If you think that Monsanto is going to fall easily, think again. Monsanto is the single most corrupt corporate criminal operating in the U.S. and across the globe and the problem is they’ve been that way for a long time. They know how to fight back, buying off our elected officials and fabricating false stories in the mainstream media.
Case in point, last week in England, the UK Daily Mail revealed a secret plot between biotech industry lobbyists and government officials to promote GMOs in the U.K. to win over a skeptical public as well as working to “relax regulations” on GMO crops.
Reams of secret emails and official documents were obtained by public watchdog group GeneWatch reveal a nasty plan to come up with a "blacklist" of critics who had written “negative towards biotech in the past”.
These details are outrageous and this is exactly how Monsanto has operated for the past several decades and we need your help to make it stop!
We're hitting the streets this Friday in at least 8 cities across the country to tell Wall Street and Fidelity Investments that it's time to divest from Monsanto's toxic legacy!
Join us to turn up the heat on Monsanto, we need to put an end to their culture of corruption and stop their toxic profits from poisoning the planet!
It's time to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
This Friday, May 9th we’re having flash mob protests in select cities across the U.S. at Fidelity Investment offices to let them know that we’re serious about dumping Monsanto’s toxic assets.
Fidelity alone owns more than $3.2 billion in Monsanto stock. In total, Fidelity manages more than $4.6 trillion in assets and more than 20 million customers in the U.S. – Are you one of them?
Take the Monsanto Stock Plunge - National Day of Action – Join the campaign to Divest Monsanto Now!
Let’s turn up the heat on Monsanto! On May 9, 2014 at 3 pm EST – 12 pm, PST we're taking it to the streets to tell Wall Street its time to sell Monsanto's stock.
You support GMO labeling, eat organic food and avoid GMOs, now it’s time to Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is!
Join us on May 9th to Take the Monsanto Stock Plunge global! Launch an event in your town or city and join our partners Natural News, Organic Consumers Association, Cornucopia, Green America, GMO Inside, Millions Against Monsanto, Babes Against Biotech, Food Babe, Hawaii GMO Justice Coalition, Institute for Responsible Technology, GMO Free USA and March Against Monsanto.
Find or create your own Divest Monsanto Now! action here:
1. National Day of Action Page:
2. Boston Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1267?t=13&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, 245 Summer St, Boston, MA 02210-1116
3. New York City Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1268?t=15&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, Fidelity Investments, 350 Park Ave, NY, NY 10022
4. Philadelphia Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1269?t=17&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Philadelphia Stock Exchange 1900 Market St Lbby I, Philadelphia, PA 19103
5. Washington DC Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1270?t=20&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, 1900 K St NW, Washington, DC 20006
6. Chicago Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1271?t=22&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, 401 N Michigan Ave #100, Chicago, IL
7. San Francisco Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1272?t=24&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, 8 Montgomery St. San Fran, CA 94104
8. Los Angeles Invite http://action.fooddemocracynow.org/go/1273?t=26&akid=1223.1006050.yKvf8x
Fidelity Investments, 1200 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403
How You Can Boycott Monsanto for Life and Help Defund Their Toxic Agenda:
We understand that not everyone is invested in mutual funds or has a retirement fund, but we all have friends or family who do. And if you want to change our food supply, it’s important to remember – Friends don’t let friends invest in Monsanto!
Join Food Democracy Now!’s Facebook page and the Divest Monsanto Now! Facebook page to keep up on the divestment campaign!
If your company has a 401K plan or pension fund, call your advisor and tell them you want to only invest in funds without Monsanto, chemical or junk food companies.
Remember, democracy is like a muscle, either you use it or you lose it!
Thanks for participating in food democracy,
Dave, Lisa and the Food Democracy Now! team
1. “Secret emails reveal how ministers plotted with the GM lobbyists: Documents show how two worked together on campaign to win over skeptical consumers” U.K. Daily Mail, May 5, 2014
2. “The UK Government and the GM industry: colluding to promote GM crops and foods, undermine consumer choice and ignore environmental harm”, GeneWatch, May 2014