OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
International Women's March 1/21/2017 EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

International Women's March 1/21/2017

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1International Women's March 1/21/2017 Empty International Women's March 1/21/2017 Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:28 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

International Women's March 1/21/2017 Hqdefault

https://youtu.be/JwUAo2YndMM

https://youtu.be/GPpzKSp4vMs

So who is going to the Women's March on DC - 1/21/2017?

International Women's March 1/21/2017 Avatar_156976
By cassandraX  

International Women's March 1/21/2017 15039720_10101535643495317_8632359972475762615_o

I am.
Here’s a link to the Facebook page: www.facebook.com/...
My friend and I had hoped to go to Hillary Clinton’s Inauguration on the 20th. Instead, we and some friends and students are going to DC anyway that weekend, but now we go to gather at the Lincoln Memorial with women, men, and children from all across the country. From there, we march.
We have booked seats on the Rally bus. I recommend it: no driving, no hotel, and bathrooms are provided on the long-haul buses:
rallybus.net/…
You can go to the website and search for a bus departure point near you. This is a professional organization that has provided transportation from around the country to DC rallies for a few years now, so they probably know how to do this. The owners are particularly committed to this march.
WHY MARCH?
Mainly, to make a statement that we do not intend to see progress rolled back—because that is what a Trump administration will attempt to do, no doubts about it. Any Republican administration would. This one, however, as everyone should know by now, comes with some virulently racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, and homophobic players—all led by an apparently unhinged strongman/child at the top. 
This is a women-led march, but it’s for all progressive people and about all progressive issues.
Many issues, many freedoms are at stake. Pick one close to your heart (see below) and make a sign. March. Meet cool people from around the country who share your concerns. Network. Come home an activist with real stuff to do. This is what it will take for us to fight for progress in a regressive regime.
WILL IT BE COLD? Probably.
My 62 year-old aching arthritic ass (and broken foot) will leave Pittsburgh on 1/21 at 4:30 a.m. on the Rally Bus and return at midnight. I will be cold, head-to-toe sore, tired and happy as all hell because I will have done SOMETHING big enough to express my horror that we are about to suffer four years under the “leadership” of an unfit and regressive administration that is sure to do serious harm to the environment, reproductive rights, civil rights, scientific advances in general, the social safety net, and, oh, lots of stuff. Lots and lots of stuff that we will really miss. Think of something or someone you love and respect. Now think of how that someone or something will likely fare under this administration…. See?
I’m marching—peacefully—to let Trump and his minions know that I don’t appreciate their taking our stuff: our civil rights and human rights, our safety net, anything good and decent about America that is still standing after this fucking apocalyptic election.
I’m a lesbian, so I care deeply about the equality and welfare of my LGBTQ community. But I’m also a teacher, so I’m marching for my African-American students and my International students, many of whom are Muslim or Hindu. I’m marching for my disabled students and my female students.
We all have people and principles we care deeply about and wish to protect in the coming years. We won’t give up all the progress made in the past few years quietly. We are mobilizing even now to get it all back—and then some. After all, there is a ton of unfinished business. And this march on the first full day of Trump’s godforsaken presidency is just the beginning. It will be a massive statement but also it can serve as a galvanizing force behind renewed efforts for more progress, not less. We keep reaching for what is right during the Trump years—with renewed energy and sharper focus.
GOING?
Women's March on Washington - National Page
Rally Bus to Women's March on Washington
And if you are going, this is as important as wearing comfy shoes and layers: LEARN HOW TO PROTEST EFFECTIVELY.
Covering your face and throwing molotov cocktails? Not so effective.
Nonviolent protest is the key. Think of it as performance art. Make your statement as strongly and peacefully as possible. More people will hear you then. Effective protests win over more bystanders than they alienate.
Here’s a good article on this by Jesse Singal:
"How to Organize a Successful Protest"
Taken together, then, all this research points to three general rules for the organizers of the D.C. protests, as well as the other protests that are likely to crop up in the days ahead:
1. Trump can be useful as a galvanizing force, but keep things focused on whatever your particular issue is. That issue will be around long after Trump is gone, and will, in many cases, require forms of activism and advocacy that have little to do with the man himself. The goal should be to give people ways to make progress on the specific issue threatened by Trump, not to protest the man himself endlessly.
2. Make everyone who is interested in your cause, or who exhibits curiosity about it, feel welcome. Other than wanting to help, there should be almost zero prerequisites. If someone doesn't speak the lingo, or doesn't know what intersectionality is, or anything else — it doesn't matter — they can still contribute. And the more you can make activism part of their social life, the more of a meaningful role you can give them, the more likely they will be to stick around and to spread the word. Education on specific ideological issues can always come later.
3. Stay nonviolent. At a time when passions are high there is a real potential for backlash. There are times when disruptive protests can be strategically deployed, but nonviolence is key.
For those who are unhappy that Trump was elected, the easy part — the donations, the Facebook and Twitter posts, the initial broadcasting of outrage and solidarity — is over. Actual resistance, actual organizing, is harder. "I think that the evidence across the political spectrum is that you need to get people involved beyond just their computers and beyond just sending in money to have any impact," said Fisher. And that takes difficult, careful, on-the-ground-work. Luckily, activists aren't starting from square one. Anyone who does their homework will know which tactics are likely to work, and which are more likely to flame out.
Hope to see y’all there.

Thanks to: http://www.dailykos.com

2International Women's March 1/21/2017 Empty Re: International Women's March 1/21/2017 Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:41 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

The Women’s March on January 21, 2017
International Women's March 1/21/2017 Womens-march-e1484597037433

The Women’s March on January 21, 2017 Posted January 15, 2017 by admin@interfaith

International Women's March 1/21/2017 Womens-march
Achieving Our Full Selves by Fully Embracing Each Other
The Women’s March on January 21, 2017, is a women-led movement bringing together women, men and children of all genders, ages, races, cultures, political affiliations and backgrounds who stand for human rights, civil liberties, diversity, and compassion for our shared humanity.  We will gather in community to find healing and strength through peace, civility and compassion.
The Interfaith Peace Project has been committed to women’s equality, respect and dignity from our beginning.  Some of us will be participating in a Women’s March on January 21, 2017 and we invite you to join us in Washington, D.C., Walnut Creek, CA, or in a march near you.

• Washington, D.C.:  10:00 AM at Independence Avenue and Third Avenue SW.  Contact Rev. Andrea Goodman at [url=tel:%28415%29 517-1646]415-517-1646[/url].

• Walnut Creek, CA:  10:30 AM in Walnut Creek Civic Park, Civic Drive & N Broadway.  Contact Thomas P. Bonacci, C.P. at [url=tel:%28925%29 787-9279]925-787-9279[/url] or June Kirk at [url=tel:%28925%29 325-0144]925-325-0144[/url].

Sister marches are planned in communities throughout the United States and around the world.  Use this link to find a march near you:  https://www.womensmarch.com/sisters
Please let us know if and where you are participating in a march.  We would love photos to post on our website.  If you cannot join a march, please pray in solidarity for our shared humanity on January 21st.
Peace,
Rev. Andrea Goodman, President
On behalf of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director
and the Women’s Circle of The Interfaith Peace Project

Thanks to: http://www.interfaithpeaceproject.org

topspin2

Diversity is overrated! Diversity and political correctness just hide the truth.....I live in a politically correct town that praises diversity. They praise helping the less fortunate......except we dont have any less fortunate.....nor do we have any black or puerto ricans......This town is the typical liberal town......mindless bodies that cant even cross a street without permission. Once I pulled the charitable contributions of two local synagogues....guess what.....these left leaning charitable folks only donated to other Jews...Thats right...100% of their contributions went to jewish families.....Hmmmmm to that....Ok I am done.......lol...and by the way...did anyone see any gold fringe around the flag at the inauguration ...I for one saw none......

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

YES! Interesting that you noticed that also! So does this mean we are back into the Republic?

To me these woman's protest marches set up across the globe today is yet more divide and conquer. Solves nothing, proves nothing.

5International Women's March 1/21/2017 Empty Re: International Women's March 1/21/2017 Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:41 am

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

International Women's March 1/21/2017 16252386_1715736918452416_5588229419825021458_o

International Women's March 1/21/2017 16115021_10154722882481638_5003990000739507631_n

Guess women do not care all that much about the environment at all from the looks of things today!!!

6International Women's March 1/21/2017 Empty Re: International Women's March 1/21/2017 Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:00 pm

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Women’s March: But what’s underneath “feminism”?
Posted on January 22, 2017 by Ann Kreilkamp
Re: “politics”: the ongoing torquing of mind and sensibility has left me splayed out, flabbergasted. How to compute? For example: I used to follow “left-wing progressive” alt-news websites — until they seemed to unite with the MSM in the shameless promotion of Hillary for President. Thus, at some point within the past year or so, I found myself, to my dismay, switching to some commentators on Fox News! and even to Alex Jones infowars! What? These alt-right websites, formerly anathema to me, were and are “pro-Trump.” I’m not pro-Trump either, though I sure prefer the uncertainty of whatever he will bring to what Hillary would have done to keep the status quo cemented into place.
Meanwhile, the beat goes on. Now we have the massive Women’s March on the day after Trump’s inauguration, springing up in hundreds of cities and towns not only here, but across the world, inspiring an estimated four million people to get up off their couches. Even Jackson Wyoming, my old stomping grounds, drew hundreds of people off their skiis.
International Women's March 1/21/2017 16195127_10154979409558804_8204868856593531215_n
My response to this is ambivalence. On the one hand I laud those who get off their couches to join with others in common cause for respecting the sovereignty of women, their bodies, and Mother Earth. On the other hand, I am concerned that “identity politics” (gender, including the supposed blending of genders, being one of them) are being used to divide us further, as usual. And worse; for example, today’s infowars headline: Harpies Shriek Following Trump Nomination 
Such low-form misogyny! I thought that aspect of the anti-feminist animus had spent itself decades ago.
Of course I’m  still a “feminist.” And yet, given that feminism seems to be now identified with “We came, we saw, he died” Hillary, I’m very concerned that the current conflation of feminism with Hillary is still determined to take Trump down.  Not that I love Trump, but I am excited that his enormous, seemingly “god-like” presence on the world stage appears to be shaking up absolutely everything and everyone. Because we need that shakeup, as we blindly feel our way forward into a very uncertain future.
Meanwhile, let me close this post with a bit of nostalgia. Here’s the photo that appeared on the cover of Life Magazine in 1969 with a teeshirt to which a fist had been silkscreened.
International Women's March 1/21/2017 15951926_10208147686071860_6917239665747763467_n
The graphic designer and wearer of that fist was the young man and Harvard student Ray Frieden who, along with his wife Nancy, were and are my oldest friends in Massachusetts from our years in Cambridge (1965-1972), where of course, Nancy and I transformed into ardent feminists.
Here’s Ray now, with one of his grandchildren.
International Women's March 1/21/2017 16003117_10208166872111499_5944901024549935065_n
But is there something even more basic than feminism? Even more worthy of devotion? Yes. I want to burrow underneath feminism, underneath any and all our “isms,” those superficial mind-created forms that function also as barriers pretending to divide this from that. Yes. Let us descend into the heaving, swelling, nourishing life force that drives my body, your body, every animal, insect, bird, plant, tree, the soil, the water, the Earth, the Sun and Moon, the wheeling galaxies both seen and unseen! Yes. Underneath the divisions, underneath the divisiveness that so powers today’s politics, let us feel our way forward, aware of every heartbeat, every breath, sensing ourselves as each a vast, brilliant, pinpoint presence of the one living loving Being that powers the universe.

Thanks to: https://www.exopermaculture.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum