Latest topics
» California Approves $3.2 Billion Bond For High Speed Train To Nowhere
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Em

» Brexit, Wokeness, & The Illusion Of Choice - David Icke
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 3:40 am by Em

» SCAMMER ALERT! - Judy aka Quartz Crystal the Source Player is PLAYING You for DONATIONS! - PLUS A CULT MEMBER CONVERSATION
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 3:34 am by Em

» 14 typical excuses swindlers (Jerzy Babkowski) use to keep you on the hook, hoping your nightmare will end
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 2:18 am by RamblerNash

» Dave Schmidt (Meta 1 Coin) - No Paperwork?
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 2:11 am by RamblerNash

» Declassified Radar Reports of UFO's & Dec.4,1981 Declassified Incident With F4 and UFO
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 2:02 am by PurpleSkyz

» 11/11/2019 -- Large Meteor Explodes over Missouri USA -- Massive blast felt across region
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 1:59 am by PurpleSkyz

» #QTard Drama Theater - Late Breaking: Q is BACK BIGTIME! plus more
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 1:55 am by PurpleSkyz

» NEW YOUTUBE TERMS: ACCOUNTS DEEMED NOT “COMMERCIALLY VIABLE” CAN BE DELETED
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyToday at 1:49 am by PurpleSkyz

» WiFi, 5G and EMF pollution can cause PSYCHIATRIC effects in humans, plus spontaneous abortions, infertility and cellular DNA damage
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 6:22 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mercury set for rare transit of the Sun tomorrow
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ UFO Fleet seen in Puebla,Mexico plus MORE
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 6:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» WATCH FREE ACCESS for 24 hours - Mind the Matrix - EPISODE I
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 5:58 pm by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ *SPECIAL*GIANT PLANET BEHIND THE SUN* plus MORE
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 5:35 pm by PurpleSkyz

» BBC film crew was held at gunpoint at Area 51
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 5:31 pm by PurpleSkyz

» HAPPY 11:11 - Mercury Transit 11/11: A Change of Perspective plus MORE
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 3:49 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Benjamin blablablah Fulford 11-11-19… “Deliberate implosion of financial system ” yadayadayada
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 12:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Assange’s Father Fears His Son ‘May Die In Jail For Revealing War Crimes’
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 12:12 pm by PurpleSkyz

» #QTard Drama Theater - POTUS45 Is Q- NXVIM Is a Worldwide Op
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 12:09 pm by PurpleSkyz

» 53 Million Americans Drowning in Cycle of Low-Wage Work
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us EmptyYesterday at 12:06 pm by PurpleSkyz

CURRENT MOON

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » PERCEPTUAL AWARENESS » INFORMATIVE GUIDES FOR THE SHIFT IN CONSCIOUSNESS » A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us

A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
Please send your Prayers and Healing energies to our Beloved teacher Thich Nhat Hanh
Below Information from link:
http://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2014/11/a-mindful-gift-fr...
A Mindful Gift from Thich Nhat Hanh (Thay) to All of Us Thich-nhat-hanh-225x276 Last week I wrote about Thich Nhat Hanh’s brain hemorrhage landing him in the hospital. The most recent update from Plum Village shows that while his condition is still in a critical stage he has opened his eyes and even reached out to touch the attendant next to him. In continuing this time of honoring his life I wanted to share with you one of the gifts he has given me that I often share with others.
These are the short phrases he weaves into breathing or walking that helps us be more present, loving, grounded, and aware in daily life. If you don’t already, consider trying these out as an experiment in your daily life and seeing what you notice.
For example,

• You may take three steps while breathing in and say “Breathing in, I calm my body” and then with the following three steps “Breathing out, I relax.” You can then shorten this to saying “calm” as you breathe in, and “relax” as you breathe out.
  • “Breathing in, I notice the colors all around me, breathing out, I smile.” Then shorten to “Breathing in, colors, breathing out, smile.” Even if we don’t feel like smiling, the simple act of doing a half-smile sometimes can change the tension in our faces, which in turn affects our mood.
  • “Breathing in, I have arrived, breathing out, I am home.” Then shorten too “Breathing in, arrived, breathing out, home.” Have you ever had the experience where you were rushing home to relax. It doesn’t make sense and isn’t effective is calming the nervous system. Sometimes reminding ourselves that we have arrived to the present moment already and that we are home can help calm an anxious mind. We can then slow down and get home a few minutes later in a more collected and relaxed state.
  • “Breathing in, I wash my hands, breathing out, may I use them wisely throughout the day.”  Shorten to, “Breathing in, washing, breathing out, wise hands.” This practice can not only bring appreciation to one of the unsung heroes of our bodies, our hands, but also reinforce the idea of being aware of all they do during the day and being more mindful with them.  This cultivation of appreciation can support us in feeling well.

These are just some examples; you can make up your own that fit for you. You can do this while walking or just sitting and breathing. And ofcourse, most important of all, don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself. If it’s not for you, cast it aside, but give it a shot. Pay attention to how you are feeling physically, emotionally, and mentally before doing it and then again after you do it for a few breaths.
No matter how many breaths Thay has left, his life has touched millions and he will never leave us.

Thanks to: http://extraterrestrials.ning.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum