7 Ways Lucid Dreaming Can Completely Transform Your Life
November 14, 2015 Spirit Science
The allure of lucid dreaming is several fold. Who hasn’t wished that they could be in charge of their own fantasy land? When you lucid dream, this is essentially the case. However lucid dreaming is also an examination of a heightened state of awareness that is sensual and uniquely human.
The lucid dreaming state does provide benefits to us that we may not realize until we become adept at the process. We believe that these benefits can advance not only your soul, but the human race in general. Here are seven improvements that we can see when we master the art of lucid dreaming.
1. Freedom Without Limitations.The idea of escaping from reality and entering a world of unbridled freedom is, of course, the first thing that draws people to the concept of lucid dreaming.
Whether it’s to fly, meet with a lost loved one, or enact insane moves from your favorite Kung Fu movie, the draw of freedom that brings people to lucid dreaming is a valid one.
After all, everyone has unfulfilled fantasies and controlling your dreams is a great way to feel like they are attainable.
Most people that end up being able to lucid dream never get past this stage. However, there is so much potential to be reached past this novelty phase.
2. We Gain The Ability To Question The Nature Of Reality.What is reality? This is a question that’s been asked by philosophers throughout written history.
Some philosophies hypothesize that what we perceive as reality is actually created by our own consciousness. This is tied in with lucid dreaming, where that ‘world’ literally is created by our consciousness.
It is somewhat of a controversial claim to say that what we can perceive in the physical world is the only thing that is real. There are many important aspects of reality that we are only beginning to imagine, and our dream-states are a good place to start.
We can ask questions like: “Why are we able to disobey fundamental physical laws in our dreams? Are dreams reality, or not? How can we use lucid dreams to shed light on our own consciousness?
At this point, we can only theorize. However, our lucid dreams can be used as comparative experiences to our ‘real’ lives.
3. Dreaming Is A Way To Practice The Potential Of Our Physical Bodies.The lucid dream is a natural form of virtual reality. In this state, we can practice whatever we like without experiencing the limits that our bodies normally impose upon us.
Research has shown that we can improve our muscle memory by practicing within the dream sequence. This suggests that perhaps by practicing the piano, for example, in a lucid dream, you would be a better piano player upon waking.
In the book Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming by Dr Stephen LaBerge and Howard Rheingold, a lucid dreaming surgeon explains how he would review his surgical cases for the next day before falling asleep. Then he would practice the procedures in a lucid dream state. This surgeon credited his professional success, in part, to lucid dreaming.
Perhaps you are not a piano maestro or esteemed surgeon, but you do have important practices in your own life that you would like to improve. Practicing these skills in your dreams can have an impact on your success in the physical world.
4. Lucid Dreaming Allows Us To Harness The Brain’s Full Potential.When we take a step back and survey our world, we can ask ourselves some questions. We’ve explored whether or not the world we perceive is really ‘real.’
We can also ask ourselves why it is perceived in such vivid detail, if there are any details that our brains are missing, and what it takes for our brains to process such vast amounts of information.
When we allow ourselves to become conscious in the dream state, we are all of a sudden thrust into a world that seems real, but it is actually the stuff of your own imagination.
What’s truly mind-blowing is that your brain is very much alive and processing all sorts of information, but your body is asleep and taking in almost zero external stimuli. In this state, your mind produces a very vivid world with very real-seeming (or unreal) things and people in it.
When we lucid dream, we are allowing ourselves to explore the very depths of our consciousness safely and naturally. For the rest of our lives, we will never regard the ‘real’ world in the same way again.
5. We Can Communicate With Our Unconscious Minds.Powerful entities in the dream world are often our subconscious trying to send a message upward.
Sometimes in our dreams, when we haven’t quite reached a lucid state, we can get into fights or have otherwise ‘bad dreams.’ By realizing that you are dreaming, and confronting that negativity, at times it becomes obvious that the entity is actually your subconscious mind trying to hash things out with you.
We will often do things in life and make decisions that are at odds with our unconscious sensibilities. In our dreams, the subconscious will often times use this platform to get a message across. The dream state is classically the time that the subconscious mind is ‘on top,’ and ruler of that world.
By lucid dreaming, we can have a rational discussion with our subconscious. We can explain away some of the decisions we’ve made, and some of the thought processes that have been going around in our consciousness. What’s more, we can gain a lot of insight as to how we are really feeling in life.
6. Experience a Natural ‘High.’There nothing like the rush of energy and excitement you get when you realize that you are in lucid dreaming land, and anything is possible. The feeling of a particularly delightful lucid dream will often stay with you throughout your waking day. There’s no drug that can hold a candle to that.
Whether you are just beginning to learn how to lucid dream, or have years of experience, you will take away a feeling of euphoria from these experiences. Some of the memories and insights from these dreams will stay with you for the rest of your life.
7. Lucid Dreaming Can Help The Human Race To Its Potential.Think about how the fields of science, technology, culture, art and philosophy would be affected if every human on the planet was invested in their own lucid dreams.
There would be a lot more great people in those fields producing unheard of innovation if they allowed themselves the insight that conscious dreaming could bring them.
If all of us accessed our lucid dreaming power and used them productively, our relationships, hobbies, and careers would benefit from this power we all carry within us. We can imagine the kind of enrichment the human race would experience, as individuals, and as a whole.
This seems to be a goal worth working toward.
Thanks to: http://thespiritscience.net