OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Incoming Huge Solar Storms Could Destroy Many Satellites, U.S. Gov’t Scientist Warns
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:27 am by PurpleSkyz

» Salman Rushdie Stabbed On Stage During Speech
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:50 am by PurpleSkyz

» Uninformed Consent - Official Full Documentary Release - Watch Now!
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:47 am by PurpleSkyz

» They weren’t supposed to find that
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:42 am by PurpleSkyz

» CDC Drops Quarantine, Distancing Recommendations, as 1.3 Million COVID Vaccine Injuries Reported to VAERS
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:30 am by PurpleSkyz

» EXCLUSIVE: Warrant and Property Receipt from Mar-a-Lago Raid
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:27 am by PurpleSkyz

» Roger Waters Destroys CNN Host About Ukraine & Taiwan
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:24 am by PurpleSkyz

» Judge Orders DOJ to Respond to Judicial Watch’s Motion to Unseal Mar-a-Lago Search Warrant Materials by 5p.m. EST on August 15
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 11:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» Crop Circles 2022 - Etchilhampton Hill (2), Nr Devizes, Wiltshire. Reported 8th August
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 am by PurpleSkyz

» Crop Circles 2022 - Woodborough Hill, Nr Alton Priors, Wiltshire. Reported 3rd August.
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Perseid Meteor Shower Will Peak This Week: Here's How to Watch!
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:39 am by PurpleSkyz

» Rainwater No Longer Safe to Drink Anywhere on Earth Due to Cancer-Causing Chemicals, Scientists Warn
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 am by PurpleSkyz

» Former College Football Coach Fired for Refusing COVID Vaccine Files $25 Million Claim Against Washington State
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:12 am by PurpleSkyz

» CDC Covid Guideline Update Finally Allows “Individuals” To Make Their Own Decisions
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:06 am by PurpleSkyz

» I Personally Approved The Decision To Seek A Search Warrant” The Internet Reacts To Garland Press Conference After Mar-a-Lago Raid
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 10:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» The hypocrisy of the Assange case
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 9:34 am by PurpleSkyz

» Is the Untested and Dangerous Monkeypox Vaccine About to get an EUA to Avoid Legal Liability for Deaths and Injuries?
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 9:28 am by PurpleSkyz

» UK Children To Be Given Polio Boosters To Protect Against ‘Vaccine Derived Polio’
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 9:24 am by PurpleSkyz

» @DONTPAYUK
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 am by PurpleSkyz

» Costa Rica’s New President Ends ‘Illegal’ Covid Vaccine Mandates
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 8:57 am by PurpleSkyz

» UPDATE: IRS Pulls Job Post Detailing How New Accounting Agents May Use ‘Deadly Force’ After Backlash
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 8:51 am by PurpleSkyz

» “Loser!” – Psychopath Tony Fauci BOOED LOUDLY before Throwing Out First Pitch at Mariners Game
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyThu Aug 11, 2022 8:48 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » VOICES CARRY » AMAZING PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS » Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious
09:50 am

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_1dreamwev_465_350_int
‘The Lost Narrative’ (2015).

I write down what I remember of my dreams each day—trying to capture them before they disappear like dew on a summer morning. Though it’s a good aide—memoire words don’t always capture the fleeting sensation such visions inspire as perfectly as an artist can with a painting.
Mike Worrall is an almost entirely self-taught artist who has been painting large, beautiful, surreal and mysterious pictures inspired by dreams and the subconscious since the early 1960s. As a child he was greatly intrigued by paintings that contained a dream-like narrative of “some sought of mystery element.” His own work followed in a similar direction where he keeps the viewer “guessing and wondering what it’s about”.
Worrall may sometimes be unsure as to what exactly his paintings are about. He might not quite fully understand them but says he is “a firm believer that I should not have to attempt to explain the enigma to people and that the picture should retain some mystery for a lasting interest.”
I’m interested in Dreams and Subconscious thoughts and the weirdness of how we go from one thought to another in an almost drifting process. Dreams are a great source of material for me. Not that I wake up and paint the dream that I may have had, even if I could remember it, I’d then have to most likely make up the details. My paintings are more deliberate and constructed with the element of change.
Worrall has also worked as an “Ideas Artist” in films. One of his paintings inspired Roman Polanski to make a film of William Shakespeare’s play MacBeth. More recently, he designed concept art for the Xenomorph in Alien3.
Born in Derbyshire, England in 1942, Worrall moved to Australia in 1988, where he currently resides. His paintings have been exhibited across the world. Many of his paintings are in collections owned by Polanski, Nicholas Roeg and musician Alan Price.
A whole gallery of Mike Worrall’s work can be seen here.

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_7dreamweave_465_348_int
‘Escape from the Garden of Different Meanings’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_3dreamweave_465_346_int
‘Disparnumerophobia meaning the fear of odd numbers’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_2dreamweave_465_348_int
‘Miss Pandemonium’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_6dreamweave2_465_463_int
‘The Tree of Glum’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_5dreamweave1_465_347_int
‘The Suburb of Derelict Dreams’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_9dreamweave_465_370_int
‘Call of the Wild’ (2105).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_4dreamweave_465_416_int
‘The Carnivorous Forest’ (2014-15).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_8dreamweave_465_353_int
‘Sanctuary’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_10dreamweave_465_340_int
‘The Sadness of Rivers’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_11dreamweave_465_353_int
‘The Exploration of Time’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_12dreamweave_465_273_int
‘The Forgotten Expectation’ (2011).

H/T Hi-Fructose and Mike Worrall.

Thanks to: http://dangerousminds.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum