Latest topics
» Standing Rock News
Today at 4:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Benjamin Fulford 10-24-16… “Mass arrests and extrajudicial killings going on as part of cabal takedown”
Today at 3:40 pm by topspin2

» Require info!
Today at 3:24 pm by bs4ever

» Does Hollywood Know My 13-Point Grid? by TS Caladan
Today at 2:46 pm by PurpleSkyz

» POOFness for OCT 23: IMAGINE ( the day Jerzy gets what is coming to him for all the money he has scammed)
Today at 1:08 pm by erwing

» The Legal Ownership of All Souls by the Vatican… Since 1306!
Today at 12:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Ida Lawrence ~ So, it’s Truth Bomb Time?
Today at 11:45 am by PurpleSkyz

» Nothing is As It Seems, When People Want to Help The World, They Will Be United
Today at 11:39 am by PurpleSkyz

Today at 11:37 am by PurpleSkyz

» This Weeks RV/GCR Chatter
Today at 11:32 am by PurpleSkyz

» Graffiti on Mars?
Today at 11:20 am by PurpleSkyz

» Archaeological sensation in Spain The first Spanish Pyramid discovered
Today at 11:18 am by PurpleSkyz

Today at 11:05 am by PurpleSkyz

» Meet Bella ~ 4-year-old Russian girl stuns crowd by speaking fluently in 7 languages
Today at 10:58 am by PurpleSkyz

» One of the World’s Greatest Archaeological Mysteries has been Discovered Deep within the Himalayas in Nepal
Today at 10:34 am by PurpleSkyz

» Collective consciousness: the individual is gone by Jon Rappoport
Today at 10:23 am by PurpleSkyz

» Alabaster columns of Light support the New Inner Gaia
Today at 10:15 am by PurpleSkyz

» US peace activist Tom Hayden, RIP
Today at 10:07 am by PurpleSkyz

» Jesse Ventura on Trump, Hillary, and the Broken System
Today at 10:04 am by PurpleSkyz

» Villagers and Soldiers Save Beached Whale – Bravo!
Today at 10:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» Draculas Castle Has UFO In 15th Century Painting
Today at 9:47 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ Two Glowing UFO Over Mountains Newman, Georgia plus MORE
Today at 9:45 am by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ Asteroid impact damage from the Planet X system and MORE
Today at 9:41 am by PurpleSkyz

» Strange bright UFO spotted over Brisbane, Australia during full moon rising
Today at 9:33 am by PurpleSkyz

» How To Use A Pendulum
Today at 9:27 am by PurpleSkyz

» Ancient Alignments, Ley Lines, Grid Vortices
Today at 9:23 am by PurpleSkyz

» MK-Ultra Project, Monarch and Julian Assange
Today at 9:22 am by Jaguar-2016

» 111 Hertz and Healing with Sound
Today at 9:02 am by PurpleSkyz

» WikiLeaks is Poison, Redux
Yesterday at 10:39 pm by PurpleSkyz

» BOOM: HILLARY CLINTON "Served Notice" by House Conservatives, also to Paul Ryan
Yesterday at 9:21 pm by aestheticmedic

» WIKILEAKS: Julian Assange Safe and Still in Full Command of WikiLeaks According to Latest Tweet
Yesterday at 8:42 pm by aestheticmedic

» Wikileaks Director & Assange Mentor Gavin McFadyen Dies, Cause Unknown
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The Sun Enters Scorpio And The Dark Moon Awaits
Yesterday at 6:08 pm by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Mind » PERCEPTUAL AWARENESS » INFORMATIVE GUIDES FOR THE SHIFT IN CONSCIOUSNESS » Teaching Children How to Think Instead of What to Think

Teaching Children How to Think Instead of What to Think

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Teaching Children How to Think Instead of What to Think

January 7, 2015   / 1384 views  
     [url= Children How to Think Instead of What to Think] [/url]  

Right now our education system is doing more to indoctrinate our children than to educate them. In fact, that has been the case for quite some time. Our young minds are being told to accept authority as truth instead of truth as authority, and teachers talk at the students instead of with them.
Teachers have become repeaters of information. They are merely regurgitating everything they once learned from their own teachers, and perpetuating the recycling of information; information that has managed to evade scrutiny for generations. Children are no longer the masters of their own learning, and instead, their minds are being treated as storage containers.
The factory model of education, with its focus on academic and economic elitism, is churning out obedient workers for the system, encouraged to conform every step of the way. We are not being treated as organic, creative, investigative human beings, but instead as parts in the machine. The education system is filtering out the inquisitive nature of our being, with the ultimate goal being to prevent dissent against the system. The system doesn’t want thinkers. It doesn’t want people toquestion its methods. It wants a population that can be easily manipulated and controlled so as to relinquish all its power to the elite.

There are those who say that critical thinking skills cannot be taught in schools. Socrates would likely scoff at that notion, were he still alive today. It was Socrates who said, “I cannot teach anybody anything; I can only make them think.” If we’re going to solve the problem of indoctrination in our school system, we have to learn to begin asking questions instead of giving answers. Real learning is achieved through the investigative process. Children have to be encouraged to search for the answers themselves. It is up to the teachers to provide the tools and resources necessary for the children to conduct these inquiries and make meaningful discoveries. One well-formed question will do more to inspire than any number of answers. In every facet of our educational pursuits, it becomes crucial to begin an open dialogue with our students, to encourage healthy debate and to have them form their own conclusions.
The importance of teaching philosophy in schools cannot be underestimated. In a world where most of humanity is running on the treadmill with the blinders on, it is paramount that we re-evaluate our own perspectives from time to time, and look at the big picture. What teaching philosophy does is it gets us thinking, it gets us questioning, and it gets us contemplating. Without these skills, humanity will continue to function on autopilot, and we will allow those in power to continue to dominate, oppress and enslave us in every way.
We need to reclaim our own minds…

Thanks to:

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Hello Purpleskyz --  You still have the best site on the internet -- bar NONE -- I wish that I had a few weeks a few months that I could just explore everything on your site and the links  to all the good stuff -- at my leisure --  I would be glued to my chair for hours on end --

There is no doubt in my mind that I would gain an education  that would surpass what  was taught  and what I learned in school -

Sorry I don't get here and participate  - I have become very withdrawn -  -- not depressed  -- just very reserved and careful  - I post and speak when the heart tugs  -

Aww Uneek!
Thank you so much for your kindness! I miss your comments and posting and am very happy that you felt the heart tug today!
I hope you had a nice holiday and will have a good new year.
Sometimes it is good to withdraw and observe. I do this myself when I need to.
Much LOVE to you dear.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Hey there Uneek!!Good to see you again!!

Good Morning NanneeRose -- another one of my favorite people  ((HUGS)) to you -- I hope you are doing well --  The past year has been a very challenging one for me -- but since I made it through I guess I can handle what ever this year holds huh? lol

I am bound to have  something in the way of perseverance and  true grit  ha ha  -- I don't really claim to have anything special though -- it really belongs to a higher power --

Thanks for the hello --  I always feel so good being here --  :) :) :)  

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum