OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality

Published on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 by Common Dreamm
Calls for a new economic model, ethical regulations for markets

- Craig Brown, staff writer

HAHAHAHAHA Oh I can barely bring myself to post this crap: Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality Pope-blasts-capitalismPope
Benedict XVI from the window of his studio overlooking St. Peter’s
Square at the Vatican, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013. The Pope slammed
capitalism and economic inequality in his annual message of peace. (AP
Photo/Andrew Medichini)Pope Benedict XVI said in his New Year’s peace message today that the world was under threat from unbridled capitalism.

The pope said
“hotbeds of tension and confrontation caused by the growing inequality
between rich and poor and the prevalence of a selfish and
individualistic mentality also expressed by unregulated financial
capitalism.”

The 85-year-old Catholic Church leader spoke at a New Year’s Day Mass
in the Vatican, then greeted a crowd of tens of thousands outside St
Peter’s Basilica. The Catholic Church marks its World Day of Peace on
New Year’s Day with events around the world.

The pope said economic models that seek
maximum profit and consumption and encourage competition at all costs
had failed to look after the basic needs of manyThousands of peace marchers carrying rainbow banners released balloons in cold St Peter’s Square as the pope spoke.

A longer version of the Pope’s annual message was sent to heads of
state, government and non-governmental organizations on December 14th.

Reuters reports
that in that message “the Pope called for a new economic model and
ethical regulations for markets, saying the global financial crisis was
proof that capitalism does not protect the weakest members of society.”

The pope said economic models that seek maximum profit and
consumption and encourage competition at all costs had failed to look
after the basic needs of many and could sow social unrest.

“It is alarming to see hotbeds of tension and conflict caused by
growing instances of inequality between rich and poor, by the prevalence
of a selfish and individualistic mindset which also finds expression in
an unregulated financial capitalism.”

The pope said people, groups and institutions were needed to foster
human creativity, to draw lessons from the crisis and to create a new
economic model.

Pope Benedict Slams Capitalism, Economic Inequality | Common Dreams.

thanks to:http://2012indyinfo.com

terbo56

terbo56

The only time you'll see a 'd-bag in a robe-

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum