Posted on June 4, 2023
By Dmitry Orlov
On February 24, 2022, in the midst of launching the Special Military Operation, Putin dropped a truth bomb:
«Сами американские политики, политологи и журналисты пишут и говорят о том, что внутри США создана в последние годы настоящая империя лжи. Трудно с этим не согласиться, так оно и есть.»
“American politicians, political scientists and journalists themselves write and talk about the fact that a real empire of lies has been created inside the United States in recent years. It’s hard to disagree with that, that’s the way it is.”The only part of this statement with which I might take issue is “in recent years.”
The US has been fed on a steady diet of lies since its inception: that the Plymouth Plantation was created by Pilgrims rather than colonizers; that they celebrated Thanksgiving with the local Algonquians (whose kitchen gardens they looted and who despised them); that the American revolution was anything more than a tax revolt and that the Boston Tea Party was over tea rather than opium; that the American Civil War was over slavery rather than industrialization (British vs. North American); that the Americans rather than the Soviets won World War II; that Americans had been to the moon five times rather than zero…
It’s possible to go on in this vein virtually ad infinitum.Over the years I’ve tackled a lot of these hoaxes one by one, including such novelties as the Ozone hoax (which disappeared as soon as the Dupont patent on non-CFC refrigerant expired), the CO2 hoax (still going strong while we wait for the collapse of the Green Energy scam). The gender scam (the notion that normal, healthy mammals can be anything other than male or female) is still a bit too hot to handle, although it is showing signs of being ready to implode on its own (Bud Lite, anyone?).
What definitely got Putin’s attention was the statement issued by the White House on September 2, 2020, on the 75th anniversary of the ending of World War II, part of which read as follows: “The American victory on September 2, 1945, marked the end of the most devastating war in history, securing peace and freedom across the globe.” What?! Americans won World War II? Who knew?
Here, the case that the Americans are lying (again) is quite easy to make. There were two major theaters of war in World War II: Europe and Asia. In Europe the war ended when the Red Army entered Berlin and mounted the victory flag on the Reichstag on May 1, 1945. In Asia the war ended when the Red Army flushed the Japanese Kwantung Army out of the mainland and accepted Gen. Yamada Otozo’s surrender on August 16, 1945, a day after Emperor Hirohito capitulated. The idea that American or British participation in either of those conflicts was somehow consequential or decisive is fanciful.In the east, Hirohito’s signing of the “Instrument of Surrender” on September 2, 1945 was pure theater. It was the Soviet blitzkrieg on the mainland, not the American island-hopping, aerial bombardment or even the two atomic blasts, that made Japan’s surrender inevitable. Here is a nice map of the main event:
more, it is sufficient to look at some dates. The fate of the Third Reich was sealed at Stalingrad on February 2, 1943. After that, all that remained was for the Red Army to liberate a huge amount of territory. Only 16 months later, on June 6, 1944, did the US and Britain saw it fit to enter the conflict by staging the Normandy invasion. Since most of the German troops, along with plenty of other Western Europeans who had volunteered to fight for Hitler, were tied up on the eastern front, the American and British takeover of everything west of Berlin was pretty much a cakewalk. Nevertheless, they took care to bomb quite a few German medieval cities, barbarous destruction being a calling card of theirs. Here is how matters stood on the eastern front on the day of the Normandy invasion: the entirety of the USSR had already been liberated and the liberation of Warsaw was in progress.
There are all sorts of lies, from the ridiculous (“I didn’t know the homework was assigned, so I didn’t do it, then I lost it, and then my dog ate it!”) to the sublime (“You are the most beautiful woman I have every laid my eyes on!”). But some lies are existentially important, to the point that no further dialogue, polite or otherwise, is possible, and “Americans won World War II”, if you happen to be Russian, is just such a lie.You may want to find out the truth yourself, just to become clear in your own mind as to what really happened.
Alas, the vast majority of what you can read about World War II in English is, again, packed with lies. If your country, from its inception, has subsisted on a steady diet of lies, then attempting to find out the truth becomes something of a fool’s errand. All that’s left to do is to process the consequences of that great, existential lie.nd the consequences are guaranteed to be dire. The Russians sat up and took notice, and an entire great raft of lavishly financed American propaganda went up in smoke. All of those American lies, many more than the ones I listed here, have been put on display, bantered about and laughed at.
- They suddenly remembered that the Americans make pathetic soldiers and have consecutively lost Korea, Vietnam, Iraq (to Iran), Afghanistan, Syria and are now busy losing their proxy war in the former Ukraine.
- They realized that the American military (and all of NATO with it) is a hopeless, pathetic, overpriced boondoggle, still capable of causing wanton destruction and dangerous because of all of its toys that go “Bang!” but utterly incapable of winning the peace.They have been watching with great interest the overwhelming criminality and corruption of the American (and with it the European) ruling class that’s been bubbling up to the surface of late and taking note of the fact that nothing is being done about any of that: the Clintons, and the Bidens, and a whole mob of crooked Feds, are still not in jail!
- They remembered that it is the Russians who are the best soldiers in the world, followed by the Ukrainians (since they are also Russian, but they made the bad mistake of turning on Russia and most of their great soldiers are now dead). If you have any doubts about this, take a look at this map. It shows the extent of the Russians’ natural habitat. Only the Russians, with a population smaller than Bangladesh, are capable of defending such a vast area.
- From publicly available documents they learned what it is that the Americans want to do with them: the Americans want to break up Russia into small, easily digestible pieces. Needless to say, they didn’t much like the idea. But this gave them an idea they did like: what if the US were broken up into individual states and counties? Of course, they wouldn’t be the ones to do it, being otherwise engaged. But what if the Americans were to do this to themselves?
- And then they noticed, to their great surprise, that the Americans do seem to be heading in that general direction all on their own, without anyone’s help: bankrupting themselves by making their dollar toxic and imposing ridiculous economic sanctions on themselves, stirring up rancor and disunity over silly issues such as “gender” and losing friends and influence left and right through their arrogance, ignorance and deceit. They even provide their enemies with teachable moments, such as holding a G7 meeting in Hiroshima, like a criminal returning to the scene of a crime, while refusing to apologize for the entirely unnecessary atrocity they had committed there.
And then the Russians realized what it is they have to do to achieve their desired end: they have to wait.
THANKS TO: https://stuartbramhall.wordpress.com/