OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression

Dietary supplements formulated with highly bioavailable curcumin may allow for faster recovery after competition-level training, and blunt training-related decreases in performance , says new data presented at Experimental Biology.

Powdered turmeric has been used for centuries to treat a host of illnesses. It inhibits inflammatory reactions, has anti-diabetic effects, reduces cholesterol among other powerful health effects. A recent study led by a research team in Munich showed that it can also inhibit formation of metastases.

Dietary supplements formulated with highly bioavailable curcumin may allow for faster recovery after competition-level training, and blunt training-related decreases in performance , says new data presented at Experimental Biology.

Curcumin Reduces Anxiety and Depression Even In People With Major Depression  Curcumin

Using OmniActive's supplement ingredient, scientists reported that supplementation for eight weeks resulted in significant reductions in levels of creatine kinase, a marker of muscle damage, while self-reported pain scores were also significantly lower 24 hours post-exercise.

A daily 200 mg dose of curcuminoids (in the form of 1,000 mg supplement) was also associated with a decrease in performance declines observed during.

"These data suggest that high dose bioavailable curcumin (200 mg curcuminoids) attenuates performance decrements following downhill running, eccentric loading, which may improve subsequent adaptations to chronic training," wrote the researchers in the FASEB Journal .

Dr Ralf Jager from Wisconsin-based Increnovo and co-author on the study reports, explained that curcumin's sports nutrition benefits were linked to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory potential.

Muscle Damage Study

The researchers recruited 59 moderately trained men and 29 women with an average age of 21 to participate in their double-blind, randomized, placebo controlled parallel design study. The participants were randomly assigned to receive 250 mg or 1,000 mg of supplement or placebo per day for eight weeks.

The data indicated that, following muscle-damaging exercise, the high dose curcumin group experienced significantly lower pain scores, while increases in creatine kinase (CK) levels were also significantly reduced compared to placebo, when the baseline CK value is held constant at the mean.

"These data demonstrate curcuminoids reduce muscle damage and improve muscle soreness in healthy young subjects following a bout of muscle damaging exercise. Faster recovery allows for consistent training at competition intensity and might lead to enhanced adaptation rate and performance," they wrote in the FASEB Journal .

Performance

A separate analysis was done with 62 men and women randomly assigned to 250 mg or 1,000 mg of supplement per day or placebo. After eight weeks the subjects performced downhill running, which promotes muscle damage.

The results showed that performance declined significantly in both the placebo and low-dose curcumin group, but such declined were attenuated in the high-dose curcumin group.

"Further study is warranted in other exercise types (i.e. resistance training) and chronically," wrote the researchers.

The studies were performed by scientists from Increnovo, Texas Christian University, the University of Arkansas, Massey University, and Summit Analytical, LLC.

Thanks to: http://www.riseearth.com

MartyM

MartyM

OK, nothing unusual I know, but I'm confused... Though I'm a big fan of Turmeric/Curcumin and use it daily, the term " highly bioavailable curcumin" seems to me from all I've read and heard, to be a contradiction to reality. Every source I've come across raves about it except that it is NOT easily absorbed (bioavailable) which is why it is usually parred with something like 'Bioperene' (black pepper) to make it more Bioavailable.
  If anyone has a better source of a form of this that may actually be more absorbable, I'd love to hear about it. Also anyones thoughts on the 'Turmeric / Curcumin' controversy. I know Curcumin is said to be the 'Active ingredient' in turmeric that does anything, but I've read some that say the whole herb is of value and my thought is that perhaps using the whole herb requires less processing (better product) and I've not heard anyone come out and say there is any negative impact in using the whole herb....  :headscratching

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum