October 17, 2017
One of the essential components to a happy life is being open-minded. While ignorance is bliss, you’ll never be able to have the full life experience if you don’t open your mind up to new things.
Being open-minded is an important part of living a fulfilling life. As humans, there is no possible way that we can know everything. Just like you don’t know if you don’t like a food until you try it. Not being open minded is one of the worst qualities a person can have. ignorance is bliss because they won’t open their mind up to things they don’t want to. It causes your life perception to become very one-sided and bland. Everything starts to look and feel the same if you don’t’ let yourself be open to trying new things. Open minded people are some of the best people there are, and if you have these traits, you’re considered to be an open-minded person.
1. Willing to AcceptPeople who are open-minded are willing to accept the things they cannot change. They are aware that life is never going to go the way you fully want or expect it to. Being able to accept the things you can’t change can be the one thing holding you back from happiness. If you’re constantly focused on changing something you don’t like, it shades your perception of the good things in life.
2. They Embrace ChangeWhile sometimes change can be scary, they fully embrace it with open arms. This is because they are aware that life is rapidly changing and there is no stopping it. You might as well figure out a way to enjoy it!
3. They’re CuriousOpen minded people are probably so open-minded because of their curiosity. Curious people are likely to be open-minded, because they wonder about new things. They try to pursue things in life they never have before and they’re not afraid to get to the bottom of things.
4. They Try New ThingsPeople who are open minded love to try new things, go new places and eat new foods. They are aware that their truly favorite things are out there waiting to be discovered. They don’t like to waste time waiting around – they like to get out there and try new things.
5. They’re Not JudgmentalBeing open-minded means that you are fully aware that you can’t understand everything and everyone are different for their own reasons. Open minded people do not judge because they instead think about what might’ve influenced that person to be different. It fascinates them, not repulse them.
6. They ListenThey listen to other people when they are talking. They don’t listen to reply, they listen to learn about the other person. They’re uninterested upholding a pointless conversation. They’d rather have a meaningful one and learn about the other person truly.
7. They Don’t Label PeopleJust like they don’t judge, open-minded people refuse to give people labels. They don’t just see others for their outside characteristics. They see people for the special and individual beings they are.
8. They Live in The MomentOpen minded people don’t just dwell on the past or try to set up their future. They live in the moment and really embrace the now.
9. They Turn Wounds Into WisdomThey do not dwell on their past mistakes, and give themselves hell for messing up. Instead they turn it into a learning experience, and move on.
10. They Use Struggles as OpportunitiesLike they turn wounds into wisdom, open minded people tend to learn from, their struggles. They use all the rough patches in life as a way to grow stronger and learn more about themselves. It’s all just strength training!
11. They Love With Their Whole HeartOpen minded people aren’t afraid to give their heart to another person. They love deeply and truly, and they are always great friends to have. They will always have their loved one’s backs. They might get hurt from time to time, but it never stops them from loving with a passion.
Thanks to: http://awakeandaware.ca