How to Raise an Awakened Child
June 2nd, 2015
Did you know that in some ancient cultures it would actually, in a sense, be grieved when a child was born and the village would cry? This was because it was understood that as the child was born into the earth plane, their spirit was transitioning out of the realm of truth and timelessness and into an experience of limitations and time.
Whether or not each of us individually is parent, it is true for all of us that the future always rests with our children, the children of the world as a whole. Because this is so, they are our most precious asset and most worth of the best we have to offer them. It is a beautiful intention to raise a child with awareness and in order to do so we need to remind ourselves of a few important truths. The reality of it is that we as the parents, very often, are the ones who need the guidance even before we can give it. Here are 5 important things to remember for raising a conscious child:
1. We are Their Guardians not Owners: while we use the terminology ‘my daughter’, ‘my son’, or ‘my child’, the reality is that our children do not belong to us. The great poet Khalil Gibran said, “Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of life’s longing for itself.” If we can understand and embrace this fundamental truth, we can serve as springboards and foundations while allowing our children liberation. Seek to be a support network rather than control them. Help them blossom into their own authenticity.
2. It is Our Children Who Raise Us: Although we give birth to them, children are an extension of our own higher minds. We often feel that we must teach our children. But to teach is a word deriving from a Latin root which means to bring out. We must learn to listen to what our children want, desire, and need at a core level. Our demands on our children can become heavy burdens to them. All we can do is our best to support their core needs. Listen to the new information that children are capable of downloading.
3. Create a Positive Environment: Until the age of 7, children are virtual sponges and they have no filter. They absorb absolutely everything in their environment, the good, the bad, and everything in between. This is also why they are constantly asking questions, they do not have a filter as we do. They need a nurturing, safe, and warm environment in which they can flourish and grow. When they ask a question, really go deeper into it with them and find out the root of their curiosity. Appreciate them for the human that they are. See your child with unconditional positive regard and with compassion.
4. Create Time & Intimacy With Your Children: Close the gap of outside influences in the world by giving them of yourself. They will blossom if they are nourished with attention, care, good food, beautiful energy, and inspiration. This starts with finding time for yourself and modeling good self-care, because ultimately we are leading by example.
5. Give Them the Life You Wish You Had: Each generation is an upgrade. We have the power to not put our children through things we went through if we take the time to reflect and to connect with those wishes and desires that were left unfulfilled as a child. We are karmically tied to our children. What this means is that as a guardian, we will always be connected to the backlash and repercussions of their life choices. Ultimately we are in the position to be a mirror of the true greatness of who our children.
This list originated from Infinite Waters. My favorite quote on this topic is “All children are amazing if they are given the right environment. If they are given a mirror to see their true worth,” therefore ask yourself, “Am I conscious? Am I allowing my child to reveal themself to me?”
Check out the rest of this inspirational discussion here:
Thanks to: http://www.ewao.com