OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

godsfool713

godsfool713

http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/2012/05/29/crock-pot-bread-baking-fast-bread-in-a-slow-cooker

Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker)

Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-09

When I moved to the midwest I was introduced to Crock Pot cooking. I had never even seen a slow cooker before and had no idea the range of foods that could be created in a plug-in cooking pot. Since then I have had everything from No-Peek-Chicken, Swedish Meatballs and Peach cobbler, done in one of these magic devices. When my husband was an art director Aveda they had “crock pot parties,” which meant everyone plugged in their slow cookers at their desks and made a dish to share. Brilliant! Maybe kids should bring crock pots to school and have healthy food cooking at their desks.

But, bread in a crock pot? Over the years we have gotten requests from readers to develop a method of baking our dough in a crock pot. I had my doubts, lots of them. I didn’t think the slow cooker could get hot enough, I thought it would take too long, I didn’t think it would bake through or have a nice crust and I resisted trying it. I was so convinced it would be a fail. Oh, how wrong I was. The crock pot does indeed get hot enough, and it takes less time than using your oven, because the rising time is included in the baking. The only thing I got right was the crust, it is very soft and quite pale when it comes out of the slow cooker, but just a few minutes under a broiler and I got a gorgeous loaf. I am a convert and it is just perfect for summer baking when you don’t want to heat up your oven. You could even amaze your friends at work by baking a loaf under your desk!

1 pound of pre-made, dough (I used the Peasant Bread on page 46 of Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, but the recipes from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day would also work.)

Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) >01

Form the dough into a ball and place it on a sheet of parchment paper. Lower the dough into the Crock-Pot (Slow Cooker), mine is a 4-quart, but I think it will work in any size.

Update: I just mixed up a fresh batch of ABin5 Peasant Bread Dough, let it rise for the two hours in the bucket, then formed a 1-pound loaf and stuck it in the crock pot. So, you can use fresh or refrigerated dough.
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-02

Turn the temperature to high and put on the cover. (Not all crock pots behave the same, so you should keep an eye on the loaf after about 45 minutes to make sure it is not over browning on the bottom or not browning at all. You may need to adjust the time according to your machine.)
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-03

Bake for 1 hour (this will depend on your crock pot, you may need to increase or decrease the time. If you are using a 100% whole grain dough, you may want to go for a bit longer as well). You will have a fully baked loaf of bread, but the crust is very soft, almost like a steamed bun. To check for doneness I poked the top of the loaf and it felt firm. Before it is fully baked it felt soft and almost mushy when I gently pressed the top.
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-04
The bottom crust should be nice and crisp, but the top of the loaf will be quite soft. Some folks desire a softer crust, so you will love this loaf. If you want a darker or crisper crust…

Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-07

Stick the bread under the broiler for 5 minutes or until it is the color you like, with the rack positioned in the middle of the oven.
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-05

Let the loaf cool completely before slicing. Cutting into a hot loaf is tempting, but it may seem gummy and under-baked.
Crock Pot Bread Baking (Fast Bread in a Slow Cooker) Slow-cooker-bread-08

It is fantastic with butter or as a sandwich. I love this method!

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

yum!
Thanks godsfool!

Herb Lady

Herb Lady

ew, that looks good! Thanks godsfool713!

Take care of the land and the animals and they will take care of you!

Come visit my site at:  https://onlynaturesmagic.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum