How in the world did we ever come to a place where male genital mutilation is not only completely accepted as a societal custom, but also embraced as a religious practice?! Truly, it is regarded as a rite of passage into this world of pain and suffering.
After the baby boy is born, as if that’s not traumatic enough, he is then forced to suffer the excruciating pain and shock of having a very important piece of his body cut off … from the most sensitive part of his body, no less! Just who is it (or who was it) that determined that the male genitalia was somehow flawed by the Creator?
An exposed penis (chopped off penis) is much more excitable than one which has not been circumcised. The foreskin serves the purpose of protecting a highly sensitive organ which was made that way for a very good reason. When it is removed, friction between the exposed head and either underwear or pants greatly increases the opportunities for the penis to be physically excited. The ramifications of this single completely avoidable life-long predicament are truly catastrophic to both the man and his society.
Especially in an age that is replete with instances of graphic sexual content at every turn does this physical situation take on great significance.
For many adolescent boys the constant friction can keep them in a state of constant low grade sexual excitation which will infect every part of their lives. As an example, especially at school where all the coeds sit across the aisle, the distraction from studies can be quite agitating. A fully exposed penis is a much different organ than one that has not been circumcised, as we just described.
There are many other life situations which arise for boys, young adults and grown men which challenge them to a much greater degree because this vital protective barrier has been snipped off
(The higher “Rape” of women is also a part of this sick equation).
Look at how we all justifiably react to the terrible female mutilations in Africa! This is also very not right for the young girls and everyone else involved. And the global outcry is having a positive effect on forever changing that barbaric custom. Where’s the outcry for baby male genital mutilation?!
HELLLOOOO ! ! ! What in God’s good name is going on here?
Millions throughout a whole society … an entire civilization have been stampeded into cutting off the foreskin of infant boys. As though such a horrendous surgical procedure is without pain and AWESOME consequences.
Where in the world do we begin with this one? We don’t mean which of the top circumcising nations either like the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc.
We apologize if it appears that we have departed from our usual coaching style. Yes, admittedly we have some serious baggage with this little humdinger. WE WANT OUR FORESKINS BACK!
Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, let’s really explore what’s going on here. Mothers especially, please know that this is NOT a pretty picture at all.
The mother’s basic instinct is to always fiercely protect their newborn, as well as their young children.
So, let’s get busy with the facts as opposed to the terrible disinformation, misinformation and false information put out by the medical establishment and religious groups.
First and foremost the foreskin of the male penis serves a very important purpose; that is to protect and lubricate the head of the penis.
From a sensitivity and vulnerability standpoint, can you imagine how much more exposed such an organ is when it is stripped of this vital skin covering?
Here’s a fairly exhaustive list of what is actually removed with circumcision as quoted from Webmagicion.com.
Circumcision Removes More Than Just Skin
When an infant’s penis is circumcised, this is what is forever lost:
• 50 to 80% of the total penile skin system, radically immobilizing the remaining shaft skin. If unfolded and spread out flat, the average adult foreskin measures 15 to 20 square inches, about the size of a postcard.
• Most of the erogenous nerve tissue on the penis. The foreskin contains between 10,000 and 20,000 specialized erotogenic nerve endings of various types, which can discern slight motion, subtle changes in temperature, and fine gradations in texture. The amputation of this highly-innervated tissue reduces the sensitivity of the penis to that of ordinary skin.
• The densely innervated Ridged Bands, a specialized, extremely erogenous section of the prepuce located at the juncture of the outer foreskin and inner mucosal tissue.
• Approximately half of the smooth muscle sheath called the Dartos fascia.
• Thousands of coiled, fine-touch receptor cells, including Meissner’s Corpuscles.
• An estimated 240 feet of microscopic nerves, including branches of the dorsal nerve.
• Several feet of blood vessels, including the frenular artery and portions of the dorsal artery, the loss of which interrupts normal blood flow to the shaft and glans of the penis, severely damaging its natural function.
• Lymphatic vessels, the loss of which interrupts the lymph flow within the body’s immune
• The entire immunological defense system of the soft mucosa which produces antibacterial and antiviral proteins such as lysozyme, the same as found in mother’s milk, and plasma cells which secrete immunoglobulin antibodies.
• Ectopic sebaceous glands, which lubricate, moisturize, and regulate a healthy pH balance, thereby maintaining the erotogenic sensitivity of the glans.
• The apocrine glands, which produce pheromones, nature’s powerful, silent, invisible sexual signals/stimulants.
• Specialized epithelial Langerhans cells, an immune system component.
• Estrogen receptors – the purpose and value of which are not yet fully understood.
• The connective synechiae, which fuses the foreskin to the glans while the penis develops during infancy. It is destroyed when the foreskin is torn from the glans during the circumcision operation.
• The frenulum, the sensitive ‘V’-shaped tethering structure at the base of the glans on the underside of the penis, is also usually amputated, severed, or destroyed.
• The protective covering of the glans, which is actually an internal organ. The foreskin shields the glans from abrasion, drying, and callusing, and protects the glans from dirt and other contaminants.
• Loss of sexual sensitivity in the glans. The glans of an intact penis is normally a soft, moist, delicate organ, similar in texture to the smooth skin lining the inside of the lips of your mouth. When the foreskin is amputated it no longer provides protection to the glans against abrasion, or even exposure to the air.
This causes the glans to dry out – imagine what would happen to your eyeballs if your eyelids were removed. It also causes the skin on the glans to thicken and harden as a protection against abrasion.
This ‘callousing’ effect – known as keratinization – causes any remaining nerves on the glans to become buried under many layers of skin cells, severly reducing the sensitivity of the glans to external stimulation – such as a soft touch. The sensitivity continues to decrease over time, until eventually all sensitivity is lost.
• 10% to 20% of the penis’s circumference, because its double-layered wrapping of loose foreskin is now missing, making the circumcised penis thinner.
• As much as one inch of the erect penis’s length due to scarring, and shrinkage from loss of the mobile, richly-vascularized foreskin.
• The gliding action of the penis within its foreskin. The foreskin’s abundance (15-20 sq.in.) of specialized, self-lubricating skin gives the natural penis its anatomically unique ability to smoothly slide back and forth within itself, thereby permitting non-abrasive intercourse, without drying out the vagina.
• The deep pink to red to dark purple natural coloration of the glans.
• There is considerable evidence that a circumcised penis loses its capacity for subtle electromagnetic communication that occurs only during contact between mucous membranes, an interaction which contributes to the sense of the healing power of sexual ecstasy. In other words, circumcision forever diminishes the intensity of both the male and female orgasm and its physical, psychological, and spiritual benefits.
• Many babies die as a result of circumcision, a fact the circumcision industry obscures and conceals.
The preceding list was compiled as a public service by the WebMagician under the heading: Foreskin & Circumcision: The REAL Truth Do you still plan on having your baby boy circumcised? Or, do you as an adult still plan on your own religious or medically advised circumcision?!
The medical procedure known as circumcision is truly a moral and physical abomination. Performing them brings shame upon all who participate – doctors, parents, nurses – because of how it victimizes the most vulnerable and powerless among us, our newborn infants. How society was ever brought to a point of accepting male genital mutilation as casually as it does is truly a study in mass brainwashing.
Look at how we all justifiably react to the terrible female mutilations in Africa! This is also very not right for the young girls and everyone else involved. And the global outcry is having a positive effect on forever changing that barbaric custom.
There’s a lot more to discuss concerning this extremely offensive medical procedure. Many of the real long term effects on the child and his life will be taken up in Circumcision Part II. When the far-reaching ramifications throughout all of society are better understood, a movement for systemic change will commence.
In the meantime, you might contemplate how a forever exposed, highly sensitive, sexual organ can be manipulated by the forces which surround the teenage boy, the young adult, the grown man who doesn’t even know that these negative influences are continually at work throughout his environment. Think of all the consequences which have accrued over decades, which we see everywhere throughout the entire civilization.
For instance is there a connection between a population explosion of 7 billion people and this ever-increasing practice of circumcision over the past century?! This question will be discussed in Circumcision – Part II.
Source: The Health Coach
www.webmagician.com/pubservice/ provides the most accurate and thorough description of circumcision on the web.
Their clarity and commitment to the truth in this regard is both courageous and inspiring.
May the infants of the world be spared the mutilating procedure of circumcision for all future generations.
When a young male of any age is sexually mutilated (circumcised) against his will, physical harm is done to his body and psychological harm is done to his mind.
And just as the physical harm will remain with him for the rest of his life, so does the psychological harm.
As other writers have suggested, the destructive assault on a young male’s penis by a sexual mutilator is a great trauma for that male victim, and the consequences of this destructive assault are independent of whatever rationalizations or justifications were in the minds of that sexual mutilator and his accomplices as he performed his criminal assault. As psychologist Ronald Goldman says:
When a child is subjected to intolerable, overwhelming pain, he conceptualizes mother as both participatory and responsible regardless of mother’s intent. . . . The consequences for impaired bonding are significant. . . . Circumcision is an enormous obstacle to the development of basic trust between mother and child.
MEN’S FEELINGS ABOUT CIRCUMCISION
To understand how circumcision may affect women in relationships with men, we need to know how circumcision can affect men.
Current knowledge of male feelings about their circumcision is generally based on surveys published in medical journals, clinical experience, and reports from men who have contacted circumcision information organizations. These reports collectively include thousands of boys and men. Circumcision advocates dismiss these surveys and reports as “anecdotal.”
In a medical journal survey of 546 self-selected men between the ages of 20 and 60 who reported circumcision harm, the following effects and feelings were noted.
- anger, rage, sense of loss, shame, sense of having been victimized and mutilated
- low self-esteem, fear, distrust, and grief
- relationship difficulties, sexual anxieties, and depression
- reduced emotional expression, avoidance of intimacy
Statements about circumcision from dissatisfied men include the following:
”I have felt a deep rage for a long time about this.”
”Circumcision has given my life a much diminished and shameful flavor.”
”I feel violated and abused.”
MALE ABUSES TOWARD WOMEN
It is possible to compare circumcision rates by country to prevalence of male abuses toward women that include violence, repression, isolation, murder, rape, and forced marriage.
The ten worst countries for women are Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iraq, Nepal, Sudan, Guatemala, Mali, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Somalia. Eight of these countries have a male circumcision rate that exceeds 80%. Two other countries have a rate between 20% and 80%.
In the United States, domestic violence is the single greatest cause of injury to women. Every fifteen seconds a man beats a women. Low self-esteem can contribute to this behavior.
Men low in self-esteem are more prone to jealously in their relationships. Jealously is a precipitating factor in violence toward women.
Predictably, low male self-esteem, a possible effect of circumcision, correlates with a high risk of domestic violence.
It has also been documented that exposure to violence in childhood is linked to later spousal abuse.
The child experiences circumcision as violent. Those who have been violated generally have a problem with anger and may direct it at others.
The association between circumcision rates and abuses toward women could be related to the long-term psychological effects of circumcision on men which, in addition to low self-esteem and anger, include disruption in the mother-male child relationship, post-traumatic stress disorder, weakened relationships with women, and low empathy.
WHY WOMEN ARE GETTING INVOLVED
There is much more we could investigate. Do potential anger and rage associated with circumcision contribute to uniquely high American rates of female murder victims, rape, and domestic violence? We do not know. Because male motivation and money are steered toward seeking potential benefits for circumcision, we are not likely to know all the effects of circumcision any time soon. However, more than enough is now known (and not known) to question this cultural practice. Women are particularly encouraged to be involved in the circumcision decision for their son.
- Women are not subject to the personal psychological motivations of circumcised men to want their son circumcised (e.g., “I want him to look like me”).
- Some women have experienced long-term regret (“deep wound of guilt” “my gravest parenting mistake”) if they consented to circumcision.
- Women sign the majority of hospital circumcision consent forms.
Times are changing. More women are thinking about circumcision seriously, seeking independent sources of information, often long before giving birth, and not yielding to men who want it for their son.
Because of male psychological resistance to this issue and the maternal instinct to protect infants from harm, women are more likely to see through the cultural blinders and take action. Women are getting involved in educating others either personally, with the Internet, or through pertinent organizations.
One who is speaking out is Melissa Morrison, who chose circumcision for her son because “it was something that was just done.”
She watched her son’s surgery and now deeply regrets her decision. “People need to know what they are doing to their babies.
I didn’t know. I’m talking to my girlfriends; I’m talking to mothers.
If it helps just to save one baby, then it’s worth it.”
The Nine Network’s ‘60 Minutes’ program has tackled the issue of routine infant circumcision again Participants in the segment included former Tasmanian Commissioner for Children, Paul Mason, who made the point that circumcision ‘is child abuse, it’s sexual abuse’ and Elwyn Moir, who highlighted the negative impacts that being subjected to genital cutting as an infant have had on his (and many other men’s) life.
It seems too easy to forget children in human rights struggles. There’s one particular, long-standing problem in the US and it’s a notable human rights violation of children. For 21 years I’ve been doing what I can to help end this problem in the US.
Due to appalling ignorance, psychopathology, and deep denial in the US public, due to ignorance, arrogance, deception, lying, greed, and psychopathology in US medicine, and due to a certain perverse, anti-human, violent belief system, this problem has been difficult to correct.
This blog concentrates on the US problem.
All content found at The Health Coach is for information purposes only. Therefore, the information on this website is not a substitute for professional medical care and should not be construed as either medical diagnosis or treatment. All information contained herein ought to be considered within the context of an individual’s overall health status and prescribed treatment plan. Since The Health Coach does not diagnose, treat, mitigate, cure, or heal any type of disease or medical condition, the information contained at this website is not intended to provide specific physical, mental, emotional or psychological health advice. It is entirely the reader’s decision to act or not act on any information at The Health Coach. Therefore, we fully invoke the HOLD HARMLESS clause for those who are responsible for putting any of this information into practical use and application.
With every good wish, More Info:
Islam Muslim Female Genital Mutilation Sex with Animals Now OK in American Military - Religion's Laws of Evil in the USA Defense bill Repeals Military Law on Sodomy & Animal SEX with Soldiers - ISLAM What You Should Know (Documentary by Ann Barnhardt)