Healing, Inspirational, Spirituality, Thoughts
8 Tips for Empaths and Highly Sensitive People
April 5, 2015 Lexie 0 Comments
We are all empathic and have varying levels of sensitivity. These tips can help you refocus and center yourself when you’re feeling overwhelmed. There is a lot of stimulation in our world, it’s easy to get caught up in the energetic web of life.
1. Create a safe space.
This can look like going to your room or a comfortable safe place that you can relax in. It can be alone or with whoever makes you feel good. Take a moment for yourself to relax and reflect upon the day.
Simply observe, do not act; just breath and absorb the energies of your environment.
2. Eat well.Our food effects our mental state immensely. If you’re feeling sensitive, on edge or weak at all – take a moment to make some food.
The more raw, green and real the food is, the more it will positively effect you. See how your eating habits directly connect to your mental and emotional body.
3. Positive Affirmations.This can look like anything – even just good job, keep going, well done. Tell yourself something nice that you’d want someone to tell you. It can be for the entire day or for the task you are doing in the moment. Keep yourself feeling good; you deserve it!
4. Don’t internalize things.When someone says something that bothers or upsets you; let them know in the moment! Don’t let something fester inside you; it never turns out nicely. Find a way to tell that person who upset you that they did and that communication will uplift you.
5. Get some crystals!These stones each hold a different energy that can help you immensely. Some crystals are good for grounding and making you feel relaxed.
Others hold a higher vibration which can help with excitement and inspiration. Find the stone that resonates with you the most; you’ll know when it happens.
6. Use Essential oils.These aroma therapy tools are amazing. They are relaxing, rejuvenating and energetically clearing. Smells like spearmint, bergamot, lavender and tea tree oil help clear your sinuses.
7. Do Meditation and Yoga.
These are powerful tools of transformation if you allow them to be. They can help ground you, clear your mind and stretch out your muscles.
By the end of a session, you feel totally fresh and energetically cleared!
Incense is a great way to calm your energy. Sage clears the space energetically and brings a new feel to the room.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a moment to smudge yourself!
Thanks to: http://thespiritscience.net/