OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

» Study shows that glyphosate impairs learning in bumblebees: a wake-up call for insect conservation
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:36 am by PurpleSkyz

» The power of automatic writing: a gateway to unlocking your inner wisdom
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:34 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Monkey-585x306

Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days

•  March 26, 2017
  •  Paul Seaburn

For those in need of a feel-good story, this one will have you crying big old monkey tears and give you a reason not to mess with local customs. A tourist lost in a Bolivian rainforest for nine days was able to survive with the help of a troop of monkeys (that’s what a group of them is called – for your next trivia contest) that gave him food and helped him find water and shelter until he was finally rescued. Awwww!
Chilean tourist Maykool Coroseo Acuña was on a Max Adventures max adventure in the Madidi National Park, located a rainforest in the northwest part of Bolivia, when he decided that joining with the rest of the group in a spiritual ceremony giving thanks to Pachamama (Mother Earth) for allowing them to visit her forest was too max for him. That was his first mistake.
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Pachamama
A depiction of Pachamama
It’s because he offended the Pachamama. He didn’t want to participate in the ceremony.
Feizar Nava, owner of Max Adventures, points out why you should always listen to your tour guide. According to National Geographic and other reports, five minutes after Acuña went back to his cabin, he had disappeared.
The locals believe that Pachamama is not a goddess to mess with. When offended, she is said to send a sprite (elf) known as El Duende to take the offender to another dimension. Park director Marcos Uzquiano didn’t have much hope that Acuña would be found.
For myself and the rangers, this is our culture. We believe that Duende is real. And we think it’s possible that Maykool was taken by him.
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Duende-570x267
A depiction of Duendes
Does the tour sell Duende insurance?
Nava and Uzquiano appeared to be prescient. Search parties found no sign of him on many excursions through various parts of the rainforest. At the point they were about to give up, a searcher found a single sock that Acuña’s stepmother identified as her son’s. Local shamans called this a sign and claimed to use the sock to help him escape from the Duende dimension. Based on that, the rescuers continued and, on the ninth day, found the Pachamama offender … dehydrated, covered in bug bites and telling a story of Duende messing with his mind and the monkeys.
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Bugs-570x342
Maykool Coroseo Acuña showing his bug bites
I started running. I was wearing sandals and I said no, they would slow me down. I threw away the sandals, then the cell phone and my flashlight. And after running so much, I stopped under a tree and I started thinking. What had I done, what was I doing? And when I wanted to get back, it wasn’t possible.
Fortunately for Acuña, help came in a different form of sprites … monkeys. He claimed that monkeys swinging through the trees above him would drop fruit to eat and led him to water and safe places to shelter for the night.
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Monkey-fruit-570x428
Acuña owes his life to monkeys willing to share
Wildlife experts say the primates could have been Rosillo, Lucachi or Titi monkeys that live in the area. It’s interesting that the sprite was so easy to identify but the helpful monkeys were not.
Offend the powerful and suffer the consequences. The jungle imitates civilization.
Monkeys Save Man Lost in Amazon Jungle for Nine Days Group-570x428
Acuña and his rescuers celebrating … is this wise?

Thanks to: http://mysteriousuniverse.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum