OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
 Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shakes4life2

This is truly SAD for all involved and WHEN WILL AMERICA WAKE UP?????

Afghanistan Shooting: Who is to blame?

UPDATE: 3-12-12 9:30PM PST

Reuters is reporting that according to a U.S. official, the soldier accused of the shootings suffered from Traumatic Brain Injury. At the same time Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said the death penalty could be sought in the U.S. military justice system against the soldier, whose name has not been publicly disclosed.

--end--

President Obama said on Monday, “No need to rush for the exits” in the wake of the shooting incidence last weekend that left 16 dead, nine of whom where children.

Afghanistan is the United States’ longest war in history going on eleven years. Even if we left today that could not be termed as a rush to exodus. Still, incidents like last weekend, the burning of the Quran last month, and pictures of American soldiers urinating on Afghan corpses open the door to conversations of how and when will the U.S. leave Afghanistan, and the questions are valid. Some are bold enough to ask, “Why are we still there at all?”

The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan strained the U.S. military to supply enough troops to both countries for approximately eight years, while still maintaining adequate defenses at home and in other countries. This resulted in many of the military personnel serving multiple tours of duty. The man accused of the mass shootings served three tours of duty in Iraq, and this was his first tour in Afghanistan.

What impact does serving two, three, or even four tours of duty in a war zone have on an individual? The psychological scars can be invisible to everyone, even the person who is afflicted.

According to a 2008 RAND Study, 20 percent of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder of some form of depression. In addition, neurological damage called Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) is now the signature wound of the Iraq War. The RAND study found that 19 percent of troops surveyed report TBI during deployment. These injuries are more subtle and harder to identify. It is estimated that tens of thousands of troops are suffering from either two or three psychological conditions as a result of being in a war zone.

The RAND study concluded that of the 1.7 million veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan (or now in both wars) about half a million are suffering from PTSD, depression, TBI or any combination of these. The ramifications if left untreated are family problems, drug and alcohol abuse, and suicide. Later on other problems occur like unemployment and homelessness become prevalent. The costs of the psychological and neurological injuries by veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan are estimated at between 4-6 billion dollars in just the two years following active combat.

The Pentagon reaction to the incident last weekend was no change in Afghanistan strategy. Pentagon spokesman George Little called the shooting incident "deplorable," but said such incidents are isolated. He said the United States will pursue what he called "accountability actions" to the fullest extent, but stressed continuity in the Afghan war effort.

"The reality is that our fundamental strategy is not changing. There has been a series of troubling incidents recently, but no one should think that we are steering away from our partnership with the Afghan people, from our partnership with the Afghan national security forces, and from our commitment to prosecute the war effort," Little said.

The shooting rampage came as a Washington Post-ABC News public opinion survey found that 55 percent of Americans say they believe most Afghans oppose U.S. objectives there, with 54 percent favoring a U.S. withdrawal, even before Afghan forces are self-sufficient.

Why is the United States pursuing a war the majority Americans do not want, and the relations between Afghanistan’s government and ours continues to be fragile and deteriorating with each incident involving U.S. military.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11700033-afghanistan-shooting-who-is-to-blame

shakes4life2

Whose fault is it a Tacoma soldier killed 16 in Afghanistan? Don't blame Ron Paul!

Ron Paul 2012
Washington

The soldier who went on a shooting rampage in Afghanistan leaving 16 dead Sunday is from a Tacoma area base called joint base Lewis-McChord, and as a resident in the area I am mortified, stunned and beside myself seething with anger. When will the government of the United States wake up?

I am personally so angry about this that hot tears are forming in my eyes as I type. Why am I angry? I am angry at the United States government who is continuing these wars that have no purpose. I am angry at President Barack Obama for not keeping his campaign promise to bring the troops home.

I am not angry at this soldier, I am angry at the president, the government -- whoever is responsible for starting this war and for keeping this war going, for calling out another unconstitutional war.

I feel so very sad and broken for the staff sergeant who lost it, his wife and two kids and the Afghan families and people trying to pick up the pieces from this horrific event. Do you know what it is like to live in an area with a huge military base? It is devastating!

News story after news article is about another soldier who had been deployed six times and ended his life. Another soldier who lost it and killed his son, wife and himself...Read more:

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/11699368-whose-fault-is-it-a-tacoma-soldier-killed-16-in-afghanistan

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

I think it is the fault of the US gov and all that are war mongers.

The men and women that "serve" are being used in a criminal way. Then when injured they have to prove they need help. Disgusting!!!

I know of a man right now, body riddled with cancer from Agent Orange dumped on them in Viet Nam. This man actually enlisted for that duty. Do you know that the VA is insisting that he show visual proof that he was in Nam because his records burned in a fire at some govern-mental (pun intended!)facility. Photographic proof???????? Like he had a camera with him like some sightseer! WTF????????

gmaHunniBee

gmaHunniBee
Admin
Admin

Sad and sickening...:( Ready for the darkness to END.

:flower: ❤ gmaHunniBee ❤ :flower:
Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum