So-called visitation dreams or dreams in which we meet with our deceased friends or relatives can make us particularly nervous.Whenever visitation dreams occur, we will notice that the appearance of our deceased loved ones in our dream is not accidental. The encounter with a deceased relative has a precise meaning. It can be a warning, a news or a very important information for the person who dreams.
If we have a seriously ill person in the family and a deceased relative speaks to us, the received message needs to be carefully considered as the spirit of a deceased person comes to convey a message. Often, business people who are in financial trouble receive a warning or a solution from their dead relatives or friends. Also, those who have gone out into the eternity may appear in the dream of the people they have loved in earthly life to help them escape tribulation.
Possible InterpretationsDream interpretation from a religious perspective may stir you up. It suggests that the appearance of a deceased person in the dream means that s/he has not yet found peace. Moreover, religious books encourage additional rituals to satisfy the deceased’s desire.
From a psychological point of view, to dream of a deceased person can signify the end of one stage of your life. It can be “dead” feelings and interpersonal relationships that have been lost.
However, if the person you are dreaming of has recently died, you do not have to worry. It means that you still suffer, which is perfectly normal. You may feel unmotivated, and you may feel as though you are not able to advance in life, no matter how hard you strive. So the deceased person in the dream can be part of you that you wish to leave behind.
Depending on the circumstances in which the deceased person appears in the dream, there are two further interpretations:
1) If the person participates in the action as if nothing had happened, but without having a leading role, then the dream is related to a latent sense of longing for the person, without causing you disturbing or intense feelings.
2) If the deceased person tries to advise you on something, it means that in real life, you need guidance, protection, and comfort. You may feel lonely and this is reflected in what you dream about. Such a dream, in which a spirit shows you the way, can be very refreshing in difficult times.
8 Signs of Visitation DreamsYet, it does not mean that dreaming of a person who has occupied an important place in your life is always an attempt of reconnection or a direct message from them. This is why there are a few characteristics of the visitation dreams.
1. It Feels RealPerhaps the most distinguishable characteristic of a visitation dream is that it feels vivid and real.
2. A Sensation of ComfortWhen a loved person appears in our dream, you will wake up relaxed, reassured and peaceful. If the dream makes you feel uncomfortable , worried or scared, then it is unlikely that you have been visited by good spirits.
3. ClarityThe dream is not confusing. Whether the person communicates with you through words or actions, the message is clear. Symbolistic dreams that will leave you guessing are not visitation dreams.
4. Positive BehaviourThe person who visits our dreams is healthy, positive, calm and never sad, sick or injured. Furthermore, their behavior or message will not cause you distress.
5. The Deceased Person Appears YoungerAlthough this may not be a common characteristic, you may notice that the person visiting you appears younger than they looked when they passed away. This may mean that they felt at their best at a particular age.
6. Physical ExperienceSince the dream feels real, every contact with the person will intensify the experience. For example, if you held hands, it is most likely that the feeling will be intense.
7. Sequences of the DreamThe action of the dream will not be made of pieces that you will have to connect in order to make sense of the spiritual message . The sequence of the events or words flow and follow an order.
8. Easy to RememberSince the action, the message and the overall experience feel real, it will be easier for you to remember and describe every aspect and sensation you experienced even in few years time.
The appearance of a deceased loved person in our dreams is a sign of love; that they are by our side, watching over us. You will certainly feel reassured and comfortable after they visit, even if it is for a brief moment.
If the dream makes you feel uncertain about the message or you experience fear, you could seek spiritual guidance from a priest or medium (depending on your beliefs) and find out how you can keep negative vibrational energy at a distance.
Thanks to: https://www.learning-mind.com