Alternative

Latest topics
» Massive M8.0 Earthquake Strikes Peru
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 10:57 am by PurpleSkyz

» Witnesses To The Car Crash Say Princess Diana’s Death Was NO Accident
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 7:54 am by bs4ever

» Mount Agung volcano Indonesia spews lava and showers of rocks over a distance of about 3 km (2 miles)
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 4:08 am by PurpleSkyz

» Stanton Friedman 2013 UFO Lifetime Achievement Award
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 3:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists Are Baffled Why This Group Of Bees Built A Spiral Nest
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 3:08 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ Angelic UFO Leaving Our Sun plus MORE
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 2:27 am by PurpleSkyz

» Deepfake AI can bring still images to life
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 12:40 am by PurpleSkyz

» The PARANORMAL roots of the Pentagon’s UFO Program
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 12:30 am by PurpleSkyz

» GIGANTIC strange object appears next to the moon in Aceh in Indonesia
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyToday at 12:21 am by PurpleSkyz

» POOFness for MAY 24: CHILDREN IN NEED - HEY IT WORKED FOR THE TAILFEATHERS GIRL!! by ZAP SCAMKOWSKI
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 7:20 pm by PurpleSkyz

» PENTAGON ADMITS TO STUDYING UFOS. WHAT IT MEANS. PART TWO. Richard Dolan, The Big Picture.
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 5:14 pm by PurpleSkyz

» United we stand, Divided we fall - Gabor Zolna
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 5:12 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Woman Who Hates Selfies, Decides To Take Pictures Of Herself “Lying Dead” All Around The World
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 3:15 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Colorado Becomes First State to Cap the Staggering Price of Insulin
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 3:10 pm by PurpleSkyz

» This hardly EVER happens here - Tornado Warning in Shasta Co.
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Struggle - Gigi Young
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 3:04 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mystery of global 'seismic hum' finally solved
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 2:08 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Storm Hannah unearths petrified prehistoric forest after thousands of years buried on a Welsh beach
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 2:06 pm by PurpleSkyz

» More Pyramids Than Egypt, How Many are Still Waiting for Discovery?
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 2:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» #QTard Drama Theater - Drones and Groans plus more
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 1:57 pm by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ Ginormous Planets-:-Nibiru/Nemesis System Eclipsing Sun plus MORE
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by PurpleSkyz

» A String Of 60 Glowing Objects Recorded By Space X Stirs The Imagination
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS EmptyYesterday at 1:04 pm by PurpleSkyz

CLICK THE SUBSCRIBE BUTTON BELOW
TO RECEIVE OUR DAILY NEWSLETTER

A 2ND EMAIL COMPLETES THE ACTIVATION PROCESS

CLICK THE PURPLE BUTTON TO VIEW OUR LATEST POSTS

VISIT CannaBananaDaze
MEDICAL CBD OIL INFO
PLUS MORE

www.cannabananadaze.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » DISCLOSURE » UFO INFO, ISS, MUFON, NASA, SETI, SPACE X PLUS MORE » ‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS

‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS

By
zIKY
-
June 29, 2018

‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS Mfjfyuggev-696x391
© Airbus
An experimental robotic ‘head’ called CIMON (Crew Interactive MObile CompanioN) has been sent to the International Space Station (ISS). The machine is designed to assist the crew and create a “feeling of talking to a crew mate.”
The ball-like bot, designed by Airbus, embarked on its journey on Friday on board a Space X Falcon 9 rocket, carrying supplies to the ISS. The robot’s ‘brain’ was developed by the chip maker IBM. The Falcon 9 is scheduled to reach the station on Monday.
“CIMON is a free flyer fueled with Artificial Intelligence, enhancing human expertise,” CIMON’s description from the Airbus reads. “AI-based technology is about constantly understanding, reasoning and learning, so CIMON is designed to assist and to create a feeling of talking to a crew mate.”
Despite its positive image, CIMON sounds eerily similar to the sinister HAL 9000 bot from Stanley Kubrick’s classic – 2001: A Space Odyssey. It can also communicate verbally with the crew members, but unlike the anti-hero robot penned by Arthur C. Clarke, CIMON features a cartoonish “screen face,” which would help astronauts to “make friends” with the machine, according to developers.
“What we’re trying to do with CIMON is to increase the efficiency of the astronaut,” an engineer IBM Matthias Biniok told Reuters. “Right now our main mission is to support the astronauts with their daily tasks to save time, because time is the most valuable and most expensive thing on the ISS.”
The bot will get involved in several experiments, namely helping to grow crystals and trying to solve a Rubik’s Cube puzzle together with German astronaut Alexander Gerst.

Waggish Bot‏ @waggishbot

Today's #SpaceX payload includes Cimon the robot. Apparently, he'll float at the astronaut’s side & help. However, he won't be annoying or turn rogue or turn into a HAL! No! Robot astronaut Cimon joins space station http://time.com/5326103/spacex-robot-artificial-intelligence-space/ … #robotics #artificialintelligence
‘I’m sorry, Dave’: Talking AI companion robot CIMON heads to ISS Dg1yNneWkAArhaV
11:58 PM - 28 Jun 2018 

CIMON will also take on the role of an “intelligent” flying camera during several other experiments. One can only hope these activities will end better than the Odyssey with HAL 9000 – it’s a long way to the ISS to help open the pod bay doors.

Source: https://www.rt.com
Wake The Sheeple!

Thanks to zIKY at: http://awakeandaware.ca

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum