It has been known for eons of time that color plays a major role in setting up a particular mood or state of mind. Color does affect one's feelings, moods, and emotions.
Colors are certain wavelengths of electro-magnetic energy seen through our eyes. The color we see is the part of the visible spectrum that is reflected back by a certain object.
We know that when all colors join the result is white light. Therefore working with White Light brings about completeness, oneness, union of all complementary parts.
Colors affect us in different ways:
- Color is one of the languages of the soul, just look at inspired or meditative paintings.
- They influence our mood and emotions.
- They have their impact on our sense of well-being or un-easiness.
- Using and avoiding certain colors is a way of self-expression; it sheds light on our personality.
- Colors affect our way of perception (light colors make a space look big, a high ceiling looks less high when painted in a dark color, etc.)
- Colors have a symbolic meaning which is immediately recognized by our subconsciousness. It must be said that not all colors mean the same to all persons and all cultures.
- They influence the flow and amount of energy in our bodies.
- Colors tell something about biological attraction and sexual availability
continued here; http://www.deeptrancenow.com/colortherapy.htm