Judge orders Prince Andrew sex allegations struck from court recordPosted by talesfromtheconspiratum on April 8, 2015
Posted in: Britain , Celebrities , Corruption , Crime , Criminology , Elites , Politics , Sociology . 2 Comments
The Chinese have a saying: The fish stinks from the head. This saying can be applied to Britain and its royal parasite family.
Judge orders Prince Andrew sex allegations struck from court record | UK news | The Guardian .
Jon Swaine in New York and Robert Booth in London
Tuesday 7 April 2015
Virginia Roberts’s accusations about Andrew ordered to be struck from the record as judge denied her attempt to join a lawsuit against Jeffrey Epstein
Prince Andrew strongly denied the allegations. Photograph: Jean-Christophe Bott/EPA
Allegations that a 17-year-old was forced to have sex with Britain’s Prince Andrew , which prompted a crisis at Buckingham Palace earlier this year, have been removed from a federal court case by a judge in the US.
Judge Kenneth Marra ordered Virginia Roberts’s accusations about Andrew, the Duke of York, to be struck from the record and denied her attempt to join a lawsuit against Jeffrey Epstein, a friend of the prince and a convicted sex offender.
“At this juncture in the proceedings, these lurid details are unnecessary,” Marra wrote in his order, issued at the US district court in southern Florida on Tuesday morning. “These unnecessary details shall be stricken.”
Andrew and Buckingham Palace vehemently deny Roberts’s allegations.
Marra made no ruling or statement about the veracity of Roberts’s allegations. He said the “factual details regarding with whom and where” she had sex were “immaterial and impertinent” to her argument that she should be allowed to join the lawsuit.
However, Marra noted that Roberts may yet appear as a witness when the long-running case finally goes to trial.
Brad Edwards, an attorney for Roberts, said in a statement that her legal team “absolutely respect” the judge’s ruling, which had recognised Roberts’s right to take part in the case as a witness. Roberts said: “I’m happy to get to participate in this important case.”
A Buckingham Palace official said the Duke had been informed of the Florida court’s ruling and was spending this week in private, before resuming his schedule of public engagements next week.
His spokesman declined to comment further but referred back to repeated palace denials of Roberts claims, including a 3 January statement that “it is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation.”
Five court filings in the Florida case, including a document filed on December 30 last year in which Andrew was first accused, were immediately sealed from the public.
The filing at that time placed Andrew under intense pressure, forcing him to return to his home at Windsor from Verbier in Switzerland where he was on a skiing holiday with a party including his daughter Princess Beatrice.
Continue with story:
Thanks to: https://talesfromthelou.wordpress.com