OUT OF MIND
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Is it possible to apply positive + in favor Newton III Motion Law as a dynamic system in a motor engine
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm by globalturbo

» Meta 1 Coin Scam Update - Robert Dunlop Arrested
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 12:14 am by RamblerNash

» As We Navigate Debs Passing
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm by Ponee

» 10/7 — Much More Dangerous & Diabolical Than Anyone Knows
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 8:30 pm by KennyL

» Sundays and Deb.....
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptySun Oct 01, 2023 9:11 pm by NanneeRose

» African Official Exposes Bill Gates’ Depopulation Agenda: ‘My Country Is Not Your Laboratory’
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 4:39 am by NanneeRose

» DEBS HEALTH
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 10:23 am by ANENRO

» Attorney Reveals the “Exculpatory” Evidence Jack Smith Possesses that Exonerates President Trump
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:48 am by ANENRO

» Update From Site Owner to Members & Guests
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyTue Aug 29, 2023 10:47 am by ANENRO

» New global internet censorship began today
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 9:25 am by NanneeRose

» Alienated from reality
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why does Russia now believe that Covid-19 was a US-created bioweapon?
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 4:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

»  Man reports history of interaction with seemingly intelligent orbs
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:34 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Western reactions to the controversial Benin Bronzes
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» India unveils first images from Moon mission
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:27 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Scientists achieve nuclear fusion net energy gain for second time
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:25 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Putin Signals 5G Ban
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:07 pm by PurpleSkyz

» “Texas Student Dies in Car Accident — Discovers Life after Death”
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:05 pm by PurpleSkyz

» The hidden history taught by secret societies
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:03 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Vaccines and SIDS (Crib Death)
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Sun blasts out highest-energy radiation ever recorded, raising questions for solar physics
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptyMon Aug 07, 2023 2:29 pm by PurpleSkyz

» Why you should be eating more porcini mushrooms
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules EmptySun Aug 06, 2023 10:38 am by PurpleSkyz

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PurpleSkyz

PurpleSkyz
Admin

Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules

Posted on November 10, 2021

Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules MCV7RNMHWVL3HNODI2VYJEZ3UU

By Praveen Menon and Shashwat Awasthi
WELLINGTON, Nov 9 (Reuters) – New Zealand beefed up security measures at its parliament on Tuesday as thousands of people gathered to protest against COVID-19 vaccine mandates and government lockdowns aimed at controlling the pandemic.
All but two entrances to the parliament building, known as the Beehive, were closed off in unprecedented security measures, as mostly unmasked protesters marched through central Wellington and congregated outside parliament.
While the demonstration was peaceful, many people were seen holding signs and placards with messages like “Freedom” and “Kiwis are not lab rats” and shouting slogans as they demanded the government roll back compulsory vaccination and lift restrictions.
Placards showing support to former U.S. President Donald Trump and slamming the media as “fake” and lying were also displayed.
“I will not be coerced and I will not be forced into taking something I don’t want in my body,” a protester said outside parliament.
“I’m asking (the government) to give us back 2018. Simple as that. I want my freedoms back.”
New Zealand has struggled to fight off a highly infectious outbreak of the Delta variant this year, forcing Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern to move from its strategy of elimination through lockdowns to living with the virus with higher vaccinations.

Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules QRHIPGQP5JORRHL7R7F5QPCWH4
Thousands protest in New Zealand against COVID-19 rules 7NN7JSW3AVKPHL6B4U6YURXWGA

REUTERS/Praveen Menon
Ardern last month said the country would require teachers and workers in the health and disability sectors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, inviting criticism from people calling for more freedoms and for ending mandatory vaccine requirements.
“Treat us like people!” another protester exclaimed when asked about the government’s stance on mandating the vaccine.
“I’m here for freedom. The government, what they’re doing, is anti-freedom.”
Speaking to reporters inside parliament, Ardern said: “What we saw today was not representative of the vast bulk of New Zealanders.”
But the prime minister has been facing growing political pressure and public protests to ease pandemic measures ahead of the Christmas holidays.
She plans to travel to Auckland on Wednesday when the lockdown measures enforced on the city nearly three months ago eases. She is expected to face more protests during her visit.
[…]
Via https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/thousands-protest-new-zealand-against-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-2021-11-09/

https://stuartbramhall.wordpress.com/2021/11/10/thousands-protest-in-new-zealand-against-covid-19-rules/
Thanks to: https://stuartbramhall.wordpress.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum