Latest topics
» The Pagan Roots of Christmas
Today at 12:01 am by PurpleSkyz

» WHAT IS IT? Massive Lines RETURN Above Earth...
Yesterday at 10:06 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Body Language: The Bush Sr Funeral
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Calling it "mammoth"! - Nearly 400,000 without power
Yesterday at 6:45 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Earthquake Swarm Strikes Off Vancouver Island Coast, Eastern Tennessee Activity
Yesterday at 6:41 pm by PurpleSkyz

» DeepMind’s AlphaZero now showing human-like intuition in historical ‘turning point’ for AI
Yesterday at 6:39 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Kabbalah Secrets Revealed! An Expose 2/2 Doreen Dotan
Yesterday at 6:23 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Kabbalah Secrets Revealed! An Expose 1/2 Doreen Dotan
Yesterday at 6:17 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Arrested Huawei CFO’s Bail “Couldn’t Be High Enough”
Yesterday at 5:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Bad-clown Rising - CHRISTMAS REPORT
Yesterday at 4:55 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Hypnosis, truth drugs and remote-operated dogs: Declassified papers on CIA’s 'mind control' research
Yesterday at 2:56 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Planetary electromagnetic pollution: it is time to assess its impact
Yesterday at 2:55 pm by Consciousness Of Economic

» Brexit: The Final Straight?
Yesterday at 12:41 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Canadian Rally Against Globalists UN Migration Compact (Parliament Building Ottawa)
Yesterday at 12:39 pm by PurpleSkyz

» France - This is NOT about Gas Prices
Yesterday at 12:35 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ UFO Caught On TV News In Texas plus MORE
Yesterday at 12:01 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Eyes Wide Shut
Yesterday at 11:22 am by PurpleSkyz

» Alien Researcher Discovers UFO and Owl Accounts That Defy Any Simple Explanation
Yesterday at 10:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» Quantum Healing - Solfeggio 528 Hz
Yesterday at 10:03 am by PurpleSkyz

» #Q Anon Drama Theater: D5 INDICTMENTS? TRAITORS! TREASON! JUSTICE! plus more
Yesterday at 9:54 am by PurpleSkyz

» Strange light CAPTIVATES two men as they watch it GLOW above Lake Ontario
Yesterday at 9:38 am by PurpleSkyz

» How to see Comet 46P/Wirtanen - The Christmas Comet
Yesterday at 9:34 am by PurpleSkyz

» Blue Chicken Cult Update - California WILDFIRE: David Wilcock Exposes the Scorching TRUTH, Exclusive Interview [Part 1/3]
Yesterday at 12:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» Dozens Of UFOs On Mars Captured By The Curiosity Rover
Yesterday at 12:28 am by PurpleSkyz

» Together with Oumuamua there are another 4 Extraterrestrial Visitors registered in the Solar System
Yesterday at 12:25 am by PurpleSkyz

» Easter Island and The Peruvian Red-Haired Elongated Skull Connection
Yesterday at 12:22 am by PurpleSkyz

» Popocatepetl volcano eruption December 8, 2018
Yesterday at 12:20 am by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ BEST PROOF PLANET X AND THE NIBIRU STAR SYSTEM ARE REALLY COMING! plus MORE
Yesterday at 12:17 am by PurpleSkyz

» E-mail from ZAP SCAMKOWSKI: STAFF
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:22 pm by 4-truth

CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BELOW TO RECEIVE OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER

A 2ND EMAIL COMPLETES THE ACTIVATION PROCESS

CLICK THE PURPLE BUTTON TO VIEW OUR LATEST POSTS

You are not connected. Please login or register

Out Of Mind » THE INSANITY OF REALITY » GOVERNMENT & THE NEW WORLD ORDER » Civil Disobedience

Civil Disobedience

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Civil Disobedience on Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:55 pm

Ponee

Admin
I was having a discussion with some friends the other day, and we started talking about protestors and their causes. I was wondering what some of you think about CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE. Where do we draw the line? When is it justifiable for protesters and activists to break the law for the sake of their cause? What are your thoughts?

2 Re: Civil Disobedience on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:19 pm

dinarstar

I do not believe in breaking the law,but the right to assemble etc. in peaceful protest works for me.

3 Re: Civil Disobedience on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:47 pm

openmind

Civil Disobedience is a form of political protest when one refuses to follow 'certain' laws and refuse 'certain' taxes and refuse an 'unwarranted' hegemony. Ideally it is a PEACEFUL expression of opposition.

There are several scopes through which I choose to examine civil disobedience. Historical, Ethical, and Practical (with reference to protests in the present tense).

There have been instances in history where Civil Disobedience has been harmful to people, unethical in implementation, and at the same time been on the right side of history. For example, John Brown's Raid on the US Arsenal at Harper's Ferry, Virginia in 1859 as an act of civil disobedience, promoting the cause of abolishing slavery, was in my opinion, unjust. People were killed and property was plundered. However, time has proven his raid to be 'on the right side of history.' That is to say that his actions added to plunging the nation into the Civil War, which eventually led to the emancipation of slaves and the abolition of slavery in America.

Often a feeling of being on the right side of history motivates practitioners of civil disobedience into doing something they would otherwise not do. For example modern Islamist terrorists/suicide bombers would like to believe that their extreme actions are permissible, since in the long run, "their side" will somehow 'win" and their world view will be implemented. Here civil disobedience is neither practical and certainly not ethical. We all hope it wont prove to be on the right side of history.

Perhaps the most ideal form of civil disobedience came from Gandhi. He led a Salt March to the sea at a time when the British Colonial Government had levied a tax Indian Salt in India. The protesters marched to the sea and collected their own salt. He also sew his own clothes and cultivated his own food. Thus he overcame any unwarranted hegemony by truly exonerating himself from being dependent on the British regime. There is a great news reel clip showing Indian protesters attempting to march beyond a group of British officers, which I can't find online. Anyhow, these protesters put their hands behind their back and even while being beaten by English batons, they just got back and tried walking forward. WITHOUT ANY AGGRESSION. Now I'm not saying that Gandhi's civil disobedience was the only reason the British finally "quit" India, but it certainly proved a practical and powerful force in doing so. It was certainly ethical as no property was plundered and no one died at the hands of the protesters. Furthermore, Gandhi's satyagraha struggle in India was on the right side of history, influencing many acts of civil disobedience after it.

Its always a subjective matter, i guess. Because even after writing this post and thinking this over, I still feel like the Boston Tea Party was totally justified. It was property damage, but so what, the British were taxing the colonist to death.

I just think the line should be drawn at HARM. If people are being killed or harmed, its not civil disobedience, its disobedience to nature and natures laws (sometimes referred to as God's law).

RON PAUL 2012

"People want to see real hope restored, not false hope hyped up!" ---Me

4 Re: Civil Disobedience on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Actually, if you really study the history, it was not so much a question of being overburdened with taxes as it was an issue of self determination and plain old obstinacy (on both sides). The taxes as passed were really not that onerous. In fact they were far less than what the citizens in England were already paying. I may have the sequence out of order, but I am pretty sure that the tea tax had in fact already been rolled back. At any rate, most of the taxes were in fact ineffective. The actual match that lit the fuse, as it were, was more an issue of smuggling in New England being sharply curtailed as a result of increased British enforcement.

I'm certainly no history expert, but I have read and continue to read extensively of that period of history. If we are to understand the documents and ideals foundational to our country and our constitution we need to understand the writers of those documents, and the times they lived in. It is only when we have done this that we can hope to understand where we should be going.

Otherwise a very good post openmind! :D

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum