Latest topics
» POOFness for AUG 21: MIDWEEK BY JERZY FRAUDKOWSKI
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The UFO sightings that launched 'Men in Black' mythology
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 4:59 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Do thunderstorms increase paranormal activity?
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 4:50 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists to reveal 'plausible' Nessie theory
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 4:48 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The Top 10 Best UFO Sightings Near The International Space Station
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 4:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ UFO Sighting in Hythe, Alberta, Canada plus MORE
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 4:04 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Comet to be seen from Earth/48 Hours Away. Naked Eye.
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 9:14 am by PurpleSkyz

» Crazy Mars Photos You Won't Believe!!! (Secrets Of Mars)
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 9:11 am by PurpleSkyz

» This Futuristic Car Is Powered By Hydrogen And Only Lets Out Water
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 9:05 am by PurpleSkyz

» Mystery surrounds Himalayan 'skeleton lake'
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 8:56 am by PurpleSkyz

» Now You Can Take A Virtual Tour Inside Queen Nefertari's Incredible 3,000-Year-Old Tomb
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 8:52 am by PurpleSkyz

» How WHOLE Turmeric Heals The Damaged Brain
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 8:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» JAMES PATTERSON: Epstein, The Pedophile Next Door plus MORE
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 8:42 am by PurpleSkyz

» Ev Cochrane: Mars the Warrior-Hero | Space News
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 2:19 am by PurpleSkyz

» Erica Lukes on Skinwalker & Hessdalen Lights - The Black Vault Radio w/ John Greenewald, Jr.
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 2:14 am by PurpleSkyz

» New ‘Matrix’ Film Set With Keanu Reeves And Lana Wachowski
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 2:09 am by PurpleSkyz

» Missing 411 – Cases of Strange Disappearances
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 2:05 am by PurpleSkyz

» Prince Andrew - The Walls Are Closing In - David Icke
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 1:58 am by PurpleSkyz

» NIBIRU News ~ Second Sun Binary STAR plus MORE
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 1:57 am by PurpleSkyz

» Crop Circles 2019 - Etchilhampton Hill, Devizes
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away EmptyToday at 1:52 am by PurpleSkyz

PLEASE VISIT
CannaBananaDaze
CBD/THC OIL INFO
www.cannabananadaze.com

MEDICAL & REC
GROWING TIPS & MORE
CURE YOURSELF!

ONLY NATURES MAGIC
Featuring Homemade Herbal Salves Made in the Ozarks
https://onlynaturesmagic.com

Holistic Alternative
Health Care
by Bridgette Lyn Dolgoff

Health , Nutrition, Energy Medicine, Structural Medicine
For People, Animals, Communities, Environments, Personal and Business
www.https://coe-llc.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » MEMBER ADVERTISING & BLOG FORUMS » RENEGADE » What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away

What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ReneGade

ReneGade
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away Luck

What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away.

The following is a true story.

I'm a licensed hamradio operator and a number of years ago I needed some antenna poles. The usual price was about $85 per dozen, so I got all excited when I came across an ebay listing in which the US seller offered them for $9.99 a dozen, rather than EACH pole.
I immediately bought them and asked him to ship them to my address in Canada.
Then I bragged to all my ham friends about the good deal I found.
.....what you admire goes away.

When I looked at the tracking a week later, I noticed that they had been delivered to an address in Florida. Well, I instantly contacted the seller and made him aware of the mistake. Reluctantly he promised to ship me a new set of antenna poles, he mentioned that there was an error in the listing. He seemed quite unhappy with me.
Again, I admired and told my friends how well I had handled this disaster.
Again, soliciting THEIR admiration.

The seller gave me a FedEx tracking number and when I followed the tracking, I noticed that they were delivered to a Canadian post office about 300 miles from where I live.
So I phoned this post office, but they already had returned it to the sender, since my name was unknown to them. NOTE: A one digit error in the ZIP or Postal code had caused this, which may have been ebay's fault.

Next I phoned FedEx and tried to stop them from returning it to the sender, especially since I expected this seller now to be even more annoyed with the whole situation.
The FedEx lady was very nice and helpful and she promised to locate my antenna poles. She phoned me a few hours later and told me that "it was in the system and could not be stopped", she made the suggestion to contact the shipper and ask him to resend them ! By this time I didn't think that this was a good idea.

Then I remembered:
What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away.
And In  order to have, one must be willing NOT to have.
Then I consciously decided, I didn't have them before, I don't have them now, so nothing changed.

At that exact moments I bursted out laughing and realized how ridiculous this all was, hours of work to salvage a set of poles....
Another error I had made was, I had violated the golden rule: NEVER admire and share your intentions with others, keep one's own counsel. 

What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away Counsel

And here I was, gloating about my "good luck". So I changed my attitude and admired how well I had screwed up this simple transaction.

And then the impossible happened. The very next day my local post office phoned and said: Could you PLEASE pick up these long poles, we keep tripping over them, they're in our way.
And this is how I still got my antenna poles.

Although all of this was unintentional, I do like to play with this when I am in a gamely mood.

What you resist persist, but what you admire goes away Having

USE YOUR DISCERNMENT; This post contains my personal opinion and it is totally acceptable that you see things differently. Please feel free to disagree with me !
It is not up to me to change YOUR mind ! 

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum