OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness

Posted on June 2, 2021 by jilldennison 

I almost forgot to write a ‘good people’ post … since Monday was a holiday, Tuesday felt like Monday and I began working on a different post until looking at the calendar to plan the week’s meals and I realized that the week was further gone than I thought!  But no worries, for I’ve got plenty of good people just waiting to be recognized!

For lack of the right shoes …

Daverius Peters graduated from Hahnville High School in Boutte, Louisiana last month.  But he was almost kept from  getting to walk across the stage and collect his diploma.  Why?  His shoes.  Yes, you heard me right … somebody decided that no athletic shoes of any sort would be allowed, that young men graduating must wear ‘dark dress shoes’.  Trouble was, Daverius didn’t own any dark dress shoes, so he donned what he thought would be an acceptable substitute, clean black leather sneakers with a white sole.
Peters, 18, was wearing the mandatory purple cap and gown, but a school representative standing at the front door told him his shoe selection was wrong.
“She said my shoes violated the dress code and I couldn’t attend the ceremony unless I changed them.  I thought I could wear them because they’re black.  I was in shock. I felt humiliated. I just wanted to walk across the stage and get my diploma.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness Daverius-1

Daverius spotted one of his teachers, John Butler who was attending the ceremony as a parent, for his own daughter was also graduating.  After Daverius explained the shoe situation, Butler attempted to talk some common sense to the lady guarding the door, but to no avail, so John Butler simply took off his own shoes and handed them to Daverius.  They weren’t black, but since they weren’t athletic shoes, they passed muster and Daverius Peters walked across that stage and got his diploma!  A simple thing that didn’t cost any money, but you know it meant the world to Daverius Peters!

Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness John-butler

Last minute before they close the doors to graduation. The young brother comes walking towards me in a panic. He’s like, Mr. John they won’t let me graduate because I don’t have the proper shoes for the dress code he says the lady down there said I can’t walk to get my diploma because of the shoes I’m wearing. In total disbelief I go down to confirm. And sure enough she tells me the same thing. So then it becomes a no brainer to me, a no more questions asked scenario. I gave him the shoes on my feet. Here’s the funny part tho… my shoes were 2 sizes bigger than his, so when his name was called, he had to slide his feet like Sleestak across the stage to receive his diploma we had a good laugh.

Give this woman a hug!
Helen Jusic is 84-years-old and lives in Calgary, Canada.  Helen has always been a hands-on volunteer, volunteering at a local rehabilitation facility, but at the start of the pandemic in early 2020, her volunteer duties came to a screeching halt when the facility stopped allowing outside visitors. Now Helen is a people person and she felt lonely and isolated at home.
“I felt like a bird in a cage, and I thought, ‘What am I going to do?’”
One day when she was walking past a busy intersection, she waved at a bus driver who waved back at her. She then waved at people in a passing vehicle who waved back too.  And an idea was born.
Each afternoon around 3:30, she walks down the block from her Bridgeland home to the four-way stop at the corner of 12th Street and 1st Avenue N.E. to give a welcoming wave to drivers making their way home or navigating through the neighbourhood.  For about 90 minutes, Helen stands on the corner waving, smiling and giving virtual hugs to all those who pass by.  Here, see for yourself …

https://youtu.be/6uPtywN--eo

Regular passersby have gotten to know Jusic over the past year. Children shout out a personal hello to her, as they ride by in their parents’ vehicles. Motorists toot a greeting with their horns. And some have showered her with thank-you cards, chocolates, treats and flowers, for making their days a bit cheerier.
Like the first story, this act of kindness costs no money, but Helen Juvic is a good people in my book for she is bringing joy to so many people.  Thank you, Helen Juvic, for being a wonderful people!

Into the wild blue yonder
Malcolm Hanson’s wife had just been moved into a care home due to Alzheimer’s and Malcolm was so lonely, depressed, sad.  Enter the ‘good people’ in this story, Malcolm’s 12-year-old grandson, Harrison Gurney.
Harrison knew that his grandfather had loved Spitfires ever since he witnessed a ‘dog fight’ over his head involving one of the vintage aircrafts as a boy living in 1945 London during World War II, and Harrison knew that he had long dreamed of flying in one.  Harrison loves his grandpa so much, so he began writing letters to airfields and private Spitfire owners across the UK asking for help.
“It breaks my heart to see him so sad. I want him to smile again.”
Bosses at Goodwood Aerodrome in West Sussex were so touched that they offered to fly the two of them in the classic aircraft for only the cost of fuel.  Young Harrison managed to raise enough money to fuel his granddad’s surprise by doing chores around the house and offering to do garden work for other family members.
And finally, the big day came.  Last Friday, Mr. Hanson finally got to live out his fantasy of taking to the skies—and even got to take control of the aircraft.  Said Hanson …
“It was absolutely fantastic — it was the most amazing experience I have ever had. To have been allowed to take control on the Spitfire. The pilot did barrel rolls and some dives, it was great fun—a brilliant day out, all thanks to Harri.  While I was up there, I was thinking, ‘When am I going to do a barrel roll?’ and then I got to do one and even take control, turning left and right and up and down. It was a great feeling.”

Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness Hanson-1
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness Hanson-2
Good People Doing Good Things — Bringing Joy From Sadness Hanson-3

Teaching him to be a good people early!
George, last name unknown, and his 3-year-old grandson Miles live in Northern Virginia.  George and Miles are two awesome dudes!  George came into an unexpected inheritance that he said he really didn’t need.
So, he decided to share it with people who are struggling and people who can help those who are struggling.
“I had this idea. I figured that some of us in this world are doing better than others. And that those of us who were needed to share some of that good fortune with the ones who aren’t doing so well.”
For one month, George and his sidekick, Miles, handed out $100 a day with a note that read: “please accept this random act of kindness. If you don’t need it feel free to share it with others.”
Take a look …

https://youtu.be/o5bpBJARrTI

How many of us, if we received unexpected money that we really didn’t need, would do the same?  And isn’t that a beautiful lesson that George has just taught young Miles?  I have to admit, this one had me reaching for the tissues!

Remember what I always say, my friends … we can all be good people, regardless of the state of our finances or our bank balance … all it takes is a bit of caring about others.

https://jilldennison.com/2021/06/02/good-people-doing-good-things-bringing-joy-from-sadness/

Thanks to: https://jilldennison.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum