Forget Crest and Colgate – Use Coconut Oil Toothpaste!Posted by talesfromtheconspiratum on May 8, 2015
Posted in: Alternative media , Coconut oil , Fluoride , Health . 2 Comments
Forget Crest and Colgate – Use Coconut Oil Toothpaste! | Natural Society .
From and with permission of
on May 8, 2015
Did you know that if you are brushing your teeth everyday with most name-brand toothpastes, that you are exposing your body to several unwanted toxins? It’s time to ditch the sodium fluoride, triclosan, FD&C Blue Dye #1 and 2, sodium lauryl sulfate, and hydrated silica and use coconut oil toothpaste instead – here is why:
Reasons to Choose Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- Mainstream toothpastes contains sodium fluoride , an added ingredient that is also used as rat poison. Replacing your toothpaste that contains this toxic industrial byproduct that detrimentally affects your brain with a natural bacteria-killing, Alzheimer’s-reversing substance is much more appealing, isn’t it? Coconut oil cleans the mouth and also acts as an antibacterial to help keep plaque build up from forming on your precious pearly whites. This is why some choose coconut oil when performing the healthy practice of oil pulling .
- Why use a substance to clean your teeth that has been linked to tumor-formation in rats? FD&C Blue Dye #1 and 2 are used in toothpaste and other food products and even given the FDA’s stamp of approval, but they are no good for your health and certainly shouldn’t be used on a daily basis. Coconut oil is a holistic remedy for bleeding gums, a sore jaw, and dryness of the lips, tongue and mouth. Does your toothpaste do that for you?
- If you use name-brand toothpastes – they likely contain triclosan , a known endocrine disruptor. When the endocrine system isn’t working right, your hormones are basically going to be in a free-fall. Ditch the triclosan and use coconut oil since it can actually help remove sensitivity from teeth and make them stronger.
- Instead of using toothpastes that contain foaming agents in the form of sodium laurel sulfate (SLS) that have been linked to the formation of cancer sores, try using a coconut oil massage or coconut oil pulling. This practice can significantly reduce decay-causing Streptococcus mutan, a bacteria which causes plaque and you guessed it – strep throat.
How to Make Coconut Oil ToothpasteAs coconut oil has been hailed as a ‘miracle dental breakthrough,’ it’s time to start creating your own coconut oil toothpaste. The recipe for creating this toothpaste varies from household to household, however the list of following ingredients as well as the instructions are generally agreed upon. Of course you could always do more research into what people use and make your own alterations.
Ingredients for Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 tbsp baking soda
- 25 drops essential oil (whatever you prefer, peppermint, eucalyptus, grapefruit, cinnamon, etc. Optional.)
- 1 tsp stevia (also optional)
Directions for Coconut Oil Toothpaste
- 1. Mix baking soda and coconut oil in a bowel or small container until it forms a paste or creamy-like consistency. You can start by heating the coconut oil so it’s easier to work with.
- 2. Add the essential oil and/or stevia and mix.
- 3. Pour into a mason jar and seal it up until ready to use.
Now you have your DIY homemade coconut oil toothpaste! Don’t forget to let everyone know in the comments how this worked out for you. Enjoy!
Thanks to: https://talesfromthelou.wordpress.com