OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
What is Reiki? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
What is Reiki? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
What is Reiki? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
What is Reiki? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
What is Reiki? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
What is Reiki? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
What is Reiki? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
What is Reiki? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
What is Reiki? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
What is Reiki? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is Reiki?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is Reiki? Empty What is Reiki? Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:46 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

What is Reiki?
The International Center
for Reiki Training

A Brief Overview

Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea that an unseen "life force energy" flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.

The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words - Rei which means "God's Wisdom or the Higher Power" and Ki which is "life force energy". So Reiki is actually "spiritually guided life force energy."

A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing. Many have reported miraculous results.

Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.

An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an "attunement" given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of "life force energy" to improve one's health and enhance the quality of life.

Its use is not dependent on one's intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.

While Reiki is spiritual in nature, it is not a religion. It has no dogma, and there is nothing you must believe in order to learn and use Reiki. In fact, Reiki is not dependent on belief at all and will work whether you believe in it or not. Because Reiki comes from God, many people find that using Reiki puts them more in touch with the experience of their religion rather than having only an intellectual concept of it.

While Reiki is not a religion, it is still important to live and act in a way that promotes harmony with others. Dr. Mikao Usui, the founder of the Reiki system of natural healing, recommended that one practice certain simple ethical ideals to promote peace and harmony, which are nearly universal across all cultures.

During a meditation several years after developing Reiki, Dr. Usui decided to add the Reiki Ideals to the practice of Reiki. The Ideals came in part from the five prinicples of the Meiji emperor of Japan whom Dr. Usui admired. The Ideals were developed to add spiritual balance to Usui Reiki. Their purpose is to help people realize that healing the spirit by consciously deciding to improve oneself is a necessary part of the Reiki healing experience. In order for the Reiki healing energies to have lasting results, the client must accept responsibility for her or his healing and take an active part in it. Therefore, the Usui system of Reiki is more than the use of the Reiki energy. It must also include an active commitment to improve oneself in order for it to be a complete system. The ideals are both guidelines for living a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent value.

The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind
The founder , Usui Mikao

Reiki classes are taught all over the country and in many parts of the world. If you are interested in learning Reiki, please check the class schedule.

The International Center for Reiki Training
21421 Hilltop Street, Unit #28 • Southfield, Michigan 48033
Toll Free: (800) 332-8112 • Local: (248) 948-8112 • Fax: (248) 948-9534
E-Mail: center@reiki.org • WebSite: www.reiki.org
WebStore: www.reikiwebstore.com
© Copyright 1990-2012 The International Center for Reiki Training

Thanks to:http://www.reiki.org

2What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 am

Herb Lady

Herb Lady

Thanks Purpleskyz!

Take care of the land and the animals and they will take care of you!

Come visit my site at:  https://onlynaturesmagic.com/

3What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:38 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

You're welcome HL :)

4What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:32 am

HeavenlySense

HeavenlySense

I have learned another way to explain Reiki is sending love to a persons soul and letting a hiigher power or God send it to where the person is open to recieving it. Plus, for those that are church going I explain it that it is like the power of prayer but sending love and that every living thing needs love. It has helped me to get people of many beliefs be more open to the loving experience of releasing the negativ and opening to the posiive. Let us spread the love and light!
Trust, Believe, & Have Faith!
Heavenly Sense
Reiki Master Teacher

Trust, Believe & Have Faith!
http://www.myheavenlysense.com

5What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:36 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Thanks Heavenly Sense!

So much better to hear from one that works in this field than the old copy and paste.

I appreciate your input !

Love to YOU!

6What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 pm

HeavenlySense

HeavenlySense

My pleasure... :D Love You too!

7What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 pm

gmaHunniBee

gmaHunniBee
Admin
Admin

Wonderful! Thank you, Purple. I have been blessed to receive Reiki therapy when I was recovering after a C-section and the experience was truly peaceful. The massage therapist that I was referred to offered it as an option after we had a brief interview and I always looked forward to my sessions with her.

There was one session, however, that startled me. I was quite relaxed and as my eyes were closed I experienced the typical "colors" that usually manifested in my mind as therapy progressed. All at once, a blinding light that startled me and took my breathe away exploded before me and I jumped...not sure what was happening. I still wonder about it. Not long after, my sessions ended and I've never fully understood what happened.

HeavenlySense, can you explain what it was? Thank you for your feedback and input on this forum! I look forward to your presence and contribution here!

Love and Blessings!

:flower: ❤ gmaHunniBee ❤ :flower:
Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

8What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:34 pm

HeavenlySense

HeavenlySense

My pleasure gmaHunniBee, colors normally tie in with seeing auras. Every color has a meaning which I go over what I pick up on the client while doing a Reiki Session/Reading and find out what the client has also seen. I will send you a little about what I am getting in a message for you. Due to the fact the fact I know the message I am recieving should be shared with you and you can share it if you choose. Hope that is ok?

Trust, Believe, & Have Faith!

Heavenly Sense

9What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

gmaHunniBee

gmaHunniBee
Admin
Admin

Yes, thank you HeavenlySense. :)

:flower: ❤ gmaHunniBee ❤ :flower:
Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

10What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:41 pm

theonedss

Reki is a wonderful gift to the world. After being told I was paralized from the waste down and finally making it out of hospital with rehabilitation to my legs but being on heavey medication I received some alternative therapies as a way to help with the pain. Reki came out the most profound. After a year as a client I deceided to train in it myself, and after 5 years of self practise I trained in level 2, I intend to do the final level 3 in 2014 after 8 years of my first level. I trained from a practitioner whos lineage is only a few from usui himself and she is still practising what she called " The Usui Method of Natrual Healing " anyone wishing to train themselves or receive I would recommend this form of reki, as with most things there can be many methods, but I have found this to be the most natural and "Just feels right..." kind...

Namaste... :)

11What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:51 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

That is wonderful info theonedss...

Do you do long distance healing per chance?

I had an amazing experience with a distance healing with regards to a frozen shoulder. With in weeks I had full mobility again and not had issues since.

Did you have a full recovery? If you don't mind that I ask?

12What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:19 pm

theonedss

Hi Pskyz,

I can do distance healing yes, I have had mixed feedback with it. But then I have also had mixed feedback on hands on healing - this is to be expected when your dealing with those who are already open to the possibility, and those who are not but choose to at least try. And who am I to refuse, as per say it may be the seed that one day.... :) who knows !!!

I have had a full recovery yes :) and I only experience mild pain from time to time, but I can always walk which is a miracle !! :)

Perhaps we could set up a distance healing session :)

shokorey shokorey shokorey.

Last edited by theonedss on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

13What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:19 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Awesome! That would be great. I offer forum to our members here that you can use as a vehicle for your sessions if you would like. Let me know and I will set it up. I will not be able to do this until Sunday though. Give some though to what you would like your forum named if you decide you would like this.

14What is Reiki? Empty Re: What is Reiki? Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:44 pm

theonedss

Can you elaborate on what you mean, forgive me I am unsure of what you mean - perhaps the wording is throwing me off a bit. Its sometimes hard to gain an understanding of the words when you mix " cyber space " with " out here ( by this I mean our physical world as we know it...)

By forum do you mean using this " forum / website " as a place for us to " set up / plan " by way of writing a post " a time and place " to do a healing session.

Provisionally I suppose what I could offer would be to do a distant healing session. In my experience this is best done on a one to one basis though. Although the Universal Energy / Reiki is infinite - It is perhaps a more focused attempt by doing a session that is for only one person at a time, although doing a group session could use the ideology of we are all one, I have personally found it easier to "Move the wandering mind out of the way" a lot easier on a one to one basis. And therefore the sessions effectiveness a lot more. Being able to remove myself out of the way for longer periods of time within a session is ofcourse creating a more clear channel for the Energy to flow through. Thus creating maximum benefit for the " Client " this I expect is why when actually receiving energy as a client of Reiki, or being attuned to Reiki, the Practitioner will always work on a one to one basis, even if there is a group of people, attunments and practise are always done on an individual basis.

I am happy to try and offer my service as I can, but I always like to try to do what I know from experience and knowledge to work the best, as one it creates less for me to question and have expectations that are met later in my process of self, and also it gives the " client / receiver " the maximum opportunity for benefit, and therefore gives them as much opportunity to continue on the path they are on and move forward in this path to the place the Highest Self is pointing to weather that is Spiritual Growth and or Healing in and of itself....

I hope I make sence, I do struggle to convey in words what I truly mean, as the conceptualisation and boundries that words create in this world by definition actually creates a problem first hand as we are talking about a boundless conceptless world in itself - in other words the words create duality / me and you / them and us / separation. When there is none. Its not even that we are all connected, its that we are insperable... But that's hard to do in a world of words being our only way of communication - via the internet posts anyway.

Namaste - Shockorey shockorey shockorey... :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum