18 Jul 2016
Written by Alanna Ketler
The truth is, we all go through hard times. Sometimes we look at the lives of others and wonder, “Why do they have it so easy? Why does everything always work out for them?”
But I guarantee that even these seemingly perfect people still experience heartache, grief, sadness, disappointment, and so on. Some people are just better at hiding it than others — or are afraid to be vulnerable, which poses another set of challenges.
Next time you are going through a difficult time, instead of sinking into that victim mode, remember these 11 things. (Thanks to the The Law Of Attraction Facebook page for compiling this list.)
1. Everything Can And Will ChangeThis is something that has helped me many times in the past. Even if you are just feeling off, or simply uncomfortable, reciting the mantra This too, shall pass can do wonders for helping you calm down and realize that, although things are uncomfortable now, it won’t last forever. Soon enough things will certainly change and get better.
2. You’ve Overcome Challenges BeforeLife is full of challenges, but guess what? You’ve been challenged and been able to overcome it before. Believe in yourself and your ability to rise to the occasion and face your challenges head on.
3. It’s A Learning ExperienceThis is up for debate, but I strongly believe that everything in life is a learning experience, if you choose to see it that way. If you don’t learn these lessons that life throws at you there is a good chance you’ll keep repeating the same experiences over and over again until you do. So when you’re in a tough spot, ask yourself, “What can I learn from this situation?” Sometimes it’s not easy to see it when you are in it, but changing your perspective can certainly help you come to terms with whatever you are experiencing.
4. Not Getting What You Want Can Be A BlessingSometimes not getting what you want is a good thing; it can even help you realize if it was something you didn’t need in the first place! If you believe that everything happens for a reason, then this fits into that belief perfectly. Maybe that outfit that you wanted was sold out and then minutes later you found one that you like even better for half the price. And sometimes there is a lesson in learning to be happy without things that you may be only wanting to fill a void in the first place.
5. Allow Yourself To Have Some FunNo matter what, allowing yourself to have some fun is a good thing! When you are having a difficult time, sitting at home and wallowing in it will likely not help you to feel better. If you get out and go to the events your friends invite you to or immerse yourself in your work, at least you will have taken your mind off what’s bothering you and allowed some inner healing to happen. It may not cure the problem altogether, but it will hopefully give you some clarity and peace of mind, if even for a few hours.
6. Being Kind To Yourself Is The Best MedicineDon’t judge yourself for what you are feeling. You are allowed to feel upset or discouraged. Recognize that you have emotions and feel them deeply, but also try not to get wrapped up in them. Maybe take this opportunity to practice some self-care — write in a journal, take a bubble bath, go get a massage, eat the chocolate! Treat yourself how you’d like to be treated from others, because you’re totally worth it.
7. Other People’s Negativity Isn’t Worth Worrying AboutMaybe other people don’t understand why you’re feeling this way, and maybe they never will. That is okay! They absolutely don’t have to, so don’t worry about their opinions of you. They are not in your shoes and have no way of understanding exactly what you’re going through. Leave that where it lies, and if you need assistance, ask those who are there to support you.
8. You Have A Lot Of Strengths
Even when times are tough, remember this statement. You can and will overcome the challenges that lie before you!“You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.”
9. ANYTHING Is PossibleRemember that you have the power to create anything you want. Turn that frown upside down and feel the immensity of your own being! While this is often easier said than done, truly believing that anything is possible will help you to make it so, and you’ll feel better as soon as you do.
10. Great Things Can Take TimeMaybe whatever it was didn’t work out this time, and maybe this wasn’t the best time for this thing to work out. Sometimes, good things take time. Good things also come to those who wait. Just have some patience and keep on keepin’ on. Perseverance is key and can help you get to where you desire to be.
11. There Are Always Things To Be Thankful ForCount your blessings. Focus on everything in life that is going right and that you do have. This is an immediate way to shift your mood. A change in perspective can help you lift yourself out of a funk and see things differently. This may be exactly what you need.
Related CE Article
10 Signs You’re Doing Better In Life Than You Think You Are
Originally posted @ Collective Evolution
Thanks to: http://www.newearth.media