OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Snake Oil Salesmen  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snake Oil Salesmen

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Snake Oil Salesmen  Empty Snake Oil Salesmen Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:22 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Snake Oil Salesmen  Snake_oil-800x445

Snake Oil Salesmen

March 3, 2016 Mike Walsh

Many of us recall those old Western movies. A covered wagon rolls into town and the townsfolk gather around. They are interested as to who their visitor is. You didn’t get many newcomers back in those days; maybe two or three each year. The wagon’s canvas would be drawn aside and a well-oiled, not in the inebriated sense, salesman would appear. Very much like a politician at the hustings he would peddle his remedies to his trusting audience.
Snake Oil Salesmen  Snake-oil-salesman-bigNaturally, the community would be beset by health ailments as such are part of the human condition. You can assume that if you ask ten people, of whatever age, they each have one ailment or several.
What a stupendous market for the unscrupulous. The salesmen would carry bottles of what became known as snake oil, hence the term snake oil salesmen. It was a potion that would cure anything from varicose veins to galloping pi-aka.
Whatever ailed you this magical elixir would cure; toothache, a splintered femur or broken heart. This was quite some potion. The credulous townsfolk parted with their hard earned cash and the deceitful snake oil salesman soon afterwards parted himself from the community he had just cheated.
This brings me to the pharmaceuticals. Second only to the arms industry in terms of clout big-pharma are self-serving. True, I and countless others owe our lives to dedicated medical personnel aided by their life-saving drugs. But, many modern remedies have their genesis in herbal medicine. There are alternatives to conventional medicines. You can’t beat healthy living as much bad health is self-inflicted.
I was once prone to mouth ulcers. Doctors and dentists agreed that like coughs and colds, suppressants could be purchased but there was no cure, so they said. I kept buying expensive snake oil remedies.
On a hunch I had an herbalist take a blood test. There was, he told me, an excess of acid in my blood. The test was followed by a word of dietary advice, a natural remedy to reduce the acid and the problem was forever fixed. My herbalist is a poor man. He could have made much more money by selling me placebos.
For six weeks, my infant sons were close to death from the effects of whooping cough. The conventional health service was as useless as a walking stick with a wheel on it. Would an herbalist be able to help? A swift diagnosis and herbal remedy provided. It was like the laying on of the hands.
Snake Oil Salesmen  Drugs_and_MoneyLittle wonder the pharmaceuticals are out to kill alternative medicines. During the post-war rise of the pharmaceutical conglomerates the U.S population has become the most diseased of all those countries that compile medical records. One quarter of America’s 330 million populations suffer serious disease and 400,000 die each year from fatty plaque related heart disease. Not much of a big-pharma success story is it?
Big pharma are not charitable concerns. The pharmaceuticals are literally making a killing. Their purpose is to maximise profits. You don’t do this by finding antidotes. The ‘elusive cure’ for cancer is a trillion dollar a year industry.
Work it out for yourself: In the United States the number of advertisements for pharmaceutical cures is equalled by the number of adverts placed by ambulance-chasing lawyers seeking compensation from the pharmaceuticals for getting it wrong. As economist John Maynard Keynes observed,
Capitalism is the extraordinary belief that the nastiest of men for the nastiest of motives will somehow work for the benefit of all.

Thanks to: http://renegadetribune.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum