OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit

Posted on Monday, 30 November, 2020

Uri Geller apologizes for Pokemon lawsuit News-uri-geller

Geller has had a change of heart. Image Credit: CC 3.0 Aquarius2000
The spoon bending Israeli had previously sued Nintendo for their use of a Pokemon that was inspired by him.
Back in the year 2000, Uri Geller - the man who made a name for himself bending spoons using his alleged psychic powers - sued Nintendo over its use of Kadabra, a spoon-weilding monster that was part of the insanely popular Pokemon franchise.

Aside from the fact that the creature was holding a spoon, its name in Japanese is written as Yungerer or Yungeller, which Geller argued was an obvious reference to him.

"Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokemon character," he said at the time. "Nintendo stole my identity by using my name and my signature image."

The Israeli spoon bender ultimately won the case, which meant that the creature could no longer be used on trading cards.

Now however, Geller seems to have had a complete change of heart as evidenced by a letter he has written to Nintendo granting them permission to use the character again.

"I am truly sorry for what I did 20 years ago," he Tweeted. "Kids and grownups I am releasing the ban. It's now all up to #Nintendo to bring my #kadabra #pokemon card back."

"It will probably be one of the rarest cards now! Much energy and love to all!"

According to Geller, it was the sheer number of letters from fans asking to have Kadabra reinstated that compelled him to write to Nintendo to make it happen.

Whether the spoon-wielding pocket monster will actually make a comeback however remains unclear.

Source: Kotaku.com

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/341372/uri-geller-apologizes-for-pokemon-lawsuit

Thanks to: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum