(CNN)A natural gas leak may have caused a massive explosion early Wednesday in Seattle's Greenwood neighborhood -- obliterating at least one building, damaging many others and sending nine firefighters to the hospital.
One battalion chief and eight firefighters were transported to Harborview Medical Center after the incident, said Seattle fire spokeswoman Corey Orvold. These eight men and one woman all had been released as of 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), according to the hospital. Their injuries ranged from cuts to abrasions.
While they being treated, their colleagues -- at least 67 personnel including firefighters, commanders and medics -- remained in a commercial part of Greenwood to douse lingering flames and smoke.
The fire was officially extinguished as of around 10:30 a.m., according to the Seattle Fire Department, leaving a lot of charred rubble behind.