OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» It Was Worse Than We Thought: NO ONE Met Japanese Prime Minister at the White House Door Except Stationary Army Guard
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 4:58 pm by PurpleSkyz

» NASA delays Mars helicopter flight for software update
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 4:53 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Where Is the Outcry Over the New York Times Sowing Vaccine Doubts?
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 4:47 pm by PurpleSkyz

» After vaccination: Number of deaths in nursing homes explodes
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 4:43 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO NEWS ~ UFO Amsterdam March17th crazy footage pyramid shape plus MORE
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 12:12 pm by PurpleSkyz

» What's happening in the Washington sky? Strange light flashing
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 12:01 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun Shoots Off Strong Solar Flare and Coronal Mass Ejection
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:58 am by PurpleSkyz

» Woman is planning to marry a chandelier
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:50 am by PurpleSkyz

» Enormous Ancient Mystery Plateau Found?
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:45 am by PurpleSkyz

» GRANT CAMERON An Insight into the TTSA UAP App with Rob Freeman
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:24 am by PurpleSkyz

» Keukenhof Gardens Spring Series
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 11:20 am by PurpleSkyz

» Sane COVID Vax Advice For Emergency Workers in Canada
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:45 am by PurpleSkyz

» Florida Gov. DeSantis Says Lockdowns Have Been a ‘Huge, Huge Mistake’
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptyYesterday at 10:41 am by PurpleSkyz

» Thrive Movement - Is there a fundamental structure to our universe?
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 5:44 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Alan Watts ~ Why Do We Resist Change
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 11:02 am by PurpleSkyz

» Elon Musk’s SpaceX chosen by NASA for historic mission to send humans to the Moon
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:56 am by PurpleSkyz

» Strange Sightings Increasing Worldwide! (2021)
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:52 am by PurpleSkyz

» Sean Stone - The Jon Benet Ramsey Conspiracy?
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:41 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO NEWS ~ Disc like object (UFO) captured at Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex UK plus MORE
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

» Anthony Weiner Has Public MELTDOWN lol lol
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 10:13 am by PurpleSkyz

» Deep Space is full of Mysteries
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 9:55 am by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines Are Sowing Seeds of Immune System Destruction
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 9:51 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » VOICES CARRY » AMAZING PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS » Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious
09:50 am

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_1dreamwev_465_350_int
‘The Lost Narrative’ (2015).

I write down what I remember of my dreams each day—trying to capture them before they disappear like dew on a summer morning. Though it’s a good aide—memoire words don’t always capture the fleeting sensation such visions inspire as perfectly as an artist can with a painting.
Mike Worrall is an almost entirely self-taught artist who has been painting large, beautiful, surreal and mysterious pictures inspired by dreams and the subconscious since the early 1960s. As a child he was greatly intrigued by paintings that contained a dream-like narrative of “some sought of mystery element.” His own work followed in a similar direction where he keeps the viewer “guessing and wondering what it’s about”.
Worrall may sometimes be unsure as to what exactly his paintings are about. He might not quite fully understand them but says he is “a firm believer that I should not have to attempt to explain the enigma to people and that the picture should retain some mystery for a lasting interest.”
I’m interested in Dreams and Subconscious thoughts and the weirdness of how we go from one thought to another in an almost drifting process. Dreams are a great source of material for me. Not that I wake up and paint the dream that I may have had, even if I could remember it, I’d then have to most likely make up the details. My paintings are more deliberate and constructed with the element of change.
Worrall has also worked as an “Ideas Artist” in films. One of his paintings inspired Roman Polanski to make a film of William Shakespeare’s play MacBeth. More recently, he designed concept art for the Xenomorph in Alien3.
Born in Derbyshire, England in 1942, Worrall moved to Australia in 1988, where he currently resides. His paintings have been exhibited across the world. Many of his paintings are in collections owned by Polanski, Nicholas Roeg and musician Alan Price.
A whole gallery of Mike Worrall’s work can be seen here.

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_7dreamweave_465_348_int
‘Escape from the Garden of Different Meanings’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_3dreamweave_465_346_int
‘Disparnumerophobia meaning the fear of odd numbers’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_2dreamweave_465_348_int
‘Miss Pandemonium’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_6dreamweave2_465_463_int
‘The Tree of Glum’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_5dreamweave1_465_347_int
‘The Suburb of Derelict Dreams’ (2015).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_9dreamweave_465_370_int
‘Call of the Wild’ (2105).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_4dreamweave_465_416_int
‘The Carnivorous Forest’ (2014-15).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_8dreamweave_465_353_int
‘Sanctuary’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_10dreamweave_465_340_int
‘The Sadness of Rivers’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_11dreamweave_465_353_int
‘The Exploration of Time’ (2013).

Dreamcatcher: Self-taught artist paints the Surreal World of the Subconscious  0_12dreamweave_465_273_int
‘The Forgotten Expectation’ (2011).

H/T Hi-Fructose and Mike Worrall.

Thanks to: http://dangerousminds.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum