Projecting "Wave 2" and "Wave 3" of the Coronavirus Pandemic
Published: February 4, 2020Image Source: Freakwave - Pixabay It’s too early to declare victory and too early to assume the virus can be completely eradicated in a few weeks on the SARS model.Many people are already anticipating the end of the coronavirus pandemic and a quick return to "normal life" and renewed global growth.
But if we examine the history of previous pandemics and the spread of this contagious virus, we reach a much different conclusion: "Wave 2" and "Wave 3" arising after the initial wave recedes are distinct possibilities.The corporate media and conventional economists in the U.S. and China’s PR machine share a common goal:
reassure consumers in the U.S., China and the rest of the world that everything will return to normal soon and they should continue buying stuff they don’t need (5G phones, etc.) with borrowed money.Meanwhile, authorities in China are tracking down everyone with a Wuhan residency ID card
in the hopes that quarantining every one of the tens of thousands of Wuhan residents who traveled before the citywide quarantine took effect will stop the pandemic.There are two problems with this official assumption that house-arresting everyone from Wuhan will end the pandemic:
1. Given that Wuhan residents traveled freely around China for the month before the citywide quarantine, infecting people in other cities, there is now a pool of carriers who did not come from Wuhan, so quarantining everyone from Wuhan won’t stop these people from infecting others.
2. Much of the dirty, poorly paid work in China’s cities is done by "illegal migrants" from rural areas who don’t have official residency in the city. These people may have lived and worked in Wuhan but do not have Wuhan ID cards. They make up another reservoir of virus carriers who it will be difficult to track down and quarantine via residency permits and ID.
As mentioned previously, many of the hundreds of thousands of Chinese with overseas jobs returned home for New Years and are now anxious to get back to their jobs in other countries. Those without symptoms who are outside locked-down cities are free to find "work-arounds" to exit China by whatever means are available. Some consequential percentage of these people might be asymptomatic carriers of the virus.
As the city-wide quarantines limit the spread of the virus, victory will be declared and the quarantines will be lifted. But since the reservoirs of the virus have not been eliminated, the virus will start spreading again once the quarantines are lifted. This is "Wave 2."Pandemics tend to decline in summer and then re-emerge in Fall.
These renewed pandemics may be even more consequential than the first wave.
If an effective vaccine is developed and billions of doses are made and distributed globally by Fall, then a re-emergence will have been thwarted. But that’s a tall order, and there may be areas where the vaccine (assuming one is developed) is not universally distributed.
A re-emergence in Fall would be "Wave 3." Perhaps this wave will be limited to impoverished nations without adequate healthcare systems; perhaps the virus mutates in some unexpected way. It’s too early to declare victory and too early to assume the virus can be completely eradicated in a few weeks on the SARS model.My recent books:Audiobook edition now available:
Will You Be Richer or Poorer?: Profit, Power, and AI in a Traumatized World ($13)
(Kindle $6.95, print $11.95) Read the first section for free (PDF).Pathfinding our Destiny: Preventing the Final Fall of Our Democratic Republic ($6.95 (Kindle), $12 (print), $13.08 ( audiobook): Read the first section for free (PDF).The Adventures of the Consulting Philosopher: The Disappearance of Drake $1.29 (Kindle), $8.95 (print); read the first chapters for free (PDF)Money and Work Unchained $6.95 (Kindle), $15 (print) Read the first section for free (PDF).If you found value in this content, please join me in seeking solutions by becoming a $1/month patron of my work via patreon.com.
Related Articles:Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- Dr. Francis Boyle Creator Of BioWeapons Act Says Coronavirus Is Biological Warfare Weapon
In an explosive interview Dr. Francis Boyle, who drafted the Biological Weapons Act has given a detailed statement admitting that the 2019 Wuhan Coronavirus is an offensive Biological Warfare Weapon and that the World Health Organization (WHO) already knows about it.Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- Meanwhile In China, "Residents Forcibly Taken Away After Refusing To Be Quarantined"
Radio Free Asia (RFA) has tweeted a disturbing video on its Twitter account Tuesday morning detailing how some residents in Kunshan, Jiangsu, a city in southeastern Jiangsu province with Shanghai bordering its eastern border and Suzhou on its west, are forcibly removing people from their homes who refuse to be quarantined.Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- New Proposed Law To Jail "Anti-Vaxxers" & The CDC Fear Based Talking Points To Media Revealed! - Activist Post
A controversial group currently in the crosshairs of the establishment, which was also discussed at Event 201, is known as the Anti-Vaccine Movement. And now we see the UK Government working on a new law to jail people who spread “Anti-Vaccine Propaganda” online. Currently, people are protected from prosecution if they sincerely believe the misinformation or propaganda is real, but the government is looking to reform this provision and make it a criminal offense to post anything online, particularly social media, which is deemed to be “Anti-Vaccine.”Monday, February 3, 2020
- Report: First Brit to Contract Coronavirus Refused Drugs And Beat Infection With 'Hot Whisky And Honey'Monday, February 3, 2020
- China Arrested Doctors Who Warned About Coronavirus Outbreak. Now Death Toll’s Rising, Stocks Are Plunging.
The new coronavirus that has spread consternation around the world over the last few weeks has now killed more people in China than the SARS epidemic of 2002-2003. China’s health commission reported Sunday that there were 361 deaths nationwide. During the SARS outbreak, 349 people died in mainland China and 774 altogether around the world. The Chinese stock markets took major hits Monday, and the whole nation feels its growing isolation.Sunday, February 2, 2020
- Britons Airlifted from Wuhan Ride to Quarantine on Four “Horseman” BusesFriday, January 31, 2020
- Bats, Gene Editing and Bioweapons: Recent DARPA Experiments Raise Concerns Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
DARPA recently spent millions on research involving bats and coronaviruses, as well as gene editing “bioweapons” prior to the recent coronavirus outbreak. Now, “strategic allies” of the agency have been chosen to develop a genetic material-based vaccine to halt the potential epidemic.Thursday, January 30, 2020
- First person-to-person transmission of coronavirus in the US
A second person in Chicago has come down with the coronavirus, bringing the total of coronavirus patients in the US up to six (two in Chicago, two in California, one in Seattle, and one in Arizona). But this is the first case that was transmitted person-to-person within the US (the other five patients became infected in China).Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Harvard Chemistry Chair & Two Chinese Nationals Arrested For Lying About China Ties, Smuggling "Biological Material"
In a shocking revelation made Tuesday afternoon - a revelation that will almost certainly rattle the US-China relationship at an already fragile time - a federal court unsealed indictments against Harvard professor and Chemistry Department Head Charles Lieber, along with two Chinese nationals. One is a Boston University researcher who was once a lieutenant in the People’s Liberation Army, according to prosecutors, and the second was a cancer researcher who tried to smuggle 21 vials of biological materials in his sock - allegedly. Lieber has been arrested, though it's not clear if he's still in custody.Monday, January 27, 2020
- San Francisco Activates Emergency Operations Center To Prepare For Coronavirus
Increasing fears of coronavirus spreading across the U.S. have resulted in San Francisco Mayor London Breed to activate the city’s emergency operations center, reported the San Francisco Chronicle. “It’s, so we have a centralized location and process to prepare for what we need to do, to share public information, and to take any action if necessary,” said Jeff Cretan, a spokesman for Breed.Monday, January 27, 2020
- Philippines to Deport 500 Chinese People to Prevent to Spread of Coronavirus
The Philippines is to deport 500 Chinese citizens who arrived in the country from Wuhan in an attempt to prevent the spread of coronavirus.Monday, January 27, 2020
- WTF: Gates Foundation Sponsored Training for 'Fictional' Coronavirus Outbreak That Caused 65 Million Deaths Last Year
Before this year’s very real coronavirus pandemic that started in China and is now sweeping the globe, a “fictional” simulation of such an event was sponsored by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation last year.Sunday, January 26, 2020
- Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It?
Last year a mysterious shipment was caught smuggling Coronavirus from Canada. It was traced to Chinese agents working at a Canadian lab. Subsequent investigation by GreatGameIndia linked the agents to Chinese Biological Warfare Program from where the virus is suspected to have leaked causing the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak.Sunday, January 26, 2020
- The Coronavirus - No Need To Panic
The picture and the rhyme are from a fifteen year old Moon of Alabama post headlined Bring Out Your Dead. Beq's title for her picture is from a medieval Mounty Pyton sketch (vid) around the 'black death'. We no longer have to fear the plague but every once a while a new virus catches up with humanity.Sunday, January 26, 2020
- Coronavirus virus reaches Europe as UK ‘hunts for 2,000 passengers who recently arrived from Wuhan’Friday, January 24, 2020
- 2015: “Lab-Made Coronavirus Triggers Debate”
The creation of a chimeric SARS-like virus has scientists discussing the risks of gain-of-function research.Friday, January 24, 2020
- China built a lab to study SARS and Ebola in Wuhan - and US biosafety experts warned in 2017 that a virus could 'escape' the facility that's become key in fighting the outbreak
Scientists warned in 2017 that a SARS-like virus could escape a lab set up that year in Wuhan, China, to study some of the most dangerous pathogens in the world.
Thanks to: https://www.blacklistednews.com