6 Types Of Energy Vampires That Leave You Emotionally Drained
An energy vampire is a person who feeds off your emotional, or psychic, energy. People who display energy vampire traits generally lack empathy, sensitivity, and emotional maturity.
As a result of the pain or insecurity they feel inside, energy vampires are addicted to preying on the vitality of others as an attempt to heal their inner suffering.
Six types of energy vampires are as follows:
1. The Victim Or Martyr VampireThey prey off your guilt and believe that they are “at mercy” of the world and suffer due to other people. Rising out of extremely low self-esteem, their behavior is usually marked by blaming others and manipulating the other person into thinking that you are the one who damaged them. Only solution to deal with such people is to look out for self-pity cues and snot feed their pity with further empathy.
2. The Narcissist VampireA Narcissist Energy Vampire has no capacity to show empathy, or genuine interest, towards other people. Narcissist Vampires carry the unconscious philosophy of “ME first, YOU second.” Therefore, Narcissist Vampires will constantly expect you to put them first, feed their egos and do what they say. So, it is always better to stop feeding their ego.
3. The Dominator VampireThey feed on the other person by intimidating them and the ‘kick’ they get out of it is used for establishing their own self-esteem.be assertive with such vampires.
4. The Melodramatic VampireTo fill the emptiness of their own lives, these vampires thrive on creating drama and seek out crisis because it gives them a reason to feel victimized (thus special and in need of love), an exaggerated sense of self-importance and avoidance from life’s real issues.
5. The Judgmental VampireDue to their severely low self-worth, the Judgemental Energy Vampire loves to pick on other people. They prey on other’s insecurities and get an ego boast out of sharp criticism they throw at others.
6. The Innocent VampireEnergy Vampires aren’t always malicious, as in the case of Innocent Vampires. They need constant reassurance, help and solace. Playing the role of the constant “rock” or support will eventually erode away your energy. As a result, you’ll have little energy to support yourself.
by Conscious Reminder
Thanks to: http://dreamcatcherreality.com