May 16, 2014
UFO Cover-up in NY Times: Former CIA Director ‘Soberly Concerned’ About UFOs Thanks to PEERS/Want to Know.comIf you think UFOs, flying saucers and little green men are a bunch of bunk and swamp gas, you may want to read this old evidence of a very real administrative conundrum from decades ago.It would be in the best interests of everyone on Starship Earth to acknowledge the presence of the Star Nations and understand that they have been engaging our civilization for thousands of years, and still are. The only thing standing between them, us and First Contact is the rogue US federal government—but not for long! ~ BP
This astounding 1960 article on a former CIA director being “soberly concerned” about UFOs is available in the New York Times
archives. Click here to confirm. We provide a copy of the article below. Bold typeface has been added to aid in finding the quote from former CIA Director Hillenkoetter demanding that the truth be brought out about UFOs.
To see other key witness statements on the UFO cover-up by astronauts, military officers, and other top leaders, click here.
Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter was the first director of the CIA when it was originally created in 1947, serving as its director until 1950. The revealing New York Times article below interestingly was buried on page 30 of the Sunday edition that winter day over 50 years ago. You can easily verify this by going to the New York Times archives webpage for the article at this link. Immediately under the title, you will see descriptors for the article: “February 28, 1960, Sunday, Page 30, 418 words.”
Pamphlet by the Inspector General Called Objects a ‘Serious Business’
AIR FORCE ORDER
ON ‘SAUCERS’ CITED
Committee Reveals Document
WASHINGTON, Feb. 27 (UPI)—The Air Force has sent its commands a warning to treat sightings of unidentified flying objects as “serious business” directly related to the nation’s defense, it was learned today.
An Air Force spokesman confirmed issuance of the directive after portions of it were made public by a private “flying saucer” group.
The new regulations were issued by the Air Force inspector general Dec. 24.
The regulations, revising similar ones issued in the past, outlined procedures and said that “investigations and analysis of UFO’s are directly related to the Air Force’s responsibility for the defense of the United States.”
Existence of the document was revealed by the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena.
The privately financed committee accused the Air Force of deception in publicly describing reports of unidentified flying objects as delusions and hoaxes while sending the private admonition to its commands.
Vice Admiral R. H. Hillenkoetter (Ret.), a committee board member and former director of the Central Intelligence Agency, said in a statement that a copy of the inspector general’s warning had been sent to the Senate Science and Astronautics Committee.
“It is time for the truth to be brought out in open Congressional hearings,” he said.”
The Air Force confirmed that the document had been issued. A spokesman said it was put out by Maj. Gen. Richard E. O’Keefe, acting inspector general at the time, to call attention to revised Air Force regulations concerning unidentified flying objects.
The statement was included in an “operations and training” pamphlet circulated at intervals to bring commands up to date.
Pentagon aides said the new regulations covering seven printed pages, made no substantive change in policy but had been rewritten as a matter of course.
The Air Force has investigated 6,132 reports of flying objects since 1947, including 183 in the last six months of 1959. The latest Air Force statement, issued a month ago said, “no physical or material evidence, not even a minute fragment of a so-called flying saucer, has ever been found.”
Admiral Hillenkoetter said that “behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFO’s.”
“But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense,” the retired admiral said. He charged that “to hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel” through the issuance of a regulation.
Note: if you click on this link to purchase this article from the New York Times, you will see that their database has misspelled the article title to read “Air Forge” rather than “Air Force.” The New York Times is generally meticulous about editing and correcting errors. This error has now stood at least since 2003 when we first searched and could not find the article because of this misspelling. Could this be intentional to make it difficult for people to find the article when searching their database? For an abundance of other reliable, verifiable information on the UFO cover-up, see below.
What you can do:Source
- Inform your media and political representatives of this important information on Roscoe Hillenkoetter and the UFO cover-up. To contact those close to you, click here.
- For an excellent UFO Information Center filled with reliable resources and recommendations on UFO videos, essays, declassified documents, news articles, and more, click here.
- For a powerful collection of major media articles revealing a major cover-up of UFOs, including fascinating interviews with military and government witnesses, click here.
- For an inspiring and informative online lesson on UFOs in the free, heart and mind expanding Insight Course, click here.
- Spread this news on CIA Director Roscoe Hillenkoetter with your friends and colleagues, and bookmark this article on key news websites using the “Share This” icon on this page, so that we can fill the role at which the major media is sadly failing. Together, we can make a difference.
- We need your support. Please help our work to grow and thrive by donating at this link.
Thanks to: http://2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com