OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» #QTard Drama Theater- ‘Q Is the Truth,’: Lin Wood Promotes QAnon at Bible College to Cheering Crowds
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 10:26 am by PurpleSkyz

» HAPPY EARTH DAY
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 10:16 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO Crash Recoveries: A Classified Corporate Gold Rush
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 10:08 am by PurpleSkyz

» 18-Year-Old Undergoes 3 Brain Surgeries From Blood Clots After J&J Vaccine
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 10:04 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Covidian Cult (Part II)
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 10:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» Study: COVID-19 Vaccine Causes Certain Patients to Develop Herpes Infection
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 9:49 am by PurpleSkyz

» Rumors Swirl About President Harris’ Mental State After She Bursts Into ANOTHER Uncontrolled Laughing Fit
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyToday at 9:41 am by PurpleSkyz

» Dave Schmidt (Meta 1 Coin Scam) SEC Posts An Award Claim Against Meta 1!
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 9:13 pm by Carl Spackler

» Mysterious event! Sheep make the perfect circle in Sussex UK!Do they worship ?
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 5:57 pm by PurpleSkyz

» MANDELA II – More Analysis – The latest book by TS Caladan
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 5:42 pm by PurpleSkyz

» 33-Year-Old Woman Hospitalized for ‘Mysterious’ Paralysis 12 Hours After Pfizer Vaccine
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 12:53 pm by Unknown

» Body Language: President Trump, On Current Events
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 12:20 pm by PurpleSkyz

» "Impossible Star-Maps" Within Mystery Ancient Library?
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 11:52 am by PurpleSkyz

» Cape Cod, Massachusetts Against Medical Mandates: Join Protest Saturday April 24, 2021
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:46 am by PurpleSkyz

» Oracle Films: The Pushback — The Day the World Stood Together (Banned from YouTube)
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:42 am by PurpleSkyz

» Good People Doing Good Things — Everyday People
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:33 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Coming Modern Grand Solar Minimum
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:22 am by PurpleSkyz

» 95,000 UK Severe Adverse Reactions Cases from Pfizer Vaccine
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:14 am by PurpleSkyz

» 12-Year-Old Girl is Paralyzed During COVID-19 Trials
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 10:01 am by PurpleSkyz

» URGENT: Doctor Confirms Parasitic Worms on Facemasks
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyYesterday at 9:49 am by PurpleSkyz

» Bad-clown Rising - For the Digitally Oppressed
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 6:46 pm by PurpleSkyz

» ‘Be Careful Because Some Things That Are Termed A Conspiracy Are True’ – Edward Snowden
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica EmptyTue Apr 20, 2021 5:21 pm by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » MOTHER NATURE » NATURE & ENVIRONMENT » Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica

Posted on Friday, 20 March, 2020

Weird 'skeletal' insect filmed in Costa Rica News-insect-skeletal

Have you ever seen an insect like this ? Image Credit: YouTube / Pen News / Antonieta Mora
Antonieta Mora had been out gathering fruit when she captured footage of this bizarre skeleton-like insect.
The 32-year-old language therapist couldn't understand what she was seeing when she first spotted what appeared to be a patch of moss moving on its own out of the corner of her eye.

"I was cutting fruits to make a fresh drink and suddenly I saw it," she said. "At first I thought it was a bit of moss, then I thought it was a cricket and then I didn't know if it was a type of praying mantis."

Upon closer inspection however it became apparent that the creature was none of those things. It seemed to be comprised of interlocking green thorns and it was possible to see straight through it.

"I was like, 'wow, that's incredible!' I had never seen one and I have lived all my life in rural areas," she said. "It is difficult to describe but it is dark green with lighter green."

After posting her footage up on Facebook however, an answer to the mystery was soon found - the peculiar insect was in fact a type of cricket known as Markia espinachi.

The reason it looks so skeletal is because the darker parts of its body blend perfectly into the background, creating the illusion that it is possible to see straight through it.

This clever trick enables the insect to remain perfectly camouflaged against predators.

https://youtu.be/LsXs_8hrZcI

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/335604/weird-skeletal-insect-filmed-in-costa-rica

Thanks to: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum