OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos?
Posted on January 2, 2018 by Ann Kreilkamp
As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? Maxresdefault
I remember the moment when a friend asked me what I thought about Bitcoin. Having no opinion, I shrugged my shoulders. That was, maybe, seven years ago? Hmmm. Did he buy a coin way back then? Check this out.
My son Colin is a convert to cryptos. Which means that he and I have not been able to avoid talking about it! Meanwhile, as I try (and fail) to understand what a “blockchain” is, I’m reminded of my now deceased father’s advice, after my new wealth (from an inheritance) was severely crippled by a bad investment: “Never invest in something you don’t understand!”
Bingo!
But, as Colin says, “I don’t have to understand what a blockchain is — other than that it’s a ‘distributed ledger,’ so no need for central banks. I don’t need to understand the mathematics behind it. I just need to trust those whom I trust that DO understand, like Clif High and Bix Weir.”
Yesterday, after I had forwarded to him both what Mike Adams and James Howard Kuntsler say about cryptos (both are very much against it, and to me, at some level, their grudges do read like sour grapes), he sent me this video. You might want listen to at least the first half of it.

https://youtu.be/k6duAbR2w5s

What interests me especially is Bix’s claim that cryptos have arisen just in time, because “nobody trusts bankers anymore; in fact nobody trusts anybody anymore!” — and this is a system built not on trust, but on math!
And I do find his main argument cogent: that we need a parallel system to develop alongside the old failing fiat currency system, in order to make sure that when the current system collapses, the entire structure of civilization doesn’t crash too, and, as he says, starve, and otherwise kill millions, even billions of people, especially in cities, due to the “just in time delivery” methods of modern transportation.
Perhaps we will look back upon cryptos as a needed, indeed crucial, transition from the old centralized economy to a truly new one, a thoroughly decentralized ECO-nomy where humans learn to recognize our place in Earth’s interdependence of all species; a time when, from total distrust, we switch to complete trust — in each other, in all of Nature to support all those who live and love within her fantastically brilliant, complex, and equilibrated Web of Life.
In short, let us learn from Nature. Nature doesn’t use money. Nor does she need cryptos! All of Nature cooperates, each part continuously taking only what it needs and giving back to the whole.
Meanwhile, I’d like to ask, what kind of “economy” does an advanced extraterrestrial civilization have? I googled that question. Here’s one (somewhat lame) attempt at answering.

What kinds of economics will intelligent aliens have?

Thanks to: http://www.exopermaculture.com

terbo56

terbo56

Stay away from cryto-currencies, UNLESS you know how to understand them, other than that, you are bound to lose- Bitcoin is dropping like a rock, IF that tells you anything, and is only a ploy by the elite to again rob you of your money-Don't do it, just say you did-

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

I have to disagree with you there terbs. I have invested in it and have more than doubled my money in under 2 weeks.  I am a small player tho but the alt coins are all going up and there are some really good projects coming up this year. There is a tonne to learn about this but it is a fascinating thing to be sure!  I have told purplez that I will keep OOM up to date about how I am going with it. It's interesting to have someone actually involved that can give a hands on opinion I reckon.  Yeah crypto is risky but so is driving to the shops these days!

It's the simple things, small every day deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.......~Gandalf~

MartyM

MartyM

There are for sure Nann Pro's and Con's to Crypto's. You can make money all most as fast as you can loose it. I invested $50. in Bitcoin and then moved it to my private vault (not a trading platform). After fees I was down to just over $36. then within my vault I exchanged @$12. of Bitcoin for @$8. of LiteCoin after fees. That's where I let it sit. After a few ups and downs and about 8wks. My combined value in both coins was just over $186. mostly due to the surge in Litecoin. Then I traded like $10. of LiteCoin for Ethereum, so now I have 3 different coins and today after those latest trade fees etc. my Vault is still valued at change over $156. with my original investment of $50. So I cant complain much and certainly nothing to brag about. There are certain 'Must Know' things before you take the plunge. There are different ways to get involved in this. You can become a 'Day Trader', not something for the uninformed or weak of heart as it is very time consuming and volatile and you better have sufficient money to play with. By playing, I mean any money you invest in this, you may as well consider that you just threw it down the crapper, gone, you don't have it anymore... So now it doesn't matter when you loose it cause it's already gone. The up side of this is that now everything you still have invested tomorrow is profit.
   You can invest with a group that does minning. If you don't understand that, don't do it, period. This is considered by most to be more passive and perhaps safer, but that's not necessarily true. This can require a sizeable investment of hundreds or thousands of dollars if you expect to see any kind of significant return and it's not an overnight process.
   I don't recommend any of this for most people as it can be a very expensive learning curve. So if your not good at doing research, studying trends, have a real burning desire to learn this (not just looking for another way to maybe make money) and some money you can afford to throw away, your better off on the sidelines just watching.
   Believe me if I did not have a friend who met all of the qualifications above, who was involved, holding my hand through the entire process, I would not be involved with it. My coins sit where they are safe. If they increase in value I may diversify further, but at this point I'm ahead and consider myself fortunate. Myself I just don't feel the hook to go into Day Trading. Doesn't interest me that much. So take this for what it's worth to you. Nann I wish you the best as always and look forward to hearing of your progress and good fortune.  As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 3802270653     As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 2738094633     As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 3150158982

'Tis better to be thought a fool,than to speak and remove all doubt.
     Love,Laughter & Prosperity...  :Santa 3: 

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Yeah I agree Marty is can be quite daunting and you really need to have a good interest in wanting to learn and stuff like you said which is what I do all day everyday. Learning everything I can from whoever I can. I am in several trading groups with some great info and some not so great. My initial investment of $160 is now sitting at $430, I hold, Ripple, Cardano, TRON, Verge and digibyte and hope to add to that list this week. I am particularly interested in the POTcoin, yes purps there is a POTcoin hahahaha I reckon it's got to be worth getting into just for the name of it LOL!!  My next buy tho will be ETHOS!

I'm going to learn Day Trading Marty as well as investing, gotta have a go, it doesn't look that hard to me, but before any money goes in I have to learn more. We will probs put a thousand in and see what happens with that.  Defs not going in blind but not going to sit back either and regret not even trying!

It's the simple things, small every day deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.......~Gandalf~

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Potcoin? Well hells bells now you have my attention!!!

As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 3820109341 As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 24341397 As the New Year begins, what about Cryptos? 1628498548

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Hahahahah yep and CannaCoin and there's another one I can't remember I found them this morning LOL! Thought of you straight away!!

MartyM

MartyM

Well Nann all I can say regarding Day Trading is start small and then when it grows, then you only use whatever your profits are for further trading. Example: Say you start with $25. whatever you decide to buy. After initial purchase fees etc. say now you have $20. and you decide you want to work with say a 5% profit.  you started with $25. 5% = $1.25. So when the value of your purchase goes back up from the current $20. value to $26.25 you will have reached your 5% goal and you can now turn that over for another investment. Repeat cycle, when you have done this enough that you can pull out your original investment and still have funds to trade with, now your playing with there money not yours. I know the urge is to put more in knowing the returns will be bigger, but it also means the losses are also. Just don't get ahead of yourself and you should be fine.

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

Thanks Marty I promise I will go slow! xxx

MartyM

MartyM

:tup:     muah

NanneeRose

NanneeRose
Admin
Admin

back atcha!! xoxoxox

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum