C130] Eurex crashed this morning just like Nasdaq
TimesUp: At 0402 am, EDT, the Dow Jones Business News reported that the Eurex Exchange halted trading for 12 minutes at 0642 GMT "... in order to avoid a threat to functioning of the exchange trading." Trading was then restarted without incident at 0720 GMT. Could this have been related to final test being run thru Nasdaq? If not, I hope it's not a harbinger of things to come over here today.
JJHall: New Week Starts With Another Full Market Halt
Appaloosa: I think this is directly related to #4 and maybe #5 in mnt goats post. Excerpt below:
""Each step of the process of the final journey must be done correctly: (in simplistic terms)
1) regenerate the rates (load the train with passengers), this is done already
2) push to the banks (make stops at all 190+ banks), now underway
3) confirm the rates are accurate at the banks and get signoffs (call home and tell mom you made it safe), now underway for some countries
4) load the international rollout - FOREX (tell the whole neighborhood you are home safe), on hold
5) make NASDAQ connectivity open for trading- activate the rates at the banks (celebrate that the journey is over). on hold""
Posted by John MacHaffie at 12:03 PM