OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Empty Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:05 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Buffalohair: Humanities Pilgrimage: Standing Rock North Dakota

November 17, 2016 by Ann

Humanities Pilgrimage: Standing Rock North Dakota

Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 A1-standing-rockStories abound about the Besieged Standing Rock Sioux of North Dakota, their struggle against the Dakota Access Pile Line (DAPL) or ‘Black Snake’ and endless western media prevarications. But while on assignment at the Oceti Sakowin Camp I also found another story. Granted, it was unexpected but it was also hard to ignore for it brought me back to the very essence of my core beliefs. In a way this became my personal pilgrimage.

From the moment you approach the Cannonball River one is taken by the size of the encampments on both banks. Then there is the line of traffic waiting to pass the security check point as supporters, supplies and lookie loos pile into camp. You must go through orientation and your credentials verified to acquire a press pass. Only after you met their criteria you are allowed to take videos and photographs in permissible areas with the permissions of the occupants.

It is advised you heed the warning about taking photos of sacred sites, camp fires, lodges etc. Though you may fool people and take videos of something sacred on the sly you are not fooling spirits of the spirit world. Everyone is watching you betraying your vow to honor a sacred tradition. And what timing eh. Nothing like doing something completely stupid & disrespectful during a spiritual event of this magnitude for no other reason than you can. How far beyond stupid is that eh?

If you are planning a trip to Standing Rock bare in mind this is a budding community not a KOA Camp Ground for this is home to many people who’ve moved to camp permanently. It’s a traditional native community intertwined with societies, clans and private aspects of indigenous life foreign to other cultures. Familiarize yourself with proper protocols and clearly defined tribal precepts of what is hallowed for there are no exceptions to this rule. Just show respect, ask questions, no biggie.

Our camp had a majestic view of the spotlights that would shine down onto camp throughout the night. A supporter commented, “Reminds me of the West Bank”, then I noticed the Palestinian flag. It was humbling to note people from around the world who were so driven by compassion they made the pilgrimage to Standing Rock. Through the rigors and excitement of the day a story began to evolve, a story of the human condition.

Though people came from many dogmas & ideological principals they understood the deeper significants this joining of cultures has in the grand scheme of things. Where other ‘signs’ were simply ignored or passed off as coincidence, the DAPL – Black Snake Debacle struck a cord within prophetic philosophies around the world. It was good to hear people speaking comfortably about the realities of prophecy, especially from a multi principled perspective.

What I found way cool was the younger generation I encountered. These folks were awake, aware and wanting to make a difference for humanities sake. They were up to speed in the issues that mattered. It was great to hear well read and knowledgeable young people sharing their observations in life, motivations and how much they cared for their fellow human beings & Ma Earth. And the skills they offered were off the charts professionally speaking, holay!

Various technologies were in review, including innovative housing, holistic medicalStanding Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Pb110108 and mental health facilities under construction within this sprawling encampment along the Cannon Ball River. I happened onto a yurt building class and was spell bound by this unique structure and it’s simplicity in assembly. But alas I resigned myself to my cousins dilapidated tent that survived a savage wind storm in a previous run to the rez. Some rope, Duct Tape and we were good to go.

“Mni Wiconi, Water is Life” the mantra of the Water Protectors would resonate throughout the camp as a reminder of what we are here for. The hustle and bustle of daily life was apparent as mothers would prepare meals and various groups would conduct meetings while kitchens prepared to feed the masses. Sanitation and other infrastructure services continued quietly and unnoticed in what could have been construed as total chaos. This was truly a ‘civil society’, well except for the Bluecoats & their toys peering down on us.

As I meandered throughout the camp I could not help but imagine how life was for my people back in the day. I pondered how life could have been, where humanity was an axiom not just a noun. My thoughts turned to the prophecies and oral traditions of my people. Then I remembered the teachings of my late uncle Martin Burnt Fingernail and the visions we shared. If only he could see this now, or maybe he already does.

Our wonderful view of flood lamps was overshadowed by a perfect amphitheater since I could hear drums from the meeting area and around camp. After walking around all day it was a joy to lay down and listen to sacred songs, prayers and sagged prophetic teachings from noble speakers.

In spite of all the chaos I did find peace of mind at the Oceti Sakowin Camp for I witnessed prophecy in motion.

Like I’ve said many times before, you better have a handle on true spirituality and know who your ancestors are because the show has only just begun…

Mni Wiconi Water is Life…

Your Devil’s Advocate

Buffalohair

Thanks to: https://annlrd.wordpress.com

2Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Empty Re: Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Standing Rock… Sacred Land… A ‘Victory’ Article (“Army Corps Shelves Construction of DAPL”) and an ‘Apocalyptic’ One (“Who’s Banking on the Dakota Access Pipeline?”)

Posted on 2016/11/16 by kauilapele
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Standing_rock_people_300_2Thanks to BP, I discovered these articles, one from SitsShow and one from Food and Water Watch.
I’m posting the titles and highlights from each. A link to the funding jpeg is here. I’ll post that image separately (pretty striking, that one is; no more gas from Sunoco, will I likely purchase).
Major Victory! — Army Corps of Engineers Shelves Construction of DAPL Until Sioux are Consulted (Claire Bernish, November 15th 2016)
” In perhaps one of the most telling victories yet, the Army Corps of Engineers declared Monday that the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline must be shelved until further review. This review includes consultation with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe so it can be thoroughly evaluated to address the concerns of all parties.
“Energy Transfer Partners applied for permission to route the pipeline under the Missouri River’s Lake Oahe reservoir… Vehement but largely peaceful opposition began with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, whose government-allotted reservation draws drinking water from Lake Oahe. Although the focus of reports largely surrounds tribal rights and government exploitation, the potential for the Dakota Access Pipeline to spill or leak into the Missouri River would affect no less than 18 million people downstream.
” Army Assistant Secretary Jo-Ellen Darcy stated in a letter to Energy Transfer Partners and tribal leaders cited by the Associated Press that “additional discussion with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and analysis are warranted.”
“As the Army Corps of Engineers noted in its statement, “We fully support the rights of all Americans to assemble and speak freely, and urge everyone involved in protest or pipeline activities to adhere to the principles of nonviolence.””
Who’s Banking on the Dakota Access Pipeline? (9-6-16, Jo Miles, Hugh MacMillan)
“The Standing Rock Sioux are inspiring the world with their resistance against the pipeline. But it’s not just Big Oil and Gas that they’re opposing… They are up against the many of the most powerful financial and corporate interests on Wall Street, the profit-driven institutions that are bankrolling this pipeline plan and so many others like it throughout the country.
“The pipeline company disrupted the peaceful demonstration this weekend when its security firm unleashed violence on the activists, attacking them with dogs and pepper spray. The tribes are standing strong in their unity, and won’t give up despite these frightening and horrifying developments.
“Seventeen financial institutions have loaned Dakota Access LLC $2.5 billion to construct the pipeline. Banks have also committed substantial resources to the Energy Transfer Family of companies so it can build out more oil and gas infrastructure:
“We all owe these activists our support. Communities all along the pipeline route have been carrying out their own protests, and Food & Water Watch has been working with the Bakken Pipeline Resistance Coalition to block the proposal since it was first announced in 2014. Now, as the pipeline is being built, we’re asking everyone to call on President Obama to intervene.”
Click here to view the jpg showing the funding partners…

Thanks to KP at: https://kauilapele.wordpress.com

3Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Empty Re: Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:07 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Standing Rock… the #DAPL funding scheme (aka “octopus”, aka “giant squid with lots of tentacles”)

Posted on 2016/11/16 by kauilapele
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Standing_rock_daplbakkensankeyupdate_web_1611_full
Click to view full size
For those interested, here is a link to the original location of the jpeg… and here is the article where I found it.
Thanks to KP at: https://kauilapele.wordpress.com

4Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Empty Re: Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:08 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Final Phase of Dakota Access Construction Delayed Pending Discussion with Sioux Tribe

The US Army Corps of Engineers have announced that they will delay granting Dakota Access the necessary easements to drill under Lake Oahe and the Missouri River until “discussion and analysis” with the Standing Rock Sioux can take place.
Standing Rock Updates ~ 11/16/2016 Daplprotest

After nearly 7 months of protests and direct action against the Dakota Access pipeline by Native Americans and environmental activists, the US Army Corps of Engineers, the governmental group that originally approved the controversial pipeline in July, has delayed granting the pipeline’s parent company the necessary easements to drill under Lake Oahe and the Missouri River. The delay will remain in effect until “additional discussion and analysis” can take place with the Standing Rock Sioux tribe, which has led the massive opposition to the project. Tensions between protestors or “water protectors” and the pipeline construction company have escalated in recent months with private and state police violently suppressing dissent against the project.
Assistant secretary of the army Jo-Ellen Darcy said in a statement that the history of “repeated dispossessions” of the Sioux’s territory was part of the reason why the corps wanted to begin talks with the tribe regarding “potential conditions in an easement” that would allow the pipeline’s construction through the Missouri river, the Standing Rock Sioux’s only water supply. Essentially, they are seeking to negotiate concessions to the Sioux that would allow them to condone the granting of an easement to the pipeline company while also attempting to lessen the risks of a spill, which has the potential to endanger the drinking water for three entire states and numerous native tribes. However, the only way to prevent a spill is to keep the pipeline out of the river in the first place.
However, according to Darcy, “while these discussions and analysis are ongoing, construction on or under Corps land bordering or under Lake Oahe cannot occur because the Army has not made a final decision on whether to grant an easement.” The tribal chair of the Standing Rock Sioux, David Archambault II, said in a statement that he was “encouraged” by the delay but that “not all of our prayers were answered, but this time, they were heard.” It remains unclear how long the delay will last or if the pipeline company will even respect it. Last week on election day, Energy Transfer Partners, the parent company of the pipeline announced it would press on with the final stage of construction despite opposition from the federal government and native tribes and is in the process of “mobilizing drilling equipment.” In September, Obama ordered a temporary halt to construction of the project on federal land until the corps could conduct a new analysis on the situation. However, Energy Transfer Partners ignored that request, making it possible that they will, again, defy the government and suffer no consequences as a result.

Some have also questioned whether any government intervention will be long-lasting with Donald Trump set to assume the office of US president in January. Trump has between $500,000 to $1 million invested in Energy Transfer Partners as well as $500,00 to $1 million invested in Phillips 66, a partner company set to have a 25% stake in the pipeline upon its completion. Trump has previously voiced his support for fossil fuel infrastructure projects, telling TransCanada to re-submit its application for the also controversial Keystone XL pipeline once he assumes the presidency. Even though the government has intervened once again in the fight to stop Dakota Access, its involvement is likely timed to de-escalate tensions and lure the portion of the US public that opposes the pipeline into a false sense of security that the project will not move forward. Given that the pipeline company has ignored the government’s previous attempts at intervention, the opposition must take this time to strengthen itself as further conflicts and escalations are all too likely if and when the pipeline company begins drilling under the Missouri river.
What are your thoughts? Please comment below and share this news!

This article (Final Phase of Dakota Access Construction Delayed Pending Discussion with Sioux Tribe) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TrueActivist.co
Read More: http://www.trueactivist.com/final-phase-of-dakota-access-construction-delayed-pending-discussion-with-sioux-tribe/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TrueActivist+%28True+Activist%29

Thanks to: https://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum