OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud? EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do I do if I suspect that a charity (or a 501c3 like David Shilcock's) is a fraud?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

What do I do if I suspect that a charity is a fraud?

If you are suspicious of an organization or believe you have become a victim of a charity scam, several web sites and organizations can help and are listed below.
There are public sources available to assist in determining whether a specific charity is legitimately registered with the appropriate state and federal agencies. To locate information such as exempt status, financial filings and other pertinent details, you can refer to our Knowledge Base article, How can I find information about a particular (non-grantmaking) charity?
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides an online Charity Checklist with useful advice designed to help you determine whether the charity in question is a legitimate one.

Have a question about this topic? Ask us!

Candid's Online Librarian service will answer your questions within two business days.
Ask us

Este artículo está disponible en español

See spanish version

Explore resources curated by our staff for this topic:

Staff-recommended websites

• Staff pick Federal Trade Commission

Avoid Charity Scams

Information to help donors give wisely. Links to other charity-monitoring organizations.
  • Staff pick

BBB Wise Giving Alliance

Collects and distributes information on hundreds of nonprofit organizations that solicit nationally or that have national or international program services. Site includes: Charity Reports and Standards; Tips on Giving; and an online process to file an inquiry or complaint about a charity.
  • Federal Trade Commission

Before Giving to a Charity

The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation's consum­er protection agency, recommends taking these precautions to ensure that your donation dollars benefit the people and organizations you want to help.
  • National Consumers League

Fraud.org

A great place to learn how not to be a victim. Offers specific info on different kinds of fraud and provides an online complaint form to report suspected fraudulent activity.
  • US Government

Grant Fraud and Scams

Information on grant fraud from the US government.
  • Great Nonprofits

Allows you to read firsthand reviews by a nonprofits' clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
  • Staff pick IRS

How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?

If you suspect or know of an individual or organization that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A.
  • National Association of State Charity Officials (NASCO)

Links to state offices that regulate charitable organizations and charitable solicitations.
  • Venable LLP

Preventing and Investigating Fraud,Embezzlement,and Charitable Asset Diversion: What's a Nonprofit Board to Do?

A lengthy, detailed guide to investigating or preventing fraud or embezzlement in a nonprofit. Written by a lawyer with a lot of nonprofit experience.
  • Harbor Compliance

State Charitable Solicitation Authorities

This table provides contact information for the agency in each state that monitors charitable solicitation by nonprofit organizations or fundraising consultants.
  • Staff pick IRS

Tax Exempt Organization Search

Online search tool that allows users to select an exempt organization and check information about: its eligibility to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions; automatic revocation of tax-exempt status for not filing 990s; whether it has filed a Form 990-N.

https://learning.candid.org/resources/knowledge-base/charity-fraud/

Thanks to Spudwife for the forward! and thanks to: https://learning.candid.org

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum