Latest topics
» Ole Dammegard: "Statue of Liberty – NYC is next NWO False Flag" Predicted 3/22 Westminster
Today at 6:36 pm by PurpleSkyz

» GoldFish Report No. 86 Duncan O'Finioan and wife Susan Talk About the World of MicroCurrents
Today at 6:32 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Senate overturns rule from professional wildlife management agency and sanctions killing wolf pups at their dens and hibernating bears
Today at 5:27 pm by badger2

» This Weeks RV/CGR News - 2017: 3/26 - 4/01
Today at 5:02 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Cindy Kay Currier - GCR Intel: Commentary on Yosef
Today at 4:51 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Biological Consciousness and Soul Awareness, Technological Immortality, The Illusion of the Self
Today at 2:49 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Alt-Epistemology 101: Who still seems to be “telling the truth”? And if not, why not?
Today at 2:41 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Federal Tax Case Shows Evidence the U.S. Legal System is a Fraud
Today at 2:37 pm by PurpleSkyz

» clif's wujo - March 30, 2017
Today at 2:33 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Detailing the Commission of Comey Crimes
Today at 2:24 pm by topspin2

» Russian Volcano Erupts for first time in 600 years Following Mini Ice Age Cycles
Today at 1:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Important Aspects of Disclosure 4
Today at 1:15 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Experts unearth Ancient Maya statue depicting an ‘Alien’ humanoid
Today at 1:13 pm by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ Black Star Questions and Answers plus MORE
Today at 1:12 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News - UFOs near our Sun plus MORE
Today at 1:10 pm by PurpleSkyz

» That Which Is Eternal In Us Must Be Awakened
Today at 1:09 pm by PurpleSkyz

» POOFness for MAR 29: Mid Week BS by ZAP
Today at 12:59 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Dave Schmidt Newsletter: Caught in ANOTHER LIE!!! 3/29/17
Today at 12:58 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Part 3 a few weeks later, woke up with blood on tank top which was under my sweat shirt...
Today at 12:04 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Part 2 of what I suspect is happening...
Today at 12:02 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Part 1 the marks, bruising, injection mark...
Today at 12:01 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight
Today at 11:59 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Stevie Nicks On Texting & Computers in Society
Today at 11:56 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Tiny Homes Banned in U.S. at Increasing Rate as Govt Criminalizes Sustainable Living
Today at 11:55 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» The Deception of Solar Radiation Management
Today at 11:54 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Electromagnetic Geoengineering Producing Climate Chaos
Today at 11:53 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Update:NWO's Project Blue Beam and the real reasons for Chemtrails!
Today at 11:52 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» Indian Nations Send White House Invoice For 300 Trillion Dollars In Back Rent
Today at 11:51 am by Consciousness Of Economic

» 5 things from the weekly rabbit hole #Vault7 #Cicada3301 #Tengri137
Today at 8:36 am by PurpleSkyz

» No kidding! April Fools’ Comet
Today at 8:34 am by PurpleSkyz

» Anna von Reitz - For Kevin 2: The Fifty States Claim and You
Today at 8:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» Rise Together - Dragnet Brief #14
Today at 8:26 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Truth About Vaccines Launches April 12th
Today at 8:02 am by PurpleSkyz

» Similar to Morphine: The Best Natural Painkiller that Grows in Your Backyard
Today at 7:59 am by PurpleSkyz

» Cyclone Debbie update - Biggest evacuation seen in Australia since 1974
Today at 7:56 am by PurpleSkyz

» Benjamin Fulford - 3/27/2017
Today at 7:53 am by PurpleSkyz

» Lost Ancient High Technology Artifacts In The Cairo Museum Of Egypt
Today at 7:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» New Photo Of Loch Ness Monster
Today at 7:22 am by PurpleSkyz

Who is online?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Mind » PERCEPTUAL AWARENESS » INFORMATIVE GUIDES FOR THE SHIFT IN CONSCIOUSNESS » Conscientious Neuroticism

Conscientious Neuroticism

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Conscientious Neuroticism on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:03 am

PurpleSkyz

Admin
Conscientious Neuroticism
Sharing this piece by Matthew Welsh today re: new research on neuroticism.
Social psychologists generally agree that all of our behavior can be categorized into 5 unique personality traits that they label Openness, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism.  Much of the research has shown that people who exhibit high levels of neuroticism (which is our tendency to experience “negative” emotions such as anger, anxiety, sadness, and depression) is correlated with poor health, unhappiness, and other problematic outcomes.
However, new research has come out that shows that people who exhibit high levels of Neuroticism, but also show high levels of Conscientiousness (which is our tendency to demonstrate self-discipline and aim for achievement against measures or outside expectations) actually have better health, happiness, and likelihood to achieve their goals.
So, what does this mean?  Well, most self-help gurus, spiritual teachers, and psychologists warn against the harmful effects that neurotic tendencies, such as anger, anxiety, or depression can have.  Some go as far as to say you should never be angry or never feel depressed or anxious.  This type of belief and teaching can actually have the opposite effect because it can lead people to feel even more anxious when they are feeling anxious or to feel depressed about feeling depressed… when in reality these type of emotions are part of being human and can actually motivate us to make positive changes in our life.
A more helpful belief and practice would be that it is not actually feeling anxious, depressed, or angry that is potentially harmful; but it is our response to our anger, anxiety, or depression that is important.
In fact new research actually shows that people who exhibit higher levels of anxiety, depression, or anger (Neuroticism), but respond to those feelings in a Conscientious manner actually have better physical health and higher levels of happiness. This is in part because those ‘negative’ feelings can prompt us to make positive changes in our thinking and behavior.
There are various strategies we can use to put this into practice by making better use of our thoughts, feelings, and behavior.  For example, probably one of the quickest and easiest ways we can counteract these ‘negative’ feelings and manage our stress is through exercise, whether that is a 10 minute walk, yoga, or going to the gym.
Other ways we can quickly respond to our anxiety include taking more control of our thoughts and being more discipline with our thinking when we our feeling anxious or stressed.  Some helpful thoughts that we can use to reduce anxiety and increase our ability to feel better when we are faced with feeling anxiety or stress include:

• “I will rise above this situation”
  • “I don’t know how, but this situation will help me learn and grow”
  • “I am here to serve”
  • “I am dismissing this negative thought because I do not need it to achieve my goal”
  • “I intend to connect to my whole self right now”

Research has shown that these types of cognitive and behavioral interventions can truly reduce symptoms of anxiety and depression, make us feel better, and help us calmly take more direct action that increases the chances of us reaching our goals.
In Light,
Matthew Welsh
Creator of Spiritual Media Blog

Thanks to: https://wingingwithwhitehawk.wordpress.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum