Latest topics
» MARS, a mysterious "box" is photographed by the Rover Spirit
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 6:02 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UFO News ~ Black Triangular UFO Filmed Over The Ocean Near The Meeting Island In Saint Pierre, Canada plus MORE
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Body Language: Trump Vs Military–Industrial Complex
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 4:32 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Who Made Ollantaytambo's Water Temple?
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 10:02 am by PurpleSkyz

» Sky-watcher captures two odd flashes next to the Orion Constellation
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:56 am by PurpleSkyz

» How CBD Oil Can Help You Fight Insomnia
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:53 am by PurpleSkyz

» 500 Scientists Sign Letter to UN: ‘There Is No Climate Emergency’
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:51 am by PurpleSkyz

» Arrest Of 750 Child Protesters In Hong Kong Sparks Outrage
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:44 am by PurpleSkyz

» UPDATES - Is PG&E Causing the California Wildfires? plus MORE
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:41 am by PurpleSkyz

» Benjamin blablabla Fulford 10-14-19… Historic changes unfold worldwide as Zionist project collapses
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyToday at 9:16 am by PurpleSkyz

» POOPness for OCT 13: NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN SHEETS THANKS TO YOUR DONATIONS SUCKAS!!! AHAHAHA
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyYesterday at 7:49 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Tic Tac Witnesses Kevin Day Interview
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyYesterday at 5:18 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Truthfulness: The Silent Act of Power
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyYesterday at 4:11 pm by PurpleSkyz

» 25% Of Americans Have ‘Never Eaten A Vegetable’, Survey Reveals WAIT... WHAT???
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyYesterday at 3:21 pm by PurpleSkyz

» UK mom sues Tavistock children’s clinic over ‘misleading’ and ‘experimental’ gender change treatments
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college EmptyYesterday at 3:16 pm by PurpleSkyz

PLEASE VISIT
CannaBananaDaze
CBD/THC OIL INFO
www.cannabananadaze.com

MEDICAL & REC
GROWING TIPS & MORE
CURE YOURSELF!

You are not connected. Please login or register

OUT OF MIND » FEEL GOOD ~ BODY & MIND » RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS » Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college

Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college
Posted on July 17, 2016 by DCG

Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college Fred-barley
Fred Barley/Facebook photo
From Fox News: More than $150,000 dollars have been raised for a Georgia 19-year-old who was found sleeping in a tent outside the gates of his college last weekend. 
Fred Barley, who is homeless, was discovered by two police officers responding to a trespassing call near a parking lot at Gordon State College in Barnesville. He told the officers he had ridden his little brother’s bicycle six hours to register for classes for his second semester of college. 
In addition to the bike, Barley had two duffel bags containing all his wordly possessions and two gallons of water. All he had to eat, according to a report by WSB, was a box of cereal.
“After meeting Fred, I could tell he was a good kid,” Gordon State College Police Officer Dicky Carreker told the Barnesville Herald-Gazette. “He was a young kid who had been dealt a bad hand and was trying to make the best out of it. All he wanted was a job.
Carreker and Barnesville Police Officer Maria Gebelein told Barley he couldn’t stay in the tent, but they knew someplace he could stay. The officers brought Barley to a nearby motel and paid for two nights accomodation.
“The stuff that’s happening with police officers, I am black and he didn’t care what color I was,” Barley told WSB. “He just helped me, and that meant a lot.”
The story, however, doesn’t end there. After Carreker posted the story on Facebook, members of the community rallied behind Barley. A GoFundMe page on Barley’s behalf had raised $150,000 dollars as of Saturday afternoon. 
The owner of a local pizzeria hired him as a dishwasher and promised to work around his class scheduled (Barley wants to major in biology). Other residents have donated clothes, food and a new bike.
“I was not expecting any of this support and am in awe of how this community has come together to help me,” Barley told the Herald-Gazette. “I was just trying to go to school, find a job and make it on my own. Now it seems as though I am part of a new community and have a new family.”
DCG

Thanks to: https://fellowshipoftheminds.com

Honeybee63

Wow!

This is what is needed in this world, people helping people!  Bravo to this community who took the initiative to help a fellow human being...regardless of color, etc.

This should become viral around the world to show what each of us can do!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum