Sunday, January 20th, 2013. Filed under: Activism Big Corp GMO food Health
[The post below covers a few of the fake popular brands to
boycott, but the list is really much bigger as evidenced in the chart
above. Your best bet is to avoid any form of processed food and eat as
raw and organic as possible. As Jefferson so aptly said, "Eternal
vigilance is the price of liberty." You can apply that across the board.
(NaturalNews) Pepsi and Coke both sell “natural” food smoothies and
other products under the brands Naked and Odwalla, respectively. Both of
these so called health food brands have been around for some time now,
yet most people are completely in the dark about the corporations behind
Pepsi and Coke only pretend to support healthy food choices. Both of
the industry giants donated millions to defeat proposition 37, the GMO
labeling act. And lets not forget, these are the owners of the two
biggest soft drinks partially responsible for our country’s all time
high rates of obesity, diabetes and heart disease. Unfortunately most
consumers are tricked into thinking they are doing something good for
their health when they drink a Naked or Odwalla juice.
Let’s look at the facts:
- In its early days, Odwalla was a small company owned by a few
individuals that made real, raw food juices. Since its acquisition by
Coca Cola in 2001, almost everything has changed.
- Naked juice was sued for knowingly using GMOs in its juice, when it advertised as “all natural” and “Non-GMO.”
- Neither of these food drinks use organic produce, which means you’re ingesting pesticides.
- Naked juice was found to contain fructooligosaccharides, fibersol-2 and inulin; three synthetic ingredients.
- Both Naked and Odwalla juices are pasteurized, meaning most of the
nutrients in them have already been destroyed before they ever reach
- Both products feature the words All Natural which means exactly nothing, as they can contain pesticides, artificial ingredients, GMOs and are pasteurized.
- For less than the cost of these over priced faux health drinks you
can buy organic produce and make your own organic, GMO-free juice that contains many times more more nutrients.
Both Pepsi and Coca Cola sell a few other “healthy” brands. They are:
- Tostito’s Organic (Pepsi)
- Tropicana Organic (Pepspi)
- Honest Tea (Coca Cola)
By boycotting these brands it will allow you to support real organic brands such as:
- Amy’s Kitchen
- Late July
- Nature’s Path
Remember, if the product you’re buying doesn’t specify Non-GMO and/or
organic, it most likely is not. The best option, as always, is to buy
from your local farmers. Although these whole foods are not usually USDA
certified organic, they are the true organics.
The lesson here is that you must question everything that you put
into your body. Corporations only see the bottom line and are not
looking out for your health, but rather trying to take advantage of your
trust. You must investigate all so called health foods because many of
them turn out be nothing more than a scam.
Sources for this article include:
About the author:
John Mckiernan is a health and fitness writer. He is the owner of Supplement Helper where he writes supplement reviews and more. He also manages CNA Info , for those interested in becoming nurse aids and MyGlutenFreeQuest ,
a great resource for individuals struggling with celiac disease or
gluten intolerance, or those who are just interested in getting healthy
by going gluten free.