OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women
Feb 17
Posted by Wes Annac
Love In Action: Homeless Man Wins Lottery, Starts Foundation for Addicts and Abused Women Laszlo-Andraschek-300x180László Andraschek, a homeless Hungarian man who won the country’s largest lottery prize of 630m forint. Photograph: H Baranyai Edina/BorsOnline
By Dan Nolan in Budapest, The Guardian – February 16, 2014 | Thanks to Golden Age of Gaia.
http://tinyurl.com/or28krx
László Andraschek plans to use Hungary’s biggest win of £1.7m to set up foundation for addicts and abused women
Unemployed, in debt and facing another year living on the streets in Hungary, László Andraschek spent his last remaining coins on a lottery ticket. Now the formerly homeless man has a choice of accommodation around the world after becoming one of Hungary’s biggest lottery winners, with a prize of about £1.7m.
Andraschek, whose 630m Hungarian forint win last September went unnoticed until he made a significant donation to a hostel for the homeless this month, said buying the ticket was a chance decision at a railway station on his way to Budapest for a workshop for recovering alcoholics.
“I had only picked six numbers and the female shop assistant reminded me that I needed to pick a seventh,” he said. “I told her to make it 24 – it doesn’t matter, anyway.”
But he was wrong and now plans to use his winnings to establish a foundation for addicts and women abused by their husbands.
The 55-year-old resident of Gyor, north-west Hungary, said his first act was to repay his debts, before cycling to a car dealer. “When the car salesman asked me how much I would be willing to spend, I held up three fingers. As I had arrived on a bike he assumed this meant 300,000 forints, but actually I meant 3m.”
As neither he nor his wife can drive, the car will be driven only by his children.
Andraschek has since bought flats for each of his three children, paid off the debts of his relatives and is planning to travel to Italy, having not previously held a passport.
He and his wife, Anikó, said they will invest their money cautiously and avoid the ruinous spending splurges of many a lottery winner. “I have become rich but I have not become a different person. I could buy a large-screen TV because I can afford it, but I won’t buy three because I can afford it.”
Having struggled with alcoholism, Andraschek finally quit five years ago and says he “now has no need to return”.
The news of Andraschek’s dramatic upturn in fortunes came as human rights activists organised a wave of protests worldwide against a new Hungarian law that bans sleeping rough, in a country that has 30,000 homeless people. Last week alone, demonstrations were held in front of Hungarian embassies and consulates in London, Paris, New York, Vienna, Lisbon, Dublin, Brussels, Essen and Istanbul. Next weekend a Hungarian NGO run by homeless people, A Város Mindenkié (The City is for All), will stage another protest in Budapest against the law, which threatens those living on the streets with a fine or imprisonment.

Thanks to: http://aquariusparadigm.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum