Tony on PTR CC today....
EMAILED TO ME: John MacHaffie
1. Coins were distributed to merchants on Thursday 03/28 along with other lower denoms
2. People who were to get paid April 1 did not get paid
3. Smart cards have been delayed to April 3rd
4. Kuwait emir will come to Baghdad on Wednesday April 3rd
5. Budget has not been implemented, but it has been published.
6. Iraq television is telling people that budget will be opened on Wednesday
7. His contacts in Iraq are expecting it any day this week...sooner rather than later
8. His merchant contacts had complained and were told that it will revalue on Tuesday April 2nd.
9. Tony is hearing from many sources the same thing....regarding 24-48 hours
Hey guys, have you heard of this USB stick for free television anywhere there is internet connection?
By Marc Snaid. Posted 01 April 2013
New Iraqi Dinar to Change World Banking
The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has announced that the introduction of the new Iraqi currency has been further delayed due to teething problems with the cutting-edge technology that it will employ. Radical new functionality including fingerprint recognition and near-field communication (NFC) promises to create a world-leading new monetary system, which will be the envy of governments around the world. Continue reading here.
Posted by John MacHaffie at 2:08 PM