OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

» Study shows that glyphosate impairs learning in bumblebees: a wake-up call for insect conservation
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:36 am by PurpleSkyz

» The power of automatic writing: a gateway to unlocking your inner wisdom
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:34 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises!

Posted on December 12, 2018 by jilldennison 

On Sunday evening, around 10:00, I took a break from the post I was writing (Jolly Monday) to go roll a couple of packs of smokes. When I stepped away from the computer, my blog had around 250 views for the day, about the norm.  When I returned some 20 minutes later, I had nearly 500 views!  No way … must be a spammer, right?  But no … a bit of digging and I found the cause.  One of my former ‘good people’ had just been awarded the CNN Hero of the Year award!
Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! Hero-of-the-year-e1544587998760Remember Dr. Ricardo Pun-Chong from back in June?
In a nutshell, what Dr. Pun-Chong did was built a shelter in his home of Lima, Peru, to provide free meals, shelter and support for sick children and their families who have come from all over Peru for treatment at the various hospitals in Lima.  As part of his award, Dr. Pun-Chong will receive $100,000 which he says he will use to build an additional shelter.  Watch …

https://youtu.be/JuE3v5CT9-s

I am so thrilled to see Dr. Pun-Chong receive this well-deserved award!

And now, how about a few of those everyday good people doing good things on a slightly smaller scale than Dr. Pun-Chong …

Kevin Booth is a homeless man in Sumner, Washington.  One day last week, Kevin went to the Sumner foodbank in search of bread that is often left in a box outside for the homeless people in the city.  When he arrived and opened the box, he found a brown paper bag.  The bag was filled, but not with bread … it was filled with cash!  $17,000 in cash, to be precise.Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! Kevin-boothNow, you can imagine what a find $17,000 would be to a homeless person … he could probably rent a room and eat for a couple of years with that amount of money.  But Kevin Booth didn’t walk away with the money.  He waited until the volunteer staff arrived for work a bit later and handed the bag of money over to them, saying he knew that money would benefit more people than just himself.
To thank Booth for his honestly, the food bank is giving him part of the money in gift cards as a reward.  The Sumner police department also presented Booth with a citizen’s citation.  My hat is off to this man who knows and does the right thing.

An unnamed juvenile in Roeland Park, Kansas, was caught at the local Wal-Mart trying to steal a pair of boots.  Police were called and along came Officers Suffield and Snepp.  Upon talking to the youth, the officers determined that he was a displaced juvenile within the State of Kansas Justice system and was trying to steal the boots, so he could get a job. Good People Doing Good Things — A Few Surprises! Suffield-sneppAnd so, Officer Suffield and Officer Snepp gave him a bit of encouragement, some advice to get a job, stay in school, and stay out of trouble.  And then they bought him the boots.  A small thing, sure, but it may end up being the difference between a life of crime or becoming a doctor, lawyer or even a senator … oh wait, that would be a life of crime.  It may very well have made the difference between his life or death … we’ll never know.  You never know what one small act of kindness might lead to, do you?  Thumbs up to Officers Suffield and Snepp … thank you!

And last, but not least, how about we change it up just a little, for I found something so heartwarming that I just have to share it with you.  After all, who said good people have to be ‘human’ people … they can be equine people, can’t they?  Meet Peyo …

https://youtu.be/1N8Akdbr0ew

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum