OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» POOPness for FEB 26 '21: IT IS TIME TO LIE TO ALL YOU GULLIBLE MORONS AGAIN SO YOU SEND ME MONEY
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 11:32 am by PurpleSkyz

» Biden Refuses to Answer Questions on His 'Immediate' $2000 Checks Promise to Voters
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 11:26 am by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ UFO Sighted Over Sardinia, Italy plus MORE
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 11:17 am by PurpleSkyz

» What are these metallic looking objects captured by Perseverance Mars Rover
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:48 am by PurpleSkyz

» JAMES CORBETT: “Precedent Trump”
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:44 am by PurpleSkyz

» Lawyers Promise ‘Nurember Trials’ Against All Behind COVID Scam
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:40 am by PurpleSkyz

» Seriously, stop using Google
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:27 am by PurpleSkyz

» Trump In The Looking Glass
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:25 am by PurpleSkyz

» Joe Biden Quietly Revokes 7 Trump Executive Orders: ‘I Don’t Need a Reason’
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:17 am by PurpleSkyz

» New Democrat Law Will Fine Mom-and-Pop Shops Who Keep Boys and Girls Clothing in Separate Sections
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:15 am by PurpleSkyz

» NARCO-POLITIK: ‘The Cannabis Conspiracy’, The Police State Marches On
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyToday at 10:12 am by PurpleSkyz

» Thrive Movement - WORLDVIEW PIONEER SERIES Clip: Nassim Haramein - Is Our Universe a Simulation?
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 7:12 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Judge Rules Arizona County Must Provide Suspected 2020 Ballots to State Senate
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Situation Update, Feb. 25th – Is FAKE Prez. Biden about to be exposed and removed?
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:43 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Breaking: Medical Workers Warn Covid-19 Vaccine is Hurting and Killing Innocent People
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:40 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Mars Is a Hellhole
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Moderna to increase dosages in vials of COVID vaccine
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:30 pm by PurpleSkyz

» THE “GATES” TO HELL ARE PAVED WITH SCIENCE!
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:28 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Where the F**k are the Checks? They Went to Raytheon So They Can Bomb My Country”
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:21 pm by PurpleSkyz

» More Than 200,000 Sign Petition Against Vaccine Passports
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text EmptyYesterday at 6:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » DISCLOSURE » HISTORIES MYSTERIES » 'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text

'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text

Posted on Saturday, 16 May, 2020

'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text News-qumran-scrolls

One of the caves in which the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. Image Credit: Effi Schweizer
New research has determined that scroll fragments thought to be blank do in fact contain very faint text.
Considered to be some of the most important ancient texts ever discovered, the Dead Sea Scrolls are comprised of several hundred documents dating back more than 2,000 years.

They were found inside eleven caves in the eastern Judaean Desert between 1946 and 1956.

Today, the fragments - which number in excess of 100,000 - can be found in collections and museums around the world including the University of Manchester's John Rylands Library which is home to four particularly notable scroll fragments that, until recently, were thought to be completely blank.

According to a new study however, there is more to these fragments than meets the eye.

"Looking at one of the fragments with a magnifying glass, I thought I saw a small, faded letter - a lamed, the Hebrew letter 'L'," said Professor Joan Taylor of King's College London.

"Frankly, since all these fragments were supposed to be blank and had even been cut into for leather studies, I also thought I might be imagining things."

"But then it seemed maybe other fragments could have very faded letters too."

A detailed examination of the fragments later confirmed the presence of text written in Hebrew and Aramaic, with one piece in particular exhibiting four lines of text with 15-16 letters on each.

Ruled lines and traces of other letters were found on the other parchments.

"With new techniques for revealing ancient texts now available, I felt we had to know if these letters could be exposed," said Taylor. "There are only a few on each fragment, but they are like missing pieces of a jigsaw puzzle you find under a sofa."

John Hodgson  @JohnHodgsonUoM

Wow: our amazing Imaging team reveals genuine textual fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls @TheJohnRylands https://rylandscollections.com/2020/05/15/dead-sea-scroll-fragments-thought-to-be-blank-reveal-text/ …

'Blank' Dead Sea Scrolls actually do contain text X583rJOQ?format=jpg&name=600x314

Dead Sea Scroll fragments thought to be blank reveal text

A multispectral imaging study has revealed that four Dead Sea Scroll manuscript fragments previously thought to be blank, contain text.
rylandscollections.com

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/337040/blank-dead-sea-scrolls-actually-do-contain-text

Thanks to: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum