OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» UFO NEWS ~ Multiple UFOs spotted in the sky of Adelaide South Australia plus MORE
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 6:17 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Breaking: China's Zhurong Rover Has Successfully Landed on Mars
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 3:24 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Our Weird Dreams May Help Us Make Sense of Reality, AI-Inspired Theory Suggests
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 3:21 pm by PurpleSkyz

» 4 More MAGNET Videos
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 3:11 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Delta CEO Tells New Employees: ‘Get the Vaccine or Your Ass Is FIRED’
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» CDC Stats through May 10th, 2021
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 11:22 am by PurpleSkyz

» The CDC’s Ever-Shifting Advice
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 11:07 am by PurpleSkyz

» EUDRA Adverse Reaction Stats Though May 8th, 2021
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyToday at 10:54 am by PurpleSkyz

» The Death of Common Sense
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 9:24 am by PurpleSkyz

» Drone caught SOMETHING you won't believe
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 9:19 am by PurpleSkyz

» Lost Einstein letter links physics and biology
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 9:04 am by PurpleSkyz

» Mysterious attacks more common than realized
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 9:00 am by PurpleSkyz

» Why Are Gates & Pentagon Releasing GMO Mosquitoes in Florida Keys?
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 8:51 am by PurpleSkyz

» According to Merriam-Webster 79% of you are now considered ‘Anti-Vaxxers’
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 8:43 am by PurpleSkyz

» Snopes says this is fake but here is a video showing the MAGNET thing happening.
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 8:36 am by PurpleSkyz

» President Xiden Hacked the Pipeline lol
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyYesterday at 8:15 am by PurpleSkyz

» Interview with Charlie Wards Son
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 7:13 pm by PurpleSkyz

» About That Gas Thing...
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 6:41 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Fatalities Climbing
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 12:18 pm by PurpleSkyz

» FULL (OF IT) Benjamin bla bla blah Fulford - 5/10/2021 - Without a Moral Compass the West Cannot Win
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 11:04 am by PurpleSkyz

» Eat These 7 Mushrooms to Live Longer
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 10:59 am by PurpleSkyz

» Maricopa County Elections Officials DELETED ENTIRE DATABASE from Voting Machines
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu May 13, 2021 10:54 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » HOT TOPICS » BREAKING NEWS & HOT TOPICS » What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud?

What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
What do I do if I suspect that a charity is a fraud?

If you are suspicious of an organization or believe you have become a victim of a charity scam, several web sites and organizations can help and are listed below.
There are public sources available to assist in determining whether a specific charity is legitimately registered with the appropriate state and federal agencies. To locate information such as exempt status, financial filings and other pertinent details, you can refer to our Knowledge Base article, How can I find information about a particular (non-grantmaking) charity?
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides an online Charity Checklist with useful advice designed to help you determine whether the charity in question is a legitimate one.

Have a question about this topic? Ask us!

Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.
Ask us

Este artículo está disponible en español

See spanish version

Explore resources curated by our staff for this topic:

Staff-recommended websites

• Staff pick Federal Trade Commission

Avoid Charity Scams

Information to help donors give wisely. Links to other charity-monitoring organizations.
  • Staff pick

BBB Wise Giving Alliance

Collects and distributes information on hundreds of nonprofit organizations that solicit nationally or that have national or international program services. Site includes: Charity Reports and Standards; Tips on Giving; and an online process to file an inquiry or complaint about a charity.
  • Federal Trade Commission

Before Giving to a Charity

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consum­er protection agency, recommends taking these precautions to ensure that your donation dollars benefit the people and organizations you want to help.
  • National Consumers League

Fraud.org

A great place to learn how not to be a victim. Offers specific info on different kinds of fraud and provides an online complaint form to report suspected fraudulent activity.
  • US Government

Grant Fraud and Scams

Information on grant fraud from the US government.
  • Great Nonprofits

Allows you to read firsthand reviews by a nonprofits' clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
  • Staff pick IRS

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or organization that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A.
  • National Association of State Charity Officials (NASCO)

Links to state offices that regulate charitable organizations and charitable solicitations.
  • Venable LLP

Preventing and Investigating Fraud,Embezzlement,and Charitable Asset Diversion: What's a Nonprofit Board to Do?

A lengthy, detailed guide to investigating or preventing fraud or embezzlement in a nonprofit. Written by a lawyer with a lot of nonprofit experience.
  • Harbor Compliance

State Charitable Solicitation Authorities

This table provides contact information for the agency in each state that monitors charitable solicitation by nonprofit organizations or fundraising consultants.
  • Staff pick IRS

Tax Exempt Organization Search

Online search tool that allows users to select an exempt organization and check information about: its eligibility to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions; automatic revocation of tax-exempt status for not filing 990s; whether it has filed a Form 990-N.

https://learning.candid.org/resources/knowledge-base/charity-fraud/

Thanks to Spudwife for the forward! and thanks to: https://learning.candid.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum