Latest topics
» Linda Moulton Howe Guest Steven Bassett Interview
Today at 9:11 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mercury In The Libra Constellation September 22-October 10: Get Ready For Big Changes
Today at 8:22 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Happy Autumnal Equinox
Today at 8:19 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Home"less" VICTIMS of Weather an Economic Warfare
Today at 7:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Bad-clown Rising ~ CANADIAN KUSH
Today at 7:11 pm by PurpleSkyz

» ORWELLIAN: Apple monitors your phone calls and emails, then calculates a “trust score”
Today at 5:35 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Kerry Cassidy on Mandatory Discernment in the Alternative Media
Today at 5:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Pope Francis In Poland Tells World Famous Photographer ‘I Am The Devil’ Then Laughs It Off
Today at 5:11 pm by PurpleSkyz

» President Mushroom Dick :)
Today at 5:01 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Declassified, Unredacted –> Trigger
Today at 3:34 pm by MartyM

» This is How We Clean 88,000 Tons of Plastic From the Ocean
Today at 3:14 pm by MartyM

» Temporal Anchor, Time Lock
Today at 1:44 pm by PurpleSkyz

» #Q Anon: "[LL] recorded calls w/ [RR]" plus more
Today at 1:20 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mystery "Glitch" BLOCKS Mars Rover Data From Earth..
Today at 11:49 am by PurpleSkyz

» These documents are NOT secret! They ARE a matter of Public Record.
Today at 11:34 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Bridgette Lyn Dolgoff on the Knew Weigh Radio Show September 20, 2018 PT1, 2 & 3
Today at 11:33 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» THIS IS WHY EAST COAST IS FLOODED!!! RIVER IN THE SKY...
Today at 10:44 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» The Gray Man Ghost of Pawleys Island Real Footage During Hurricane Florence
Today at 10:29 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ "UFO" over Queens - Strange glowing light captivates residents! plus MORE
Today at 10:24 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Danger of Ignoring Your Surroundings
Today at 10:11 am by PurpleSkyz

» POOFness for SEPT 20: HIGHER LEVEL STAFF NEEDS YOUR HELP AND OTHER LIES FROM GHOULKOWSKI
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by RamblerNash

» DARK JOURNALIST X-SERIES XXVII: CERN TAROT CYBER SEANCE - ADA LOVELACE & THE ORPHIC CIRCLE!
Yesterday at 7:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BELOW TO RECEIVE OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER

A 2ND EMAIL COMPLETES THE ACTIVATION PROCESS

CLICK THE PURPLE BUTTON TO VIEW OUR LATEST POSTS

CONTACT PURPLESKYZ
FOR DETAILS

Key Word Topics:
11:11, Aliens, Angels, Antarctica, Ascension, Assange, Astral Projection, Auras, Bankers, Bitcoin, Blood Type, Booms, BRICS, Cabal, Cannabis, CBD, CERN, Chemtrails, CME's, Consciousness, Conspiracy Theories, Crypto Currency, Crystals, Dinar, Dinar Scam, Disclosure, Earthquakes, EMF, Empaths, Environment, ESP, ET's, False Flags, Federal Reserve, Flooding, Fluoride, Fracking, Fraud, Fukushima,GMO's, Herbs, History, Holistic, Illuminati, IMF, ISS, Ley Lines, Lucid Dreaming, Mandela Effect, Medical, Meteor, MKUltra, Monsanto, Morgellons, NASA, Nature, Nesara, Nibiru, Night Sky, NDE's, Numerology, NWO, OD's, Organic, Paranormal, Pizzagate, Planet X, Predictive Programming, Protests, Psychic, Q Anon, Radiation, Reincarnation, Remote Viewing, RH Negative Blood, RV, Sacred Geometry, Scams, Science, SETI, Shadow People, Shift, Sink Holes, Smart Meters, Space Force, Space X, Spirit Animals, Sun Simulator, Synchronicity, Technology, TDA, THC, UFO, Vatican, Vaccines, Volcano, WIFI, Wikileaks

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Mind » FEEL GOOD ~ BODY & MIND » AMAZING PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS » Photographer Turns Forgotten Photos Into Surreal Hallucinations

Photographer Turns Forgotten Photos Into Surreal Hallucinations

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

Admin
Photographer Turns Forgotten Photos Into Surreal Hallucinations

The Open Mind | August 14, 2015 | Life | No Comments

by Beth Buczynski
Photographer Jane Long does more than just bring vintage photos to life — she gives them a new, slightly trippy, backstory.

“In my mind they became characters in tales of my own invention,” Long explains.

Most of the vintage photos come from the Costică Acsinte Archive on Flickr.

Her retouched photos are full of something more than just color: they have surreal, even dreamlike elements that paint a picture of who these people might have been.

“It takes anywhere between 10 and 40 hours [to completely retouch a photo] depending on how complex it is and how many elements are involved,” Long told Distractify in an email.

“I wanted there to be some ambiguity about the images, what is real and what is not real?” she said. “Are these light characters or dark? Restoring the images is only part of the process, the rest is the dance.”

When we asked Long how she decided which images to restore, she said it wasn’t easy.

“Sometimes it just jumps out at me, like the acrobats in ‘The Juggling Act.’ I knew as soon as I saw her that I wanted her to be a woman on a tightrope juggling life!”

“Other times it happens more organically, like ‘Innocence’ (featured above). I knew I wanted her to have a jumping goldfish as a friend but the fire ring came later…maybe she’s a nice little girl, but then maybe she’s not! Often I look for elements that will create interaction between the subject and the environment.”

When we asked Long how she might like a picture of herself recreated, she didn’t hesitate: “Definitely underwater! I don’t know why I have such an obsession with this at the moment! I think because it’s somewhere quiet where things just float around, it strikes me as peaceful even though I know it’s not in reality.”

When not turning old photographs into modern dreams, Long likes to read and take long drives. “Some of my best ideas come from thoughts on long drives, and of course there’s always stock images to shoot on the way!” she told us.

Learn more about Jane Long at www.janelong.com.au and see more of the Dancing with Costică series on her Facebook page.

Thanks to Distractify for this article

- See more at: http://www.the-open-mind.com/photographer-turns-forgotten-photos-into-surreal-hallucinations/#sthash.jO2lPJyi.dpuf

Thanks to: http://www.the-open-mind.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum