OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological”

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological”

Posted on July 14, 2016 by lozzafun
source
James Corbett
July 14th, 2016
The Corbett Report
How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” Cubehouse3
This video was produced by James Corbett and originally published at The Corbett Report.
Editor’s Comment: The greatest fruits of the age of the Internet have been the renaissance of alternative living, which are going to be a big part of the future. Like so many other institutions in our society, the idea of buying and cookie cutter house and being in debt with a mortgage to pay – indefinitely until you die – is out dated, and does nothing to promote freedom for the people living in it.
For those that want to, or need to, you can now download plans and build your own home – meeting codes if necessary – from cheap or repurposed materials. For preppers, it could prove to be the perfect solution for your survival and off-grid needs. Many of these homes are more efficient, cheap to buy and maintain, and typically don’t come tied to long term debt. Is it too much to hope for an open source solution to everything in our lives.
How to Download and Build Your Own House
by James Corbett
You wouldn’t download a house, would you? Of course you would! And now with the Open Building Institute, you can! Join us today as we talk to Marcin Jakubowski of Open Source Ecology and Catarina Mota of the Open Building Institute about how they are bringing their vision of an affordable, open source, modular, ecological building toolkit to life. We discuss the free, open source library of modules that form the basis of the building’s design, how the institute will train others to start designing and building their own homes, and how you can find out more information and help the collaborative effort.

https://youtu.be/I997XGykMM0

Visit CorbettReport.com
Visit OpenSourceEcology.org
Visit OpenBuildingInstitute.org
This video was produced by James Corbett and originally published at The Corbett Report.

Thanks to: https://lozzafun1.wordpress.com

2How to Download and Build Your Own House: “Affordable, Open Source, Modular, Ecological” Empty Download and build your own house? Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:21 am

morrispatman

Downloading plans and building your own house, seems like a great idea until you add up the amount of hours you and your wife will spend working on it.

The Jim Walter Co. had a better idea. They built the outside and you and your wife finished the inside, but it still took the two of you to finish and make the mortgage payment. If anything happened to any one of you before the house was paid for, that person would be in financial trouble, if he or she was attempting to live on social security.

I wish I could write a book on what we did and how we did it, because we had no plans except my wife's dreams. It was like she dreamed in explicit detail about what we used and where we got the material we used. It was very frustrating because sometimes we had to wait for the material to become available. Our finances wouldn't allow us to go to Home Depot and buy new material. We managed to get the house 90% finished before she got to feeling so bad she only wanted to lie in bed and watch television. Without her help and support, I just gave up and quit doing anything on the house.

When she passed away in January 2016, I invited her daughter, Bessie and her family to live with me and help me keep everything going financially. We are still working on a plan to keep everything going. It is going to take a miracle, but I want Bessie and her family to have the house, not the mortgage company. We still owe $19,000 according to the mortgage company. It doesn't seem like much, but I can't refinance because I have a very low credit score and even with our total income, we wouldn't qualify because it isn't enough to support all of us and two boys under the age of five. We can't afford to give up!!!!  I keep telling Bessie that when the aliens officially show up, everything will change. She keeps telling me I am crazy  and she doesn't want to listen to me, but anyone who thinks they can pay off a 30 year mortgage before they die is crazy to begin with and building a house according to someone else's dreams? You be the judge on that one.

Last edited by morrispatman on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect word)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum