Latest topics
» Religous dinner with Don n Hil.... "Pardon me"
Today at 10:30 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Gettysburg Ghosts of the American Civil War
Today at 9:27 pm by Crayonmiracle

» BOOM: HILLARY CLINTON Transfers $1.8 Billion to QATAR Central Bank and more BS
Today at 9:23 pm by PurpleSkyz

» WikiLeaks Tweets “Heavily Armed Police” Outside Ecuadorian Embassy; Says Assange Is Still Alive
Today at 8:04 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Rise Together ~ Fake Alien Invasion Planned for November 8th—How to protect your family
Today at 7:45 pm by Crayonmiracle

» Major DDoS attack on Dyn DNS knocks Spotify, Twitter, Github, PayPal, and more offline
Today at 7:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» To All Living and Breathing Men, Women and red blooded Americans who live on the land in the 50 States aka America
Today at 6:01 pm by Crayonmiracle

» Project Veritas Action Videos Hoopla
Today at 4:42 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Nick Meeting With the FBI Again - Submit Your Info NOW
Today at 4:15 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The Hoia Baciu Forest: Transylvania's 'Bermuda Triangle'
Today at 2:33 pm by PurpleSkyz

» TNTBS ~ The WINGIT Wages Donate
Today at 12:57 pm by PurpleSkyz

Today at 12:55 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Face Recognition Systems Threaten the Privacy of Millions
Today at 11:10 am by PurpleSkyz

» Don’t Feel Bad for The American People Because They Deserve This Election
Today at 10:51 am by ~Ann~

» David Icke in Italy - What is Phantom Self?
Today at 10:26 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ UFO Seen At ISS Glistening In The Sun and MORE
Today at 9:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Anunnaki Speak: A Message to Earth
Today at 9:32 am by PurpleSkyz

» This Weeks RV/GCR Chatter
Today at 9:21 am by PurpleSkyz

» Philippines president Duterte announces 'separation' from US during China visit
Today at 8:50 am by PurpleSkyz

» "Investigation of Max Spiers' death"
Today at 8:26 am by PurpleSkyz

» Armenian Stonehenge: Incredible History of the 7,500-Year-Old Observatory of Zorats Karer
Today at 8:12 am by PurpleSkyz

» Social Security May NOT be Attached
Today at 8:03 am by PurpleSkyz

» Dragon Caught on Tape in China
Today at 7:35 am by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ Black Star Update plus MORE
Today at 7:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» Experts Believe Mysterious Aluminum Object Dating Back 250,000 Years ‘Could be Ancient UFO Technology’
Today at 7:16 am by PurpleSkyz

» Official reality is psychotic; you are not. by Jon Rappoport
Today at 7:13 am by PurpleSkyz

» Message from Mike Quinsey 10-21-16
Today at 7:08 am by PurpleSkyz

» Psychiatry as Bullshit
Today at 6:58 am by topspin2

» Mystery Boom over Idaho, Ocean City, & Thatcham U.K Oct 2016
Today at 6:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» What in the World Are We Waking Up About?
Today at 6:27 am by PurpleSkyz

Today at 6:23 am by PurpleSkyz

»  15 Days Of Darkness In November 2016
Today at 6:16 am by PurpleSkyz

» "Monumental" Republic Intel Update - October 19, 2016
Today at 2:32 am by MartyM

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Mind » THE INSANITY OF REALITY » GLOBAL PROTESTS & PETITIONS » The global, tipping point, significance of “I CAN’T BREATHE”

The global, tipping point, significance of “I CAN’T BREATHE”

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The global, tipping point, significance of “I CAN’T BREATHE”

Posted on December 5, 2014 by Ann Kreilkamp
Not long ago I asked the question, is Ferguson a tipping point, and if so, what kind? Well I’d say now, after the second grand jury exonerated an obviously violent policeman, that yes, Ferguson was/is a tipping point, towards universal empathic understanding. The “proof”? I CAN’T BREATHE, which is echoing throughout the world, and especially in U.S. cities.

“I can’t breathe”: Hands up from across the globe at Eric Garner protests

Protestors Fill the Streets across the Country over Decision in Eric Garner Case

Several days ago I read a piece that ignited a eureka moment within myself. Here is the piece:
Wheat People vs. Rice People

Why are some cultures more individualistic than others?

Read it. You might have a similar response, especially if you study and practice permaculture which, I’d say while contemplating this essay, teaches us how to combine figure with ground, individualism with community, pattern with context. In other words, it doesn’t have to be either/or, either me first or all of us together. It’s both. It’s always been both. Nature doesn’t make either/or distinctions. We do.
Let us return to Nature by retraining our minds to think as Nature does: attuning to peripheral vision while simultaneously entertaining various patterns. No sense just coming up with one way of looking at anything. To do so is to freeze both context and pattern in place. No sense in just immersing ourselves in context — we used to call it “just going with the flow” — without also creating patterns, which we then, test, put into action, to see if they “work” or how they work, and whether or not the way they work is for the benefit of all beings. Meaning the whole context. Which of course is endless, infinite, and offers continuous surprises. There is no stopping here. No beginning and no end. Only flow. So here we are back again inside the immense rising and falling, the quantum field sparking here and there, depending on us, what we look at, focus, bring into manifestation.
Yes, both. Both “selfish” and “selfless.” Both “me” and “the universe.”
To fixate on either one or the other is to negate our creativity as a species.
One term that is drawing more and more attention, I think made popular by Thich Nhat Hnah, is “interbeing.” This beautiful word helps us immerse ourselves in the silent intermingling spaciousness that connects all and everything, inside and out. Yes, we are individuals, each of us on our own trajectories, with singular natures that are original and significant and need to unfold according to their own laws. And yes, we are interconnected, all of us individuals surrendered to the same endless sea of remembrance and forgetting. Our insides are felt everywhere on the outside. Outside penetrates to the very marrow of our bones. There is no inside/outside distinction, not really.
Back when I was a first year graduate student, the teacher asked if someone could give an example of something that we all participate in, without measure, and unconsciously. Immediately, my hand shot up. Air, breathing, I responded.
Which is why, the mantra, I CAN’T BREATHE, now shimmers across the surface of the oceanic interbeing, choking all of us equally. Each of us unique individuals now knows, each of us feels Eric Garner’s panicky terror, as he asphyxiated while being manually choked by a policeman. We are one in our horrified understanding. We have arrived.
Let us hold this moment, treasure it. For we have reached the seedbed of universal understanding. Beyond race, color, creed, or even class. No matter who we are, rich or poor, black or white, from the East or from the West, Muslim, Jewish, Christian or aboriginal, we all vividly imagine what it feels like not to be able to breathe.
When a baby is born, his or her lungs fill with air for the very first time. He or she is now separate from Mom, an individual, and yet immersed in, and flowing within this sweet medium of air that we all share equally, without reservation.
The freedom to breathe is the first sign of life, the first form of justice. Let us proceed from there to animate our interbeing.

Share this:

Thanks to:

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ~ Edgar Allan Poe

A rise in global consciousness perhaps?

This seems to be getting a lot of airtime in the US, in other countries this experience is, or had been the norm previously. The aggressive drone in Police uniform has surfaced in other formally normal nations as well. In Europe the comparison of these unthinking aggressive unfit for purpose inadequates has been with former heavy handed communist regimes, the latest incarnation of such with a PR makeover is the EU.

Yet the reports I have seen and read from the other side of the Atlantic state Ferguson erupted because a Police officer sitting in a car had to defend himself from a arrogant aggressive strutting goon. Which version is true I don't really know and this stinks of a classic smoke and mirror useful idiot action that has backfired in spectacular fashion.

Ferguson is clearly being "stoked" by factions who have form for looking for racial violent encounters, religious speakers, community leaders and other self righteous anally retentative dreamers who divide with hate and issues belonging in a past world, then you have another section of people who tend to be the victims of the mobs.

Those following the mobs and preachings of hate may, just may realise they are able to rise above this out of date programming of putting different groups at each others throats, it only serves the debt slave promoters who distantly control them.

The criminals will always be criminals, no matter where in the western world you go you will always find them dotted around in small numbers at the bottom of the pile, and infesting the very top.

A rise in consciousness would seriously disinfect these unneeded parasitic pests.

Roll on the showers of mental bleach

"आप सिर्फ यह है आप नहीं था क्या मतलब है यह देखने के लिए किया था"

bs4 this is the first time since the 60's that not only the youth but all people are coming out to say NO MORE to the rampant police violence.

It is very encouraging. Unlike the failed Occupy movement this is something that I can see growing.

So we will see. The barn door has been flung wide open here and the sheeples are running free!

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ~ Edgar Allan Poe

PurpleSkyz wrote:bs4 this is the first time since the 60's that not only the youth but all people are coming out to say NO MORE to the rampant police violence.

It is very encouraging. Unlike the failed Occupy movement this is something that I can see growing.

So we will see. The barn door has been flung wide open here and the sheeples are running free!

Amen to that Dear Lady

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum