OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Needle and the Damage Done
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 11:08 am by PurpleSkyz

» William Shatner ‘overwhelmed by sadness’ while discussing spaceflight
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 3:18 am by PurpleSkyz

» Unearthed video shows Fauci, health experts discussing ‘China’ virus, global vaccines weeks before COVID hit
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 2:25 am by PurpleSkyz

» 138 Legislators From 38 States Sign “New Declaration Of Independence” – AZ State Sen. Wendy Rogers
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 2:16 am by PurpleSkyz

» FDA Delays Moderna for Young Teens Pending Investigation into Heart Inflammation Side Effect
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 2:12 am by PurpleSkyz

» WILLY MYCO'S $100,000.00 (100k) CHALLENGE TO ANJALI
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 7:30 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Tyson: 'when the aliens come, we'll all know'
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 12:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mystery boom and unexplained rumblings freak out people in New Hampshire
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:58 am by PurpleSkyz

» Does The Sun Have An Evil Twin?
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:50 am by PurpleSkyz

» Australia Introduces $5000 Fines for the Unvaxxed
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:39 am by PurpleSkyz

» Navy Announces Plans To Expel Those Refusing Covid Vaccine, Revoke Benefits
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:35 am by PurpleSkyz

» VAERS: 160,000+ Americans Have Likely Died From COVID-19 Injections
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:31 am by PurpleSkyz

» LOFAR Detects Coherent Radio Emission from 19 Red Dwarfs
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:07 am by PurpleSkyz

» Breaking: U.S. Dept. of Defense Data Shatters Official COVID Narrative!
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:03 am by PurpleSkyz

» Full Facts & Figures from Doctors & Scientists On COVID19
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» Worst Oil Spill In “Decades”, May Take “Years” To Clean Up
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:55 am by PurpleSkyz

» Jon Rappoport - Mandate or Freedom: An open letter to corporate CEOs
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:44 am by PurpleSkyz

» Chicago Set to Lose 50% or More of Police Force at Midnight Tonight as Police Union Calls Mayor’s Bluff on Reporting COVID-19 Vaccine Status plus MORE
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:33 am by PurpleSkyz

» Missing boy found by man 'instructed by God'
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 12:16 pm by PurpleSkyz

» FULL (OF IT) Benjamin bla bla blah Fulford -10-11-21… “First shots of WWIII fired on Polish/Belarus border as collapse of EU begins”
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyThu Oct 14, 2021 12:14 pm by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » CHANGING ENVIRONMENT & NATURE » NATURE & ENVIRONMENT » Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020

Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica News-insect-skeletal

Have you ever seen an insect like this ? Image Credit: YouTube / Pen News / Antonieta Mora
Antonieta Mora had been out gathering fruit when she captured footage of this bizarre skeleton-like insect.
The 32-year-old language therapist couldn't understand what she was seeing when she first spotted what appeared to be a patch of moss moving on its own out of the corner of her eye.

"I was cutting fruits to make a fresh drink and suddenly I saw it," she said. "At first I thought it was a bit of moss, then I thought it was a cricket and then I didn't know if it was a type of praying mantis."

Upon closer inspection however it became apparent that the creature was none of those things. It seemed to be comprised of interlocking green thorns and it was possible to see straight through it.

"I was like, 'wow, that's incredible!' I had never seen one and I have lived all my life in rural areas," she said. "It is difficult to describe but it is dark green with lighter green."

After posting her footage up on Facebook however, an answer to the mystery was soon found - the peculiar insect was in fact a type of cricket known as Markia espinachi.

The reason it looks so skeletal is because the darker parts of its body blend perfectly into the background, creating the illusion that it is possible to see straight through it.

This clever trick enables the insect to remain perfectly camouflaged against predators.

https://youtu.be/LsXs_8hrZcI

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/335604/weird-skeletal-insect-filmed-in-costa-rica

Thanks to: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum