1. Eat whole foods. Do not eat or keep to a minimum processed foods.
2. Remove food allergens from your diet. (you will most likely need to be tested if you can. I was tested and it identified 32 foods I was sensitive to.)
3. Make sure your gut is working properly (get appropriate diagnostic tests i.e. celiac panel, metabolic, bacterial and fungal/yeast overgrowth, parasites, etc.)
4. Balance hormones (insulin resistance, hypothalamic-pititary-adrenal (HPA), axis dysfunction and subclinical adrenal insuffiency, thyroid dysfunction and sex hormone dysfunction)
5 Support energy metabolism (mitochondial dysfucntion has led to epidemics of obesity, diabetes, fatigue, etc.)
6 Enhance detoxification (we are living in a toxic world. Become skillful in strategies for upregulating endogenous phase 1 and 2 detoxification enzymes thru phytonutrients, amino acids, vitamins, minerals etc.
7. Look for hidden Infections. If a person is resistant to treatment or has ane levated high sensitivity C reactive protein, testing for hidden infections often identifies unsuspected triggers: viruses, bacteria, tick born illness (Lyme disease, etc, and dental infections (root canals) If no infection is found, consider mold in the home or workplace.